New X-1 prices

Hopes4

I was told today that the price per person for an X-1 package is now $16.05 per day. I wouldn't have minded an increase, but an increase of around 40% per day is not very fair at all.

Sounds like they are raising the cost of a number of things ~ I wonder if that will encourage more smuggling on board;)

IF you book it now and there is another increase, I wonder if you get it at the initial reduced rate? Anybody out there know:confused:

When I booked it this summer they told me $195.00 for both of us for a one week cruise. I wonder if they will continue to charge me that or the new price?

The US dollar has dropped a lot compared to the Euro (and Costa is mostly in Euros because they are Italian) so this might explain the increase. The US dollar has also dropped compared to the Canadian $ so even with the increase it is a good deal for Canadians.

I will have to ring Costa UK and see what they quote as for 2 people on an 11 night cruise, that is quite an increase. If anyone gets a sterling price, can they post as I won't be able to do it for a couple of days? Thanks.

Tracey

I just booked my X1 package today. When I called Costa direct to book, the quoted me 400.62 + 60$ service charge for 2 people for 11day cruise. When I tried to book, they said I need to do it through my TA. Called my TA an booked for a total price of $307. It makes no sence to! Looks like the prices vary depending on who answers the phone.

Now I'm completely confused... I'll check tomorrow morning again, but I was quoted $ 11.50 per day, per person. I have not booked the package yet, but I'll let you know what I find out.

Truly amazing... I might understand that they have a different price in Euros and Dollars, but that the Dollar prices vary (especially that much) is beyond me. Sounds to me that the "X-1" gets adjusted according to the current gas or raw oil prices? LOL ;-)

Andy

I am wondering if its worth it to get the X1 package if one only drinks wine. I see on the Costa website that the price of many bottles of wine is between 20-30 USD. So would it be worth it to simply order wine with meals and ultimately pay less?

Are you allowed to re-cork the bottle and drink it at a later meal, or must you drink it all in one sitting?

And the bottles that are listed on the Costa site, are those the ones available during mealtimes or must they be ordered prior to the cruise?

You don't get to choose which wine you get, only whether red, white or rose. After the first couple of nights we were given the wine that is decanted for sale by the carafe, it was excellent. Although we never finished a bottle we had fresh bottles on the table every night. The thing about the X1 package is that the beer and wine are unlimited, but we couldn't drink a whole bottle each and so the economics are not really clear cut. I a bottle is going to last a couple of meals you may well be cheaper and better not going for the X1 package.

Okay... verified that the X-1 Package for U.S. Customers is now $ 14/person per day. Must be because the oil is going up... LOL

We had some real good italian wines and a wonderful portugese wine for around the $ 20 mark... It all depends on how much you drink and when, as the X-1 is not valid at the bars, lounges or the theatre...

Andy

hmmm - we booked a January cruise back in July and paid $14/day for an 11 night Med cruise - still a good deal for us - including the soda - that includes the tip so at $6 per glass of wine and you drink 2 glasses at dinner anything over that is free! and I like free stuff!:p

We paid £7 PP per day for our Concordia cruise last week. I believe it is priced in euros and it depends on the exchange rate at the time you actually pay, as to what the price is. We found it to be excellent value. We always buy at least 1 bottle of wine every night. The cheapest wine was 17 euros plus 15% so that alone almost paid for it. Some nights we drank nearly 2 bottles plus a couple of bottles of water.At lunch times DH usually had a beer and I had a coke which was always a can. All the staff knew about it and we never had any problems getting drinks.

I just wish all the cruise lines did something similar.

Julie

We are booked to cruise on Fortuna in Feb. :) and would like to order the X1 package.:D

I do not have a booking number yet and I seem to be having a problem :confused: on the costa website.

What's the best way to book the X1 deal?:cool: :cool:

luckymike:

You can book the X1 package ONLY through your TA or through Costa directly. It is not available online or on-board. When you decide to book the X1, it must be purchased at least 14 days prior to your scheduled sailing and MUST be paid in full.

Andy

We are booked to cruise on Fortuna in Feb. :) and would like to order the X1 package.:D

I do not have a booking number yet and I seem to be having a problem :confused: on the costa website.

What's the best way to book the X1 deal?:cool: :cool:

How can you not have a booking number if you are already booked. Did you book thru costa or TA . We used a TA for this upcoming cruise, but received the booking number at the time of down payment. Then had to personally call Costa to give DOB etc for family members and then was able to use the Costa website.

ps The Costa website is notorious for being problematic

We would like the X1 package. It sounds like a good deal for the most part. Does anyone know, do they serve house wine, which is fine, or is there a short menu you order from? We are mostly wine drinkers at dinner, does it include lunch too? Do we have to ask our TA to call and add it on? I searched the website and did not see it anywhere there. Thanks for all help

We would like the X1 package. It sounds like a good deal for the most part. Does anyone know, do they serve house wine, which is fine, or is there a short menu you order from? We are mostly wine drinkers at dinner, does it include lunch too? Do we have to ask our TA to call and add it on? I searched the website and did not see it anywhere there. Thanks for all help

I booked mine through my TA. From what I understand as long as they are serving food somewhere you can use the card. It is housewine.

Tuscansun,

On Concordia the wine in the dining room at either lunch or dinner was as follows-

white

La Collezione Pasqua Custoza doc 2006, and on the last day it changed to Manfredi Piemonte Cortese doc 2006

red

La Collezione Pasqua Bardolino doc 2006

We were not given a choice but they were all very drinkable and we were always left with the bottle.

A couple of times I had a glass of wine from the pool bar at lunchtime. It was poured straight into the glass so I didn't see what it was, but it was nice.

You have to order the package through your TA.

Julie

Archived