"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Hi Radio :)

Thanks for the "Hot Spot" list! (even tho Im still hoping Cybercabin works for me like it did in July.)

Im also curious about lobster night. Was it Fishermans platter? Lobster tail(s)? Ive read so many varied accounts of what "lobster night" is. For us in July it was Fishermans- but some on other RCI ships have said it is Lobster. Just a curiousity............

Hope you're having a GREAT day on Explorer!!

IloveEos.gif

Hi Radio :)

Thanks for the "Hot Spot" list! (even tho Im still hoping Cybercabin works for me like it did in July.)

Im also curious about lobster night. Was it Fishermans platter? Lobster tail(s)? Ive read so many varied accounts of what "lobster night" is. For us in July it was Fishermans- but some on other RCI ships have said it is Lobster. Just a curiousity............ Hope you're having a GREAT day on Explorer!!

It was Fishermans Platter. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Hello everyone . . I had a great Bridge Tour today at 1:30. The 1st Officer gave us the tour (Thomas Jankvar) He was very knowledgable about the bridge, and said hes has been to school for 8years to have this position.

We are less than 200 miles from Cape Liberty, but we are going at the scheduled speed of about 10.5 kts, so we will be at the Pilot Station, tomorrow at 5AM.

While we were on the tour, an Alarm went off from a Sprinkler head on deck 5. Someone was immediately sent to inspect the unit. . . He said that when that happens. . .it is usually just a low pressure status, but they send someone every time

Here are some pics from the tour. . .

Radio

Starboard Wing Controls

br1.jpg

Looking to the center of the Bridge

br2.jpg

Officer's Meeting Area

br3.jpg

Navigational Area

br4.jpg

Cruise /Data /Pilot Info

br5.jpg

Here are afew more pics ! !

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Voyage 364 Info

br6.jpg

View of starboard side from the Bridge Wing

br7.jpg

Rough Seas (dirty window) ;)

.br8.jpg

Of course I had to get a photo with the 1st Officer !

br9.jpg

Did You do a an atmospheric or ocean lab tour? :D Kendall

Sorry Kendall . . .No Lab tours this trip. . . I did both of the Tours on my last Explorer Cruise (Aug '06)

Here is our position though. . . as we are making our way back to Cape Liberty....

Radio

The Green Arrow on the Left is where we are (at 11.5 kts)

map2d2.jpg

Radio~I have enjoyed your live posts through out the week!!! I just got off the Explorer on Sunday and miss the ship already!!! Sounds and looks like you are having a great time!!! Enjoy the last night of your trip and thanks for "bringing" us all along!!!! :D

Hello everyone. . . We are still moving slow (11kts) at a heading of 272.

The wind has let down considerably. . . (On the Bridge Tour we were told of current 40 nm/h sustained winds.)

Its the worst time of any cruise. . .last dinner, packing, thinking of getting back to work !

Lots more pics tomorrow !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Current Position

2.jpg

Radio, I have enjoyed sailing with you on this thread. Tomorrow I board Explorer for real. We have a great roll call and I am sure we will all have a great time. Thanks for helping our last week before we cruise go so fast.

Pat

Hi Radio.

Thought I'd join in and say Thank You for letting us cruise with you! I will be getting on tomorrow along with RodPat and Beachlovergirl and I can't wait! Pat's right, our rollcall is great so we should all have a wonderful time. I'm all packed and ready to go!

Patty

Thanks for the nice comments everyone ! We are still heading west and are 160nm from Cape Liberty.

We are still scheduled to pick up the Pilot at 5AM. . . .

It is very cold out. . .Plan to wear something warm if you will be on the Explorer on Sunday ! ! Brrr. . . .

Thanks for tuning in ;)

Radio

:rolleyes:

Hello everyone. . .

Its the worst time of any cruise. . .last dinner, packing, thinking of getting back to work !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Happy Sails 'In" to Cape Liberty!!

I dont like the night before either! Think about it this way, time to book another Explorer cruise! ;) :p :D

Thanks again for all the info you've provided on Explorer! About 6 wks to go for meeeeeee!!

To everyone sailing out today, 'Bon Voyage" and Happy Sails!

Is someone going to be posting LIVE.......???

Hello everyone. . . We arrived at Cape Liberty at about 645AM, and were tied up by 7AM.

The first passengers were called off at 845AM. The debark process should take about 2hrs. I am in no hurry so I plan to be off a at about 10:30AM.

I will make a quick stop at the Starbucks, next to the port. . . and then head south dowen the New Jersey turnpike to Maryland.

I have tons of photos to upload to my Photo Page, and I still have to scan and post the Daily Compass's. Most pics should be up later tonight.

You can just click below or click HERE to see my Cruise Photo Albums.

It has been a fun cruise, and I am eagerly anticipating my next cruise (Hopefully in January 08).

The Cruise Critic fans out there have been wonderful, and I am very happy that I was allowed to provide this "LIVE" report. I Love to do it. . . and cant imagine going on a cruise without doing these reports.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and no "Live" Radio report can be complete without saying

Thanks for tuning in ! !

Here are some arrival pics. . . .

Radio

Morning Dining Room was packed. . . with passengers for last breakfast.

sun1.jpg

Welcom to Cape Liberty Cruise Port. . . .Brrrr. . . A very cold morning

sun2.jpg

I finally was able to see the Statue of Liberty !

sun3.jpg

Hi Radio,

Love your LIVE reports and photos. It is the next best thing to being on your cruise. Look forward to seeing the rest of your photos and the compasses. We will be doing a B2B in Dec including the Holiday cruise so we are looking forward to that. Also it is our first RCCL cruise and EOS. I also do a webpage of all our cruises, if you want to take a look you can see the link in my signature.

Safe drive home

Suz

Thanks again Radio for your great LIVE reports.

All those embarking today....BON VOYAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE WITH SMOOTH SAILING AND SUNSHINE ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your 12 night itinerary, as we leave 3 weeks from today.

Archived