Iron and ironing board

buzzer55

We're booked into a veranda suite for Nov.13 and my DW just asked if I knew if the suite's had irons and ironing boards... and I said " :confused: " I'm sure it's posted somewhere... but alas I've looked until my eyes hurt!

Can anyone help me/us?

I see in your signature that you are booked on Volendam. She is an R class ship and has self-serve laundry rooms on all passenger decks except the suite (Navigation) deck. There are irons and ironing boards available for use in the laundry rooms. Irons are not allowed in passenger cabins due to the fire hazard involved.

GN

Apparently smoking in bed is okay and using curling irons is okay but ironing isn't. Hmmmmmmmmm..........wonder if that's because ironing clothes is a revenue earner and smoking isn't???????

yeah it is a big joke. We take a little travel iron for some touch ups... We are just real careful...

I'd rather have a wrinkle here and there than take an iron when it's not allowed. All it takes is one person to forget to turn that iron off to start a fire.

As far as smoking, I wish they would ban it in the cabins and only allow it in certain areas of the ship so that too can be controlled. Many people fall asleep while smoking. Perhaps in the near future, they will ban smoking in the cabins.

yeah it is a big joke. We take a little travel iron for some touch ups... We are just real careful...

So what you're saying is that since smoking can be a fire hazard, and it's allowed, it's all right for you to add to the danger by using an iron when that is not allowed? :confused:

So, you're saying that it's all right to increase the danger? :confused:

So what you're saying is that since smoking can be a fire hazard, and it's allowed, it's all right for you to add to the danger by using an iron when that is not allowed? :confused:

So, you're saying that it's all right to increase the danger? :confused:

I do so like candle light, I guess it would be OK for me to pack a cathedral candle or two. Is the a Pier 1 near the port? Don't want to carry them heavy candles in my luggage when flying in. And maybe a sterno or two to keep the coffee from room service warm. :D

I do so like candle light, I guess it would be OK for me to pack a cathedral candle or two. Is the a Pier 1 near the port? Don't want to carry them heavy candles in my luggage when flying in. And maybe a sterno or two to keep the coffee from room service warm. :D

I wouldn't worry about candles. What is more fun is building a little fire pit on your verandah and having a bon fire. You can even get marshmallows from room service! :D

Ahoy!

If not included in your category amenities just ask your room steward to have items 'touched up' when needed.

Remember your ON VACATION! Stateroom Irons not approved nor required on board.

Have a 'safe' and 'non-pressing' cruise!

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

I will be on the Zuiderdam in just a few weeks. I was wondering if the unlimited laundry price includes pressing/ironing everything? And do you know how much this will cost for someone not staying in a suite?

Thanks in advance!

Archived