What to do with wet bathing suit?

wilson9112

I bring 2 suits with me. I hate putting on a wet suit:cool: There is not enough room to hang up all our suits to dry. If you put them on the balcony they can fly away. I just went out a bought magnet clip but I tested them and they are not strong enough. Any ideas:confused:

• Administrators
I bring 2 suits with me. I hate putting on a wet suit:cool: There is not enough room to hang up all our suits to dry. If you put them on the balcony they can fly away. I just went out a bought magnet clip but I tested them and they are not strong enough. Any ideas:confused:

Either the hair dryer, or since you'll have a balcony, bring along a couple of giant black paper clamps (office type). They will hold your suit to the balcony chair, and will also work for towels on the pool deck chairs. Standard gear in our cruise kit.

Either the hair dryer, or since you'll have a balcony, bring along a couple of giant black paper clamps (office type). They will hold your suit to the balcony chair, and will also work for towels on the pool deck chairs. Standard gear in our cruise kit.

I like that! I will have to swipe some from work tommorrow:D

You wear the suit in the sun until it's almost dry! Unless you've been in sand, you really don't need to rinse it every time! Get in the pool, then use the pool shower to "rinse" you and the suit, then sit down and let it dry! You won't have a damp suit the next time you wear it!

I Bring 4 bathing suits with me so I dont have to worry abou it!

I'm with you, I bring a minimum of 4. We're in bathing suits most of the day time and I don't want to wear the same 2 all week. Among the ones I do bring, one is sacrificial for the hot tubs, I've had suits wiped out by them. I don't go into the pools, so I don't know if they are damaged there.

I'm a very light packer, but since bathing suits take up almost no space, I don't try to cut back there.

I'm with you, I bring a minimum of 4. We're in bathing suits most of the day time and I don't want to wear the same 2 all week. Among the ones I do bring, one is sacrificial for the hot tubs, I've had suits wiped out by them. I don't go into the pools, so I don't know if they are damaged there.

I'm a very light packer, but since bathing suits take up almost no space, I don't try to cut back there.

Ditto!:) Ship pools usually have salt water so if you swim there you will probably want to rinse your suit out. I don't use the pool and I also have a sacrificial suit for hot tubs!:D

I also bring a few of the rubber suction cups with hooks. They stick great to the metal surfaces on the balcony. Also good in the shower, or on the mirror in the room to hang a dress shirt or dress while getting ready for formal night. I get them at the dollar store (a 4 pack for $1).

Ditto!:) Ship pools usually have salt water so if you swim there you will probably want to rinse your suit out. I don't use the pool and I also have a sacrificial suit for hot tubs!:D

So in other words, your "dress" swimming suit never sees water ;) . Sounds like my wife when she pack......

• 2 weeks later...

First, I always bring at least 2 bathing suits; usually more, because I HATE HATE HATE putting on a cold, damp suit. YUCK!!:mad:

I hang my wet suit, after rinsing it, on a chair out on a balcony. Never had any trouble with suits blowing away and many times we've had forward cabins where the wind is high. Only problem is if it's raining.

In that case, I use the line in the bathroom. It takes longer to dry than on the balcony, but it eventually does the job. In the meantime, I'm wearing one of those extra suits I brought. :p

I also bring a few of the rubber suction cups with hooks. They stick great to the metal surfaces on the balcony. Also good in the shower, or on the mirror in the room to hang a dress shirt or dress while getting ready for formal night. I get them at the dollar store (a 4 pack for $1).

Great idea! :D I'm going to see if I can find some tomorrow.

Huh huh huh ....

Me? Us? We all just bring 3 swimsuits/trunks each and whenever we return to cabin after pool we just peel the suit/trunk off, go into shower, rinse the suit/trunk. After shower simply wring excess water out and hang it wherever in the bathroom - over the shower door, shower head, any hook, retractable line, or anywhere except floor. By next morning they're dry and ready to wear again.

The humidity is lower inside the cabin than out on the balcony -- wet clothes dry faster indoors than outside on balcony. Don't forget the seawater air outside!! We live in tropics and we do not like to hang anything outside to dry in high humidity.

Using plastic/rubber suction cups with hooks is the best idea, imo.

Archived