Voyager 12/07 Dining Recs

scm

All -- first cruise on Voyager, but PG veterans so we are looking forward to some excellent dining. Was wondering what you Voyager vets would recommend as far as nights to reserve (Signatures & Latitudes) when we get to 28 days and what nights we should eat in Compass Rose due to special menus. The ships schedule is:

12/7 Depart FLL -- Country Club Casual

12/8 At Sea -- Informal

12/9 Grand Turk -- CC Casual

12/10 San Juan -- CC Casual

12/11 St. Thomas -- CC Casual

12/12 At Sea -- Informal

12/13 Private Island -- CC Casual

12/14 Disembark

Am I right to expect special menus in C Rose on the 8th and 12th? So S or L on the other nights?

And unrelated question -- where do they play dance music in the evenings, and at what times? Any special, magical place on the ship we shouldn't miss?

The Captains welcome aboard party, (formal), is usually the 2nd night. Compass Rose has Lobster that night if important to you so a lot of people wait to go to Signatures or Latitudes another night.

Go to Signatures on a night that is either formal or informal.

I say that because gentlemen are required to wear a coat, (no tie), so you might was well pick one of those nights.

Latitudes is fun to go to anytime.

On the Voyager my favorite restaurant is Compass Rose, 2nd favorite is LaVeranda. I usually go to Signatures as well, usually on an informal night since that is the standard dress everynight there. I personally don't care for Lattitudes cuisine but I know some say it is their favorite. Signatures is just a bit too formal for me but it's a nice change of pace on longer cruises. If there is anything you'd like to special order in Compass Rose, this is possible. Just order it from the maitre d' the night before. If you're too tired or not feeling well there is 24 hour room service and of course you can always have wine or liquor with any of your meals or anywhere, anytime.

:) I noticed that you do not have "formal" nights -- so, the two "informal nights" -- the 8th and 12th will be special in Compass Rose. Being a lobster fan, I order double portions whenever the are offered.

We love the Voyager and their dining choices. While everyone has differing opinions, Latitudes was our favorite. If you like foods from other cultures, particularly Asian, you'll enjoy Latitudes. While Signatures would be great on any evening, our choice would not be go there on the 8th or 12th. Compass Rose has very good food -- it's just a tad better on these special nights so why not enjoy it.

On our last cruise, we booked Latitudes on our first night and Signatures mid-cruise. What ever you decide, have a wonderful cruise.

We're just off Voyager at Monaco yesterday. You'll enjoy all their dining options, but we really enjoyed Signatures last Thursday. It was an informal night anyway, but we had made our reservation before sailing and had a lovely, unhurried, excellent dining experience.

Compass Rose, as usual, was at its usual high standard every night. The wines were above average, the menu selections every night were varied and prepared with a lot of attention to detail. You may order a la carte or the chef's tasting menu any time. Remember to look at the back of the menu for vegetarian choices, low salt/fat suggestions, etc. You may always order anything printed on the menu whether you are dining a la carte or tasting menu. Always ask for what you want; the staff will accommodate if at all possible. We didn't notice anything different or particularly special in the informal vs. cc casual menus at CR.

We ate at pool grill or La Veranda buffet for breakfast and lunch the rest of the time.

By the way, Informal is stated to be jacket/tie optional and dress/skirt/nice outfit kind of evening. We saw everything from sequin pantsuits, evening gowns, cocktail dresses and nice "what you'd wear to church or a wedding" for the ladies to turtleneck/jacket, tie/jacket, polo shirt/jacket, full tux, and "white sport coat/pink carnation" ensembles for the guys. Some passengers had been onboard for more than our 1 week and some were continuing on to the crossing. Many of these cruisers bring formal wear to have on hand if necessary and will wear it just for fun. The main point is that if you fit into the stated recommended dress code, you're okay.

Regent is a classy line. They want day time to be comfortable for passengers -- shore excursions, pool deck sun wear, exercise gear -- where and when appropriate. However, they do like to draw the line after 6:00 p.m. to jeans (yes, even the very expensive ones), tennis shoes, shorts, etc. It's a luxury ship after all and they prefer that their clientel enjoy the perks of this kind of travel.

Dance music was usually in the Voyager Lounge with a duo prior to dinner, then DJ after dinner. Observation Lounge featured piano or guitar instrumentals for before and after dinner dancing.

We were on during Halloween....the ship's main production show couldn't perform due to rough seas that night....we had Scareoke instead with cast/crew in goulish outfits. The party started in the atrium and gravitated to the Voyager lounge later. Lots of geezers and codgers managed to stay up waaaaaay past bed time into the next day. Magical is what you make of it. :D

Enjoy and Bon Voyage

The captain's welcome will be that sea day that is informal. They have a nice dinner at Compass Rose. On the other hand, you will already be dressed for Signature's.

I just loved L'Attitudes, my favorite meal of the week by far. Not everyone liked the family style dining, but I loved the change of pace and am glad I did it mid-way thru the cruise. The quality was exceptional, as was the service.

I enjoyed doing La Veranda on the last night. It was also a nice change of pace, and I had packing that night and still wanted to do the show. It generally takes less time to dine there. Food choices were good here.

Unlike others, I was not too fond of Signatures, but the presentation was incredible, and the quality was nice. I just don't salt my food.

I recommend trying it all if you can, but don't make yourself insane. The food is very good. Watch for what is going on at lunch, too, as they do that up nicely.

I just got back 10 hours ago and had a really nice time. I tried everything but breakfast at Compass Rose, which I know was an unfortunate thing I missed, but I had no sea days and lots of excursions, and the other mornings, I relaxed in my suite.

I'll be booking my dining in a couple of weeks for my 7-day western Caribbean. We like La Verandah as a nice change from Compass Rose when we're feeling casual, nice that you don't have to reserve ahead of time there. We will probably do Signatures on the second informal night (David hates to wear a jacket any more than necessary)--this way we will do Compass Rose on the welcome night.

Not crazy about Latitudes. It was pleasant, but the food was nothing special or exotic, at least not if you live somewhere with lots of asian cuisine on offer, so we may skip that. Loved Signatures last time.

Archived