New X-1 prices

Hopes4

Costa told me we HAD to go through our TA. I wish they would be consistent!!! Always seems to be who you get on the phone. If there is a next time, I will keep calling until I get someone at Costa to do it. At the time of booking, we knew nothing about the X-1. Seems nobody knows much about it except the people on these borads. The $35.00 fee - you must have the same on line TA we do because we had to pay it and still think it will be worth it (but it would have been better without that fee). I checked my credit card and the Costa fee is on there but the $35 is not YET but I'm sure they'll get us eventually.

Costa told me we HAD to go through our TA. I wish they would be consistent!!! Always seems to be who you get on the phone. If there is a next time, I will keep calling until I get someone at Costa to do it. At the time of booking, we knew nothing about the X-1. Seems nobody knows much about it except the people on these borads. The $35.00 fee - you must have the same on line TA we do because we had to pay it and still think it will be worth it (but it would have been better without that fee). I checked my credit card and the Costa fee is on there but the $35 is not YET but I'm sure they'll get us eventually.

I haven't purchased mine yet...but plan to very shortly..can I talk you into emailing me the name of your TA on-line company (my email is listed below)

I haven't said anything to them yet, and if its the same as yours, may try to purchase this on my own without going thru my TA...Thanks in advance for your help!!

Can someone please tell me what X-1 stands for?

And it is my first time cruise (costa Serena) and I would like to know if we have to pay for all drinks or is water and things like that for free?

Thanks for all your help!

Don't worry, on all cruises...anything water based is free..

(coffee, tea (cold and hot) juice, tap water.. You will pay extra for adult beverages, soda's (usually 2.50 to 3.00 per can) bottle water.

Hope this helps..

The X1 package is available on Carribean cruises. Here is the number that I called 1-800-445-8020 ext.5009 Choose option 1 for individual and group requests. The first time I called I didn't get a representative, so I left a message. If this happens I would keep calling until you get a person on the phone.

If i Have x1 package does that mean I can drink as much as I want and whenever and wherever I want or are there some restrictions?

And I was reading something and it sayed u can have water package? So it means I have to pay for water?!?

If i Have x1 package does that mean I can drink as much as I want and whenever and wherever I want or are there some restrictions?

And I was reading something and it sayed u can have water package? So it means I have to pay for water?!?

the x1 includes unlimited beer, wine, bottled water and soda during lunch and dinner hours at your table or from the bar near the buffet.

Hello, I just booked my X1 package for myself and my father cost was 97.72 each. Now I understand that this is only for times when food is being served now is the wine by the glass or bottle. I know that beer is from the tap.

Another question is will it be easier to by the kids card for drinks before the cruise or easier on the boat...

the x1 includes unlimited beer, wine, bottled water and soda during lunch and dinner hours at your table or from the bar near the buffet.

I would pay 308 dolars for 11 days cruise (2 people) - onyl for lunch and dinner?!? Isnt that a bit expencive, if you concider that 7 of those days I am not on board for lunch and one not even for dinner!!!:confused: I think it is not worth it if you dont want to be wasted every day there!

We just returned from the 1/27 - 2/3 Fortuna Cruise. My husband and I ordered the X1 package. He drinks beer, I drink wine. We enjoyed many of our lunches in the dining room and there was no problem getting a second glass (enough for me at lunch!!) while having lunch. At dinner we both drank wine. After the second night, our waiter brought us a whole bottle to the table... and every night after that. We choice to give him and the assistant waiter $5 each on our first two nights at dinner. That was all it took. We also tipped them on the last night of the cruise. They were excellent. The X1 saved us a ton of money on our bar bill... :D

Hello there IMREADYTOGOAGAIN, just wanted to know how the bar staff treated you with the X1 package at the buffet bar during lunch. I am going 2008 03 15 and am kind of nervous about the X1 because a lot of people have been comming back saying the buffet bars were not very eager refilling your glasses, were you able to get 2 cans of pop at once?

Thanks in advance.

Hello there IMREADYTOGOAGAIN, just wanted to know how the bar staff treated you with the X1 package at the buffet bar during lunch. I am going 2008 03 15 and am kind of nervous about the X1 because a lot of people have been comming back saying the buffet bars were not very eager refilling your glasses, were you able to get 2 cans of pop at once?

Thanks in advance.

mtl kid... The bar service people will wait on you from a table.. (we usually sat outside near the pool at a table). We usually gave them a small tip and they would keep us happy!! Not sure about the 2 pops. We never had to show both cards to order our drinks. We usually had wine or beer. We did not have any problem getting our drinks as long as food was being served..

We just bought the X-1 for our upcoming cruise on the Fortuna (March 2, 2008).

If they will serve during dining hours...does that mean during 2nd dining out by the pool? How late does the pool bar serve??

I guess I am just wondering what the exact hours are?

Thanks for any input!

Hello all, firstly, thanks for all this great talk of the x1 package. I had never heard of such a thing and now have booked what sounds like a great deal. I attempted to call Costa directly and they would not accept my order because I had booked the cruise through a travel agent. My agent was able to book this for my husband and I at the cost of $195.00 for us both, 7 days. Cruising Mar.9 on the Fortuna - Eastern Carib.

I asked the Costa agent why I had heard of some people incurring a $35-50 service charge. She explained that these fees are charged if people booked the actual cruise after Feb.1/08.

:)

I booked last March for my cruise this Feb and was paid in full and they still charged me the fuel surcharge in November. It was $110 for the cabin, $55 pp. Our teenage grandson was not charged. There were many discussions on the boards regarding this surcharge. Costa was the only major line that was charging everyone regardless of when they booked or paid. I am surprised they are now telling people different. Everyone was charged.

Archived