Laundry on Back 2 Back Cruises

lasharon

HELP !!! Any advice ?? We will be on 2 Celebrity cruises - Back2back for 21 days. How does one "do" laundry ??? Thanks bunches.

lasharon:

That is a real draw back for Celebrity, since they do not offer self service laundromats as many other cruise lines do. Self service laundromats were a great thing to have on my last Princess b2b cruise and the savings amounted to a large junk of change. Celebrity does sometimes have specials and charge by the bag. I think I saw this offered on one of my Celebrity cruises.

Maybe someday Celebrity will catch up with the other cruise lines in this department. It may sound cheap to wash your own clothes on a b2b cruise but I do it at home and for my budget it is very important.

We are doing the same B2B, on the Connie for 21 days. We did this B2B two years ago, and we took advantage of the "full bag for $15.00. We also did it on our 13 day NE/Canada this past Sept.

I plan to use the bag offer for our next B2B as well.

Now...some people that were also on the B2B two years ago, just got off the ship in FLL and went to the coin laundry. They also combined it with going to the drug store etc. But, if you are doing this to save money, you have to figure in the taxi fare too.

We will be doing a back to back for 28 days in a couple of weeks. I figure that the laundry service is just a tiny portion of my cruise expenses - especially since we are doing the Med. It seems worth it to me not to have to waste my time (which could be doing something more relaxing or exciting) doing laundry.

I don't quite understand the comment about Celebrity catching up with other lines as I understand the newer Hal ships do not have a self serve laundry aboard.

I recently went on 2 short b2b's and the "All you fill the bag for

15.00" was offered and I used it before the end of the 2nd cruise.

I felt the value was excellent and I rolled alot of clothing up

and got a bunch of clean clothing back:D. I still needed to

do laundry when I returned home but not nearly as much

as usual!

I am on a budget as well...cruising life, as well as regular

home life. But I think the 15.00 is more than worth it:).

Normally I never even use the laundry services for a 7 dayer but

decided to treat myself:)

I don't understand doing laundry at the end of the cruise (which is when they offer the deals). It's cheap and easy to do laundry at home. What we need is a cheap and easy way to do laundry for use on the ship. Now, for a B2B, it would make sense to send out as much laundry as possible at the end of cruise 1, and then you have all clean stuff for cruise 2.

I've been thinking about this as well.... since we plan to park at the port, have thought about packing a second suitcase to leave in the car...and exchange the clean suitcase for the dirty suitcase! This won't work if you are flying of course!!

The middle of the week, the cruise line should offer the 'anything you can fit in the bag' special for $12 or $15 .... not a bargain at home, but worth it on vacation!

I was on the Mercury in 2002 for two 14 night cruises B2B, in an inside cabin. I took along one of those travel clotheslines, with a suction cup and hook on both ends, put it up in the cabin (affixed the suction cups to the pictures in the cabin (covered with plastic, not glass)) toward the pillow end of the bed to be out of the way, and it stayed up the whole time. Every few days I washed undies, socks, lightweight stuff, and rolled them in towels before hanging them to make them dry faster. Still, everything took about 2 days to dry. Heavier things were sent out to the ship's laundry (I don't recall the $15 deal then). It was cumbersome, but, heck, we were sailing around Cape Horn and going to Rio for Carnaval, so we really didn't notice!

On the Mercury last week (PNW B2Bs), I received the Elite coupon books with a coupon for a bag of laundry for $15. My friend (traveling companion) from Sydney was continuing her travels after the cruise, so we took advantage of the $15 deal. We priced everything separately, and ended up saving at least $9 (and it would have been more savings if our clothes hadn't all been heavy weight/long sleeves for the cool weather). We did roll everything, and tightly.

I also miss the self serve laundries that some cruise lines have (things washed in a washer just feel cleaner), but laundry facilities just don't rank in the top five decision criteria for our cruises. After the 28 days (plus a precruise stay) without them, it's all been easy in comparison

Archived