New X-1 prices

Hopes4

Yes, I also checked on this question. Even though you're sharing a cabin (husband/wife for example) you do NOT have to purchase the X1 package for the both of you. The X1 package is an individual package which you may add to your cruise and is on a per person basis.

And we won't give them any idea to implement this rule in the future...

Andy

Thanks, I called my TA who contacted Costa and at first, they said no, both must purchase but when I said I thought that was incorrect, she called back to say they changed their tune and said that it was allowable. I paid $97 for the Fortuna in December for myself. Now my husband says he wants one too, after all that trouble:( .....thanks again for your responses.

Called Costa today to book X1 package and was told it operates by way of a book of vouchers and you can either have wine or beer but not both !

this info doesn't seem to stack up with previous posts.......any ideas.....we are on the Europa ...would that make any difference ?:eek:

Called Costa today to book X1 package and was told it operates by way of a book of vouchers and you can either have wine or beer but not both !

this info doesn't seem to stack up with previous posts.......any ideas.....we are on the Europa ...would that make any difference ?:eek:

Call them again you got the wrong person. Your room key card is tagged with an X-1 and that entitles to use it for the drinks. wine or beer.

I was told today that the price per person for an X-1 package is now $16.05 per day. I wouldn't have minded an increase, but an increase of around 40% per day is not very fair at all.

Hello everyone - We are sailing on the Costa Fortuna 2-3-08. I called Costa Cruises to ask about the XI drink package last week (11-8-07) and was told the price of the drink package was $13.96 per day and included gratuity. And it could be used only during dining hours at the buffet or in the dining room. There seems to be a lot different info about this package and the prices.

My husband and I enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner. We are trying to decided if the cost of the package would be less expensive than buying glasses/bottle of wine individually. Anyone know the cost of a glass/bottle of wine on the Fortuna.

Maybe our Costa Guide MD11F (Ken) can help us out on what is the correct information. Happy sailing everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked mine on Friday with my reservation and was told the price is $15 per day per package--don't really understand the difference in price unless some prices are not including tax/gratuity. I am not going to argue about a 7 dollar difference between $13.95 and $15.00. I was also told that I could go anywhere that food was being served (including the buffet poolside) to get my drinks. Since Costa has such extended hours for their food service I booked one for both me and my husband. He likes wine and I like beer and I figure we usually have a big bar bill on a 7 day cruise, so I am hoping it will be a bargain!

• 3 weeks later...

Having just cruised on the Serena and used the X1 allow me to dissapate any rumors or misinformation about this great deal.

1) You can only buy this package from your TA or Costa - True. You must purchase this package before you cruise, if you booked through a TA, then through them. If not, then through Costa.

2) You can drink that you want - True, kind of. I never drank to excess (mainly because I just don't drink to excess <shrug>), but I was never denied a drinnk using X1, if I was at the right place at the right time (see below).

3) You can get a drink anywhere - False. The only places that you can use X1 to get a drink is at the restaurant (Lunch or Dinner) or at the buffet (poolside bar or in the buffet restaurant). I preferred using my X1 at the restaurant for dinner, because my waiters were awesome and were practically stuffing wine bottles into my hands near the end of the dinner. I had 3 bottles of the red in my room, for nightcaps or sipping while reading. It got to be so funny, that I gave my tablemates a bottle after dinner. (Out of eyeshot of the waiters, not for sneakiness, but I think they would have taken offense that I was re-gifting.) X1 in the buffet is by the glass, which is fine also. The beer is served in Carlsbad glasses, so I have to assume that Carlsbad is what they serve on tap. Its tasty, nonetheless.

4) Misc - X1 comes with sodas, and bottled water. The first night we had dinner, I ordered simple tap water, but once the waiter saw the X1, he had bottled (sin gas) water and a bottle of wine waiting for us when we arrived at the table. Also, he served my wife sodas (she's pregnant) no questions asked. If anything, I'd say having two X1's is over-kill, unless you plan on spending a lot of meals apart.

Summary - X1 is a great deal, as ala carte drinks on the ship are EXPENSIVE! It's very easy to drink past the $15/day charge with one person utilizing it, not to mention if you happen to have a second person to share the bottle of wine. I ended up sharing the wine with the other couple at the table. They were quite pleased, and it made for a warmer conversation. I'd recommend X1 for couples, parents, singles, just about anyone! Parents can "buy" their kids sodas on the X1 at dinner (if the precedent of my wife receiving sodas is followed).

Hope this helped those of you who were confused, I know I was going into this cruise.

Nick

:cool: :cool: PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE X1 PACKAGE IS ALL ABOUT WHAT DOES IT COST AND WHAT DO YOU GET THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

It is a package that you can purchase before your cruise that allows you to have alcoholic beverages during lunch and dinner. See the above posts for further info!

There is so much different information floating around! I have never cruised COSTA so I might be confused as to the defination of the bars. All in all, what I would like to know is if we are sitting by the pool and I want a beer, is it covered on the card? We are cruising Fortuna Mar 30, 2008. THANKS!!!

