New X-1 prices

Hopes4

I bought the XL drink by the glass card and read on here that tips are included in the drink prices. That was one of the reasons I like the card so much. Now I am hearing that the tip is extra for every drink. That makes the cost a lot different than I expected.

Does anyone have any information on wheather they do charge a tip for every drink, coke, water, beer or wine & so on, EACH time

I bought the XL drink by the glass card and read on here that tips are included in the drink prices. That was one of the reasons I like the card so much. Now I am hearing that the tip is extra for every drink. That makes the cost a lot different than I expected.

Does anyone have any information on wheather they do charge a tip for every drink, coke, water, beer or wine & so on, EACH time

This thread is about the X-1 program and tips are inlcuded in it. What is the XL drink package? Who's been telling you that tips are not included?:confused:

When you have booked the X1 Drinks Package by the Glass, then wine, beer and soda are free when ordered in and during the opening hours of the Dining Restaurant and the Buffet (in some cases also at the pool bar). NO addidtional tip (i.e 15%) is applied.

Also with the exception of the Daily Service Charge, which is automatically charge against your onboard account, all other purchases including non X1 drinks have to be signed for. You do not sign for X1 drinks.

One answer that I do not know is if the X1 is available in the Dining Restaurant or Buffet during breakfast?:eek: :cool: ;)

Ron

Sorry for the mistake....I meant to post X1 not XL.

I read on the Costa website that 15% would be added to all drink orders and packages. I ordered the X1 drink package because I read that gratuity was included in the price. I will be VERY disappointed if I am charged 15% every time I use my card. Will be Sailing March 2nd. Anyone just get back?? Were you charged? And is it a problem going back for more right away or can you ask for 2 at a time??

Thanks!!

Sorry for the mistake....I meant to post X1 not XL.

I read on the Costa website that 15% would be added to all drink orders and packages. I ordered the X1 drink package because I read that gratuity was included in the price. I will be VERY disappointed if I am charged 15% every time I use my card. Will be Sailing March 2nd. Anyone just get back?? Were you charged? And is it a problem going back for more right away or can you ask for 2 at a time??

Thanks!!

You wont be charged as there is no transaction. If you get the same server they wont even look at the card. I sat at the same bar and gave them a $5.00 tip early one and got all I wanted.

that's wonderful! Thanks!

Can you ask for a beer AND a bottle of water at the same time?? And is the water cold?

Someone mentioned being given a bottle of wine to take back to their cabin. Anyone else get to do that??

Can't wait! Seems like a great deal!

I just purchased the X1 for my honey - he's a beer drinker. As info, I didn't buy it for me as I enjoy various types of beverages - wine, martinis, fru-fru drinks.

QUESTION - can he order wine at dinner (that both of us would MAYBE consume) without any problem? :confused:

Thanks all! :)

[quote name=

QUESTION - can he order wine at dinner (that both of us would MAYBE consume) without any problem? :confused:

Thanks all! :)

You can sip from his glass but to expect to get full drinks without paying for them is plain wrong and unethical.

Can anyone tell me what kind of bottled water is included? Is it Italian Mineral water or regular spring water?

What is the difference between mineral and spring water?:confused:

All I can remember is that the bottled water on the Med was transparent and wet - not as good as the Franzikaner beer.:rolleyes:

Ron

Archived