To those who have sailed Adventure, is it as bad...

3redheads

For those who have sailed the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan recently, is it as bad as I read about or are these isolated incidents?

We sailed this past March, and had an absolutely wonderful time. The mix of passengers was great, and we did not encounter any problems. In fact, this was my most favourite cruise. Everything seemed just right.

We sailed Adventure about a year and a half ago and loved it! Experienced no problems at all. Not sure if the reported problems are isolated incidents, eye of the beholder perception differences, or maybe we just got really lucky.

We had such a great trip that I am always surprised and a bit dismayed when I read the bad reviews.

I would suggest going to the reviews page to get a little broader picture than just relying on what people choose to post on the general board.

And know yourself; if the problems you read about would REALLY diminish your vacation you might want to think twice OR if you know in the end it would not really be a big deal then take a chance and go!!

I have sailed the AOS 3 times, with the 4th and 5th booked for this February. I can honestly tell you that on each of my cruises, we had a fantastic time! Are there Puerto Rican passengers onboard? Yes. Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English? Yes. Were the Puerto Rican guests rude? No. I am not discounting any negative experiences other people may have had, I am simply stating the experience we have had.

I truly believe a cruise is what you make of it. I mean c'mon, the vast majority of us work really hard just to be able to cruise for one week!!! There are no perfect cruise passengers - of ANY nationality. I have encountered my share of rude cruise ship passengers, and I can assure you they were not from Puerto Rico :rolleyes:

The AOS is my favorite ship. Not only are the crew amazing, but so is the ship itself and the incredible southern itinerary.

Please - if you are hesitant to book the AOS - don't be! If you decide not to cruise on the AOS based on what other people say, then you are going to miss out on an outstanding cruise.

If anyone has questions about the ship - or my past cruises, you can contact me at ckrobyn@hotmail.com

Happy Cruising! :)

Thank you for your responses. I didn't realize there were two recent posts. I will do a search next time.

We've actually cruised out of San Juan on the Serenade. Never had a problem, which is why I couldn't understand why there's so much posted about AOS out of San Juan.

Thank you for your responses. I didn't realize there were two recent posts. I will do a search next time.

We've actually cruised out of San Juan on the Serenade. Never had a problem, which is why I couldn't understand why there's so much posted about AOS out of San Juan.

We usually don't read anything negative regarding the Serenade. That might be because she goes to the West Coast during the summer months. Or, perhaps because so many people love the Radiance Class ships and the Serenade sells out so RCI doesn't need to lower the price - who knows!!

###

We were aboard her for the week of Oct. 7-14th and it was an unforgettable experience. Such a great mix of cultures and people, the crew is incredible, the ship is one of, if not the most beautiful Voyager-class ship (of course, I'm talking based in pictures, here) and the ports that we visited were diverse and, all in all, great. I envy (in a good way!) those who'll be traveling aboard her in the coming weeks/months! :D

to me personally,i think people who complain about "foreign" cruisers

on "their ship" are blinkered.They want everything their way,no anoucements in another language,no foriegn food on the menu,heaven forbid the "foreigner" speaks in his/her own tongue at the dinner table.

When they have a laugh and a joke they instantly branded noisey.

Just finished my first cruise ever 10-28 on AOS. It was an amazing experience and I look forward to taking the other itinerary offered. I found the staff to be very friendly and the ship in excellent condition. As for the passengers, every one I met was friendly and there were no problems except for one couple who tried to cut in front of me during disembarkation, and they were not Puerto Rican. All the ship announcements are done in English and Spanish, but if I was in my cabin I would just turn off the sound when the English was done.

For those who have sailed the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan recently, is it as bad as I read about or are these isolated incidents?

Not sure what you're talking about, but DW and I have never been accused of being particulary non demanding and we really enjoyed AOS in April 07 out of SJ. In fact, it was my first RCI cruise & we both enjoyed it so much that we signed up onboard for a 2 week Canal cruise next year. If AOS is bad I'm not sure I could handle good.

to me personally,i think people who complain about "foreign" cruisers

on "their ship" are blinkered.They want everything their way,no anoucements in another language,no foriegn food on the menu,heaven forbid the "foreigner" speaks in his/her own tongue at the dinner table.

When they have a laugh and a joke they instantly branded noisey.

My thoughts exactly. Whenever I read the "It was horrible, they spoke Spanish(gasp!)...they were loud...I couldn't get a pool chair...etc..." to my fiance we just laugh and laugh. Because it sounds like every other cruise we've ever been on and we've never been bothered by this. We love experiencing other cultures and that's just one big plus to cruising out of SJ. I can't wait to go on the Adventure along with 25 other friends and family members for my wedding cruise on January 20th, 2008. :D

Laura

I was on a back to back on AOS in August and we had no problems whatsoever. Was the best, most relaxing vacation I have ever had and I can't wait until May when we go again, on Mariner this time.

The people from PR that DH and I met were actually a darn sight nicer than some of the mainlanders we came accross...

Archived