Yes- I was able to use the x1 to get beer from the pool waitstaff.

No- Only during buffet hours.

Well worth the money, In fact it's my deciding factor for choosing Costa over Carnival or Royal Carribean. I like Costa for the value (especially considering x1) but if money and x1 were the same I'd choose another line.

The beer was calrsberg on my last cruise. I LOVE carlsberg beer so it's a slam dunk for me.

Cheers!

sitting by the pool and I want a beer, is it covered on the card?

I asked Costa the same question when I reserved it and was also told "NO" however.....They also said... "If you go to the pool bar next to the buffet during lunch time you will be served". They will not serve you at your chair.

Just to avoid confusion again, this is for house wine, draft beer, soft drinks and mineral water. No fru fru drinks. As most wine runs $6.00 a glass, I still think it will be a great deal.

We (three people) decided it wasn't worth it for us. We ordered a bottle of wine in the dining room each night. Most were in the $25-$35 range. We also brought aboard five bottles in our luggage for our "wine time" on the balcony with the appetizers brought by our butler. No issue with bringing it in the luggage but we were told they would take it and hold it til last day if we bought in port and carried it on. Don't know if they really would or not. We didn't try.

• 3 weeks later...
We would like the X1 package. It sounds like a good deal for the most part. Does anyone know, do they serve house wine, which is fine, or is there a short menu you order from? We are mostly wine drinkers at dinner, does it include lunch too? Do we have to ask our TA to call and add it on? I searched the website and did not see it anywhere there. Thanks for all help

We just booked our X1 package yesterday (July 20th 2008 Costa Serena Cruise) - yea, Costa's gonna be sorry for this one!

It was $14 per day which for 7 days came to $98. We booked it with our TA, who had to call Costa, and then added it to our booking.

As we understand it, the choice is house white, house red, house rose or Carlsberg beer on tap.

Me, I prefer red. My wife, well she prefers Chablis. We drink very seldomly while at home :p, but on cruises, well we like to let our hair down. In other words, we each will savour our own bottle of wine at dinner time.

Ok, time out. At $30 a bottle, times two of us, times 7 days, that comes to $420. Since we both paid for the X1 package at $200 total, we can't afford to NOT buy the X1 package. Duh?

And this doesn't even include the bottle of wine each -or- the 2 draft beers each, which we will certainly have with lunch.

The X1 package is a no-brainer - ssshhh, don't tell anybody. Ok?

We just traveled to Alaska on NCL last summer, and we spent about $500 on bottles of wine on that cruise. We could have used the X1 there!

Costa, you guys rock!!!

I know I'm gonna be a repeat customer and I haven't even gone on my first Costa cruise yet! ;)

We just booked our X1 package yesterday (July 20th 2008 Costa Serena Cruise) - yea, Costa's gonna be sorry for this one!

It was $14 per day which for 7 days came to $98. We booked it with our TA, who had to call Costa, and then added it to our booking.

As we understand it, the choice is house white, house red, house rose or Carlsberg beer on tap.

Me, I prefer red. My wife, well she prefers Chablis. We drink very seldomly while at home :p, but on cruises, well we like to let our hair down. In other words, we each will savour our own bottle of wine at dinner time.

Ok, time out. At $30 a bottle, times two of us, times 7 days, that comes to $420. Since we both paid for the X1 package at $200 total, we can't afford to NOT buy the X1 package. Duh?

And this doesn't even include the bottle of wine each -or- the 2 draft beers each, which we will certainly have with lunch.

The X1 package is a no-brainer - ssshhh, don't tell anybody. Ok?

We just traveled to Alaska on NCL last summer, and we spent about $500 on bottles of wine on that cruise. We could have used the X1 there!

Costa, you guys rock!!!

I know I'm gonna be a repeat customer and I haven't even gone on my first Costa cruise yet! ;)

WOW I am shocked they still offer it! After my Xmas cruise on the Fortuna I thought they would do away with it. I put a hurtin on them!!!!!!!!!

We (7 of us but only 4 drinkers) are sailing 2/9 on Mediterranea and plan on putting a hurtin on them too. For sure, they will be doing away with this package after we disembark.

Hope it's as great as it sounds. I will be posting when we return.

I tried to buy the X-1 package for myself, (wife does not drink wine, she prefers Mojitos) and here's the response I got:

"

Hello,

This can be done. Please be advised there will be an service fee charged by ***** ******** in the amount of $35.00, plus the price of the X-1 package.

Please advise

Thanks

Customer Service Dept "

I told them to forget about it and I called Costa and bought it from them for $97.72 :D . The $35.00 fee is almost 40% of the total price.

I tried to buy the X-1 package for myself, (wife does not drink wine, she prefers Mojitos) and here's the response I got:

"

Hello,

This can be done. Please be advised there will be an service fee charged by ***** ******** in the amount of $35.00, plus the price of the X-1 package.

Please advise

Thanks

Customer Service Dept "

I told them to forget about it and I called Costa and bought it from them for $97.72 :D . The $35.00 fee is almost 40% of the total price.

So did you call your TA or Costa directly?

Archived