"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Awesome pictures!!!!

We are on the Explorer in 38 days and I am sending a "picture of the day" to my family and other couple travelling with us to keep us all excited....these are wonderful!!!

I've checked in at Pt. Canaveral, Miami and Baltimore...what kind of a check-in building is that?....it looks like a temporary building...is there heat in there???.....

Cookie - (great name by the way, lol!)

Here is a pic of the terminal just as of last week:

217782704-M.jpg

As you can see we got there very early and were among the first in line with no crowds, around 10:45 a.m. :)

I would have had to butt in and say excuse me....Have you talked to God lately???? Oh He is on vacation? Well no wonder the seas are rough and the ship's captain made a wise decision to keep everyone safe.

LOL, good one, Cris!! :D

Yes . . It is one of my favorite ports ! I love Antigua too :)

This wi-fi is very fast . . . I took back my Cybercabin (It doesnt like my Vista)

Thanks for the nice comments ! ! More Pics tomorrow :rolleyes:

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

Sounds like all is going well now. Enjoy your cruise! Love the photos! I just read that you love Antiqua. I'll be there next week on the Explorer......can you suggest a beach or excursion that we should do? We've never been there and are looking forward to it. We're on the 12 night cruise when you get off.

Patty

Sea-cruise...Those are the most amazing pictures I have seen of a cruise ship before. I am sure you are a professional photographer!! Oh my, I am so excited after seeing those!!

:)

Christie, Thanks, I feel better now....I have seen a couple of different pictures of the terminal and was starting to worry!!!!!

Hello everyone. . . The time is 7AM, and we are getting very close to Bermuda (The Navigation Channel shows 5km) Oh yeah . . I can see land ! :)

They will not be having “Destination Dockyard”, like they have had in the past on Tuesday nights. That event is over for the season. It appears that Explorer will offer entertainment in the Palace Theatre for this evening.

The day appears to be setting up to be wonderful. . . There are a few clouds, but the skies are sunny, and it is easy to tell that the temps are getting warmer.

I will post some pics of our arrival before I get off of the ship!

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Loving this thread!! Bermuda is our favorite destination and nothing like going on deck, feeling the change in temperature and knowing you are going to spend time in one of the most beautiful places on earth!

We have just been back for a little over three weeks and have already booked for next year to help ease the pain! lol

Have a wonderful, wonderful time and I will look forward to your continuing posts as you take us all along with you.

Sea-cruise...Those are the most amazing pictures I have seen of a cruise ship before. I am sure you are a professional photographer!! Oh my, I am so excited after seeing those!!

Julie, They're not my pictures....They belong to Radio. Thanks for the compliment but I don't deserve it. :)

This wi-fi is very fast . . . I took back my Cybercabin (It doesnt like my Vista)

Thanks for the nice comments ! ! More Pics tomorrow :rolleyes:

Radio

;) ;)

Oh no!! :eek:

I used Cyber Cabin with my DELL/Vista in July....no issues. Hope to use it in December.

Pics are Great Radio! thx! Bermuda is my all time favorite island, you're arriving as I type! Since someone mentioned Antigua, we would also be interested in a great beach to go to, we will be there end of Dec on our 12 night. If you happened to go to or see Snorkel Park, we missed it due to lack of time (july), Im wondering if it is wheelchair accessible (taking Dad in June 08) and is there 'some' shaded areas?

(ok, what do you think the issue was with Vista?? Im confused)

;) ;)

Given VISTA, I am not surprised you had some issues.

How does the Wireless work? Do they use passphrases? What keeps anyone with wireless from hooking up?

Thanks for the reports and pics...

Any chance of a pic of the sauna area... I was in the one on Adventure, but just can't picture it... I'd assume they are the same??

You guys were doing 24kts into a 13 kt head wind last night!!

Hello everyone. I t is now 10:10Am, and the Captain just cleared the ship for beautiful Bermuda. The weather seems perfect.

I am thinking of going into Hamilton. . . I may rent a scooter, if I am allowed to return it at the Dockyard.

We will see how things go. . . I may go over to the Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo, and maybe to Bermuda National Park.

Thanks for tuning in. . .Here are a few pics from our arrival.

Radio

A beautiful morning at sea !

BDA3.jpg

First sight of Bermuda

BDA4.jpg

BDA5.jpg

Here comes the Pilot

BDA6.jpg

We are almost there !

1121.jpg

Here are a few more. . . I will post many more pics this afternoon.

I will make use of the"Swiss Connection" Internet Cafe' in Clocktower Mall here. Very fast !

