"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Hi Radio,

Enjoying all your pictures! Thanks a bunch for posting!

I hope in December Cybercabin works with my Vista like it did in July on Explorer. Enjoy QUEST!! Great fun! Wish I was there!

Wi Fi is GREAT when the network is up. . . and very fast too (Wi-Fi 750-850 kbps vs Cybercabin at 44-58 kbps)

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

;) ;)

I do not mean to be rude, but I wonder what it costs for you to use the internet on these LIVE threads whilst aboard ship? I love following along with your adventures or explorations.

Radio is using wifi so he is buying packages of time. When I post live I use Cybercabin and that is 85.00 for a 5 night or 125.00 for a 9 night for unlimited access. You can also buy packages of time to use at the internet cafe. :)

Radio! GREAT posts and pictures:D

Hello everyone. . . The Immigration line started this morning at 7AM.

All passengers must report to Immigration Officials.

There was a very very long line for this that started at 630. . . It appears to be a sunny day, with no rain. I will report back with pics later ! !

Here are some pics of our arrival. The current temp is 36f

Our current Position is N42.20.609 /W 071.01.908

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Long Lines to the Dining Room for Immigration

bo8.jpg

Welcome to Boston !

bo3.jpg

bo4.jpg

b10.jpg

bo7.jpg

Here are a couple more pics from this afternoon. . .

Radio

Blue Skies, and Blue Seas

thura.jpg

thurb.jpg

thurc.jpg

thurd.jpg

thure.jpg

Hey Radio! This is your VZW buddy R Coleman! I love your live posts! Hope you're having a great time aboard Explorer! We sailed her this past April and in Christmas of 05. Keep those great pics coming! RC

:rolleyes:

Wi Fi is GREAT when the network is up. . . and very fast too (Wi-Fi 750-850 kbps vs Cybercabin at 44-58 kbps)

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Radio :)

Thanks for the WiFi info! It definitely sounds alot faster than Cybercabin. Can you tell me where the HOT Spots are on Explorer? I recall in July seeing a father and son sitting near the "diving" shop area outside the solarium area and at the Pub on the Promenade. Anywhere else? I am wondering if my cabin might have Wifi just b/c Im near a hot spot.

Any info you have is appreciated! Im enjoying cruising with you! ;)

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Day 6 of my Explorer of the Seas cruise. We arrived at Black Falcon Cruise Pier in Boston as scheduled today at 7AM. After an Immigration check in the dining room, I got off of the ship at about 10AM.

The Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is very big, and it serves Boston as a nice home pier for many ships. While we were at the Terminal. . .I spotted the Norwegian Jewel, docked over at the drydock pier (I think she was in wet dock, however)

I grabbed a cab over to the New England Aquarium, which was very nice. There were hundreds of elementary school kids there on a fieldtrip, which made it a little noisy, but the exhibits were very good (I liked the Aquarium in Bermuda , better !)

I then found something that I like to find in every port. . .a Starbucks ! ! Right in the Boston Marriott, on the water. . .Very Nice

I took a sight seeing tour on one of the many Boston Harbor cruises, (Bay State) It toured around the Harbor, and provide history, and fun fact about Boston. It was a very nice tour, and I highly recommend this tour.

They offer different tours throughout the day ( I would have purchase a Whale Watching tour, but they ended on Nov 1) We went over to the Boston Naval yard, and I toured around there for a while. The USS Constitution, and the USS Cassen Young (Destroyer) were over there, and were very interesting to watch. Both ships offered free tours.

There are dozens of large ferries that navigate in the Boston Harbor. . . . Impressive !

I took a cab back to the ship. . . The cab back to the ship was only $9, while going into the city was $12 ? ? ?

We are scheduled to leave Boston at 6PM, and our next stop will be Cape Liberty Cruise Port, in Bayonne.

Thanks for all of the nice comments so far, and thank you very much for tuning in.

Here a few pics from today. . . .

More pics later !

Radio

The RCI Crew has their Winter Gear on !

BOS1.jpg

New England Aquarium

BOS2.jpg

Lots of Penguins in there . . .

BOS3.jpg

Ahhh. . . It's nice to find aStarbucks in Port. . . . ha ha . . .

(In the Boston Marriott)

BOS4.jpg

Scenic Boston bridge, from the Harbor Tour

BOS5.jpg

More pics soon. . .

These are the last Boston pics. . . many many more will be loaded at my web site (see below) when I return.

I hope to post more ship pics however, tomorrow !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boston Skyline

bos11.jpg

Black Falcon Cruise Pier Gangway

bos12.jpg

The Beautiful Explorer of the seas

bos13.jpg

Hi Radio

Thanks for the WiFi info! It definitely sounds alot faster than Cybercabin. Can you tell me where the HOT Spots are on Explorer? I recall in July seeing a father and son sitting near the "diving" shop area outside the solarium area and at the Pub on the Promenade. Anywhere else? I am wondering if my cabin might have Wifi just b/c Im near a hot spot.

Any info you have is appreciated! Im enjoying cruising with you!

The Hot Spots are:

• Conference center
  • Library
  • Crown and Kettle Pub
  • Viking Crown Lounge
  • Cafe Promenade
  • Solarium

I have also connected at the Pool area (deck 11)

Tonight is Formal Lobster night ! ! !

Radio

These are the last Boston pics. . . many many more will be loaded at my web site (see below) when I return.

I hope to post more ship pics however, tomorrow !

Radio

Boston Skyline

bos11.jpg

Black Falcon Cruise Pier Gangway

bos12.jpg

The Beautiful Explorer of the seas

bos13.jpg

Radio, you took some great shots of Boston. I live just north of there and was hoping desperately that I would have been able to go to the Black Falcon and sail on Explorer to NJ with you since I am going to be on her Sunday for the 12-nighter. Take good care of this fine lady and smooth sailing back to Bayonne.

For those that wanted to go to Boston to watch her sail of of port and did not make it, I happened to do just that on October 5th. I have the video link here from Youtube.com.....Enjoy.

What a great photo of the Boston skyline! I've never been to Boston, but I guess I conjure up images of Boston at the time of the Boston Tea Party so I was surprised to see such modern skyscrapers at the waterfront. Lovely!

Thank you, Radio, for your great reports & photos.

Radio, you took some great shots of Boston. I live just north of there and was hoping desperately that I would have been able to go to the Black Falcon and sail on Explorer to NJ with you since I am going to be on her Sunday for the 12-nighter. Take good care of this fine lady and smooth sailing back to Bayonne.

For those that wanted to go to Boston to watch her sail of of port and did not make it, I happened to do just that on October 5th. I have the video link here from Youtube.com.....Enjoy.

Nice video, Howard! :)

Archived