"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Here are a few pics from last night. .

Radio

First Glance

EX1104A.jpg

Long Line getting in to the Terminal. . . .

ex1104b.jpg

We made it to security !

ex1104c.jpg

Diamond Check In

ex1104d.jpg

On Board Explorer

ex1104e.jpg

More pics coming soon !

Here are a few more from last night. . . I will be in a Seminar at Sea ontil about 3PM. . .

Lots of comments later !

Radio

ex1104f.jpg

Busy Royale Promenade

ex1104g.jpg

Still at the dock after Midnight. . .almost ready to leave.

ex1104h.jpg

Radio,

Great photos, brings back memories of our being on Explorer this past July. REALLY looking forward to your postings and see you all make out this cruise after last week's run in with Noel. Have a wonderful time.

Anne

Wanted to check in to see how you made out boarding last night before I leave for work (should have been in at 8am :eek: ). Glad it didn't take too long once you checked in! Seeing the picture of the Promenade makes me think - I should be there!!! I was walking along there yesterday!!! Ahhhh!!! PCD stinks!!! Have a great time!!!!!!

Hello everyone !

Today is a day of wonderful weather ! The skies are blue and the seas are calm. . . Much different from what I have heard last week.

The Captain on this cruise is Eric Standal. Allan Brooks is the cruise Director (He seems to be a very friendly outgoing CD). Our Future Cruise Consultant is Runi Basyanake. . . .She is also the Loyalty Ambassador.

The Meet and Mingle party is today is the Chamber (Disco) on Deck 3 FWD at 11AM. I may not be able to attend this because of the Seminar that I am attending this week.

I have a few comments about yesterday’s boarding process. The ship arrived in Bayonne 7 hours late, and she also left the pier about 7 hours late. Yes I know there was a lot of waiting. . . But I think that considering all of the trouble that RCI experienced yesterday, that they really went the extra mile to make things more bearable. They provided free shuttles to the movies and the Mall that were nearby. They were providing sandwiches and beverages in the terminal while passengers were waiting to board Explorer. While I was picking up my Cybercabin at Guest relations when there many passengers yelling at the Pursers desk employees. . . WOW. . . .

We are at sea today. . . And will be in Bermuda tomorrow. The weather forecast looks promising. Tomorrow should be Sunny, and 72f. I am not sure what I will be doing yet, but I will decide by morning.

There are lots of activities today, with an Ice Show, and pool games. The Bermuda shopping talk is also today.

I should be able to provide some “At Sea Day” pics later today.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

;) ;)

I'm having a crummy day at work today...but these posts are keeping me going. I leave on the Mariner on December 9th, and the days cannot come fast enough. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to reading when I'm having a bad day:)

Here are a few pics from last night. .

Radio

First Glance

EX1104A.jpg

Long Line getting in to the Terminal. . . .

ex1104b.jpg

We made it to security !

ex1104c.jpg

Diamond Check In

ex1104d.jpg

On Board Explorer

ex1104e.jpg

More pics coming soon !

OMG! You are allowed to take pics inside the terminal. :eek:

In Ft Lauderdale they throw a fit.

I have a few comments about yesterday’s boarding process. The ship arrived in Bayonne 7 hours late, and she also left the pier about 7 hours late. Yes I know there was a lot of waiting. . . But I think that considering all of the trouble that RCI experienced yesterday, that they really went the extra mile to make things more bearable. They provided free shuttles to the movies and the Mall that were nearby. They were providing sandwiches and beverages in the terminal while passengers were waiting to board Explorer. While I was picking up my Cybercabin at Guest relations when there many passengers yelling at the Pursers desk employees. . . WOW. . . .

Radio

;) ;)

That is really sad.

Radio:

I have always followed your LIVE from posts. We love the EOS, in April we will be returning for our third cruise on Explorer. If you have a chance try and track down a bartender named Dino- from the Phillipines- he is quite entertaining.

Have fun in Bermuda- one of our favorite places..

Radio,

Thank you so much for posting both the fabulous pictures and your experiences onboard the beautiful Explorer. The night picture of her and the Royal Promenade brought back such wonderful memories. I can't wait for her sister ship, Mariner, to come over to the west coast in '09. Just a 3+hour drive from Vegas! :D

Please, either Radio or someone else, how do you get connection to your laptop. Do you pay a connection fee for the time on the ship? If so, how much is it?? Is the connection good?? It must be decent since your pictures came through fabulously. I've just heard that cruise ship's connections are very slow... Thanks for the info..

Have a great cruise!!!

I agree that I am not surprised but you would think that people are smart enough to know that no one can control Mother Nature.

Kathy are you ready to go????

Mentally,I am...........physically(packing) is another story..:p I'll do that Thursday,I think.........or maybe Friday..:rolleyes:

Travelling on our first cruise on this ship in March. Finding this thread is getting me in the mood. Ican't wait. Love the pics, the promenade looks amazing. Trying to get my head round just how big the ship must be:eek:

Lawrence, you are in for a REAL treat. The Explorer is a gorgeous ship, as well as it's sister ships, Navigator and Adventure (we have been on those as well). I know you and your wife will walk around in amazement the first few days. I'll tap you on the shoulder every so often to bring you back down to earth during our cruise. :p Anne

Hello everyone !

While I was picking up my Cybercabin at Guest relations when there many passengers yelling at the Pursers desk employees. . . WOW. . . .

This just amazes me, people can be so rude. When I booked my Mariner cruise for 11-16-08 my TA reminded me of hurricane season and just told me to go with an open mind and be flexible on my itinerary. This being my 2nd cruise, I look at it this way - any cruise is better than being at work, lol.

Hope you have a great cruise Radio.

Patty

How Bout Them Bucs?

That is really sad.

I agree...like it is thier fault that TS Noel stirred up the wind and seas! Bet they will all write letters demanding a free cruise! Heck...RC shuttled people to the movies and the mall?? THAT was nice...and they had some food too?? if it was me, i would have stuck around the hotel as long as possible.....sure it's a pain....but heck....it could be worse!

love the pix.....i miss ExOS!

Here are a few pics from today ! The temps are a little cool (60f), but we are having great sunny skies !

Radio

ex1105p2.jpg

Wow, that's the most dressed pool shot I've ever seen! ;) 60f makes for a very short fast dash for the hot tubs! I bet the Solarium pool is more popular today!

Theron

Archived