Radio

The New Megaship Pier is coming along well !

018.jpg

We made it ! Welcome to Bermuda :)

013.jpg

Hello everyone. I t is now 10:10Am, and the Captain just cleared the ship for beautiful Bermuda. The weather seems perfect.

I am thinking of going into Hamilton. . . I may rent a scooter, if I am allowed to return it at the Dockyard.

We will see how things go. . . I may go over to the Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo, and maybe to Bermuda National Park.

Thanks for tuning in. . .Here are a few pics from our arrival.

Radio

Have you ever been to the Aquarium or Zoo before? If so, what did you think? My son is so into this, although when you live in such close proximity to The Bronx Zoo and the Coney Island Aquarium most others fall short:rolleyes: .

Have a wonderful day in beautiful Bermuda:p

Judy

Hi there - hope you're having a wonderful time in Bermuda - it is definitely my favorite island.

We will be sailing on the Explorer next November; though I wanted to go back to Bermuda, we opted for a 12-day cruise to the S. Caribbean and plan to do Bermuda again in 2009. I happened on this thread and just love all your pictures of Bermuda and of the Explorer.

I have just one question that maybe somebody can help me with. We are booked on the 2nd deck close to the ice rink -- does anyone know if the cabins are colder there, or if there's any more noise at night associated with maintaining the rink? We still have time to change our cabin, so just thought I'd check. Thanks for any help.

This will be my first time on Explorer and she looks to be a fantastic ship. Can't wait to actually see for myself. In the meantime, I will thoroughly enjoy your shots of Bermuda.

Marge

Hi Theron - I was just looking at your pictures from the Grandeur in Oct. 2006 I will never forget the ride down the coast - they were some big waves - and the list Wow - what a ride.

Hope everything is well with you

Peggy

Hi Theron - I was just looking at your pictures from the Grandeur in Oct. 2006 I will never forget the ride down the coast - they were some big waves - and the list Wow - what a ride.

Hope everything is well with you

Peggy

Hi there! Yes, quite a memory! I am interested to hear how this current Grandeur cruise made out. They left on Friday to head right into Noel! I happened to be in Baltimore Friday afternoon, so I stopped and took some pictures of her going under the Key Bridge! It's hard to watch her sail by without me aboard!

Theron

Thanks for the coverage. I just read all of your posts. Explorer was my favorite cruise when she sailed out of Miami in 2004. I was going to try the 5night Bermuda, but for the money, it was not value. I chose Liberty but one day hope to get back on the Explorer.

Hello everyone ! Today was the PERFECT weather day ! It was not too hot or not too cold. . . beautiful scenery and very sunny !

I think that watersports might be a little chilly, but I had a great day !

I rented a scooter ayt the Dockyard, and then went to Hamilton, after a short drive around the streets of Hamilton, I went over to Spanish Point, and the Flatts. . .where I arrived at the Bermuda National Aquarium/Zoo.

It was delightful over there. . .I highly recommend it. It takes about 2hours to enjoy the exhibits there. (This would be a great stop for kids as well) There is a Science Center, lots of animals, and dozens of exhibits.

I drove back to Hamilton, and shopped in a few stores, and took some pics. Today was not an adventurous excursion day. . .but it was very relaxing, and enjoyable.

I was able to get the 4PM Ferry back to the Dockyard (the 330 Ferry would not allow scooter transport)

I made it back to the ship, and grabbed a quick bite before going over to the Clocktower Mall where I am now (Swiss Connection Internet Cafe')

Here are a few pics from today. . .

Radio

Welcome to Bermuda

11061.jpg

Explorer while taking the SeaExpress ferry to Hamilton

110611.jpg

Lovely

11063.jpg

One of the Many parks (Bermuda National Park)

11064.jpg

Flatts

11065.jpg

Here are a few more pics. . . . Lots more tomorrow !

I really need to spend a few days more in Bermuda !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Caribbean Flamingos at the Zoo

11066.jpg

More Flatts. . .I love this area

11067.jpg

Zoo scenery next to the coast

11069.jpg

Sea Express Ferry Terminal in Hamilton

11068.jpg

The Beautiful Explorer of the Seas

11062.jpg

Cookie - (great name by the way, lol!)

Here is a pic of the terminal just as of last week:

As you can see we got there very early and were among the first in line with no crowds, around 10:45 a.m. :)

LOL, good one, Cris!!

You are right Christie. . .I have sailed from Cape Liberty many times, and it was always very fast check in with no wait !

I always arrived at 10:30-11:00 and it went very very nice !

Radio

;) ;)

Archived