How I got to meet the great Diamond Princess medical staff...

coolcat12

Just wanted to let anybody who was curious.....

Berkeley(via Costco) paid my claim in full and I got the check yesterday and I have an appt with the allergy office next week.:) Yes...the insurance paid quickly and the appt. took that long to get!

Glad everything worked out for you. I got to know the Medical Staff personally on my recent Royal Princess cruise. We were on an overnight in Jerusalem (Princess excursion) and we were put up in the filthiest, dirtiest, grossest hotel I've ever been in. Twenty-four hours after leaving the hotel, I was on my way for an all-day tour in Cairo (3.5-hour drive each way) and an hour after arriving in Cairo, I started feeling very, very sick. I managed to make it to the bus for the drive back to Port Said when I suddenly had voilent gastro-intestinal symptoms (trying to put it gracefully here.) I don't even remember the drive back but the Princess rep took me right to the head of the line to re-board the ship and 10 minutes later, the nurse was knocking on my cabin door. She immediately gave me a shot, which helped, but I was sooooo sick for about 36 hours that they gave me stronger medications the next night. Things finally calmed down but I was sick and weak for the next several days. There was no way I wanted to leave the cabin much less be tempted to do so. My sister, who had elected to stay on the ship (we'd been to Cairo before) got the same thing at the same time but she was lucky and had only a few hours of it. We heard later that several (8-10) people on our Jerusalem overnight bus also got sick. We are all convinced that it was the hotel and plan to write Princess about it.

But the point is that they took excellent care of me. The nurses checked 3x a day and the special team came 2x a day to clean the cabin, clean up any laundry, etc. The doctor also called frequently to see how I was doing. The care was excellent.

Just wanted to let anybody who was curious.....

Berkeley(via Costco) paid my claim in full and I got the check yesterday and I have an appt with the allergy office next week.:) Yes...the insurance paid quickly and the appt. took that long to get!

I had to use the medical center on the Serenade of the Seas last month going to Hawaii. We have Berkeley insurance through our TAs travel agency. They required me to first go through my own medical insurance first. Did you have to do that??? I was on IV for 2 hrs. due to dehydration from motion sickness. They did pay us for trip interruption due to having to go back to Hawaii for a medical emergency on board. It always pays to have insurance!!

Berkeley said that they would pay what my medical doesn't. We have pretty good insurance so I'm not worried about them paying my claim. The gal at our insurance was relieved that the bill was in English.:) My care at the medical center was excellent!!

I got to know the Medical Staff personally on my recent Royal Princess cruise. We were on an overnight in Jerusalem (Princess excursion) and we were put up in the filthiest, dirtiest, grossest hotel I've ever been in. Twenty-four hours after leaving the hotel, I was on my way for an all-day tour in Cairo (3.5-hour drive each way) and an hour after arriving in Cairo, I started feeling very, very sick. I managed to make it to the bus for the drive back to Port Said when I suddenly had voilent gastro-intestinal symptoms (trying to put it gracefully here.) I don't even remember the drive back but the Princess rep took me right to the head of the line to re-board the ship and 10 minutes later, the nurse was knocking on my cabin door. She immediately gave me a shot, which helped, but I was sooooo sick for about 36 hours that they gave me stronger medications the next night. Things finally calmed down but I was sick and weak for the next several days. There was no way I wanted to leave the cabin much less be tempted to do so. My sister, who had elected to stay on the ship (we'd been to Cairo before) got the same thing at the same time but she was lucky and had only a few hours of it. We heard later that several (8-10) people on our Jerusalem overnight bus also got sick. We are all convinced that it was the hotel and plan to write Princess about it.

ICKY! I am so sorry that happened to you but I am glad that the staff took care of you so thoughtfully. Hope that they loose that hotel from the list of ones to put pax in!:eek:

ICKY! I am so sorry that happened to you but I am glad that the staff took care of you so thoughtfully. Hope that they loose that hotel from the list of ones to put pax in!:eek:
Yes, it was very icky. And, I'm sure enough people complained to the Shore Desk (I was there right after re-boarding in Haifa) to get the message across.

Archived