I have a question because of RCL VS. CCL

sandestination

All that coverage and NOTHING about cabin sizes:D So if I can get a 4th of response I'll be happy. How do the cabin size's vary on different lines. Looking at pictures the other cruise lines cabins look so much smaller compared to Conquest which is the oly one I have been on. We are going on the Glory but originally we were taking NCL looking at their pictures a lot looks smaller we only changed because found something better. I don't know about ship size just cabins. We want to try different ships and thinking possibly doing inside cabin so we can go more often. If you have been on other lines and care to give feed back please do... Also if the others have ice skating, rock climbing, min golf and so on do you have to wait in line forever. We booked our first dec cruise figuring there won't be as many kids since early dec.

Thanks, Lynda OH AND WHAT IS A BUDDY LIST

My experience has been that the inside cabins on RCCL are smaller than the Conquest Carnival ships, but the Balcony cabins are bigger than the Carnival balcony cabins. Also, the lines have never been long to go ice skating or rock climbing and I never have waited in line for mini golf on any RCCL ship.

Hope that helps a little. I'm sure you will get others opinions soon.

KT

Well, now, I don't think they're all the exact same size on every ship within a particular line.

There are different classes of ships within cruise lines.

Most of the websites show pics of the cabins, with descriptions, which tell you the square footage.

I guess I'm not sure what the question is or why there's quite so much "wanting to compare cruise lines" threads.

I spent HOURS researching various cruises before I booked on the Miracle. HOURS! And that was before I discovered Cruise Critic. I'm still researching the ports and the excursions.

Get out there are find stuff out! :D

You can ask a question here and get 100 different answers, so how much does that really help unless the question is very specific?

It will just turn into another Us vs Them thread.

Like the others said it all depends on the ships. It used to be Carnival had the largest square footage of cabin space. But that has changed The newer bigger ships on RCCL cabins are comparable even bigger. Also while Carnival balcony cabins are bigger then Princess..... Princess balconys are bigger. So they will vary.

Well, now, I don't think they're all the exact same size on every ship within a particular line.

There are different classes of ships within cruise lines.

Most of the websites show pics of the cabins, with descriptions, which tell you the square footage.

I guess I'm not sure what the question is or why there's quite so much "wanting to compare cruise lines" threads.

I spent HOURS researching various cruises before I booked on the Miracle. HOURS! And that was before I discovered Cruise Critic. I'm still researching the ports and the excursions.

Get out there are find stuff out! :D

You can ask a question here and get 100 different answers, so how much does that really help unless the question is very specific?

It will just turn into another Us vs Them thread.

The question I was referring to was another thread that titled How will CCL compare to RCCL. They were talking about competing ships and Quest etc new ships coming out. Anyway there was so much feedback and nothing about room size so I just figured I'd ask the question about cabin sizes on all cruise lines. Have never done an inside don't know that I could and I have never stayed on a deck below an upperdeck. I was looking at pictures of other ships some said the rooms were 155 sq feet and Glory O.V. is 220 so I just wondered if anyone ever felt closed in.

The question I was referring to was another thread that titled How will CCL compare to RCCL. They were talking about competing ships and Quest etc new ships coming out. Anyway there was so much feedback and nothing about room size so I just figured I'd ask the question about cabin sizes on all cruise lines. Have never done an inside don't know that I could and I have never stayed on a deck below an upperdeck. I was looking at pictures of other ships some said the rooms were 155 sq feet and Glory O.V. is 220 so I just wondered if anyone ever felt closed in.

The Majesty of the Sea and the Sovereign of the Sea (sister ships) for RCI, the insides are 119 s.f. and the O.Vs are 122 s.f.

I had thought the cabins on the Rhapsody were small, but there were lots of cubby holes to put things away and a teensy litle couch to sit on (or put stuff on), but I thought the cabins on the SOV were just too small, I must be spoiled. Heck the Carnival Ecstasy the insides are 185 s.f. and we had 145 s.f. on the Princess Grand and 192 s.f obstructed on the Caribbean Princess. We did the SOV about a month ago, and its the smallest cabin(s) we ever stayed in. We did B2B so we had one of each inside and OV.

Princess cabins are smaller than Carnival, but I still like Princess a lot.

IMO when you bring up cabin sizes, RCI folks will right away tell you how big RCI's newer ships are and dont mention how darn small the cabins are on their older ships.

Here is what a 122 s.f. OV looks like, this is pretty much the whole cabin, no sofa and just the one chair by the tiny desk and a 2 drawer thing to put stuff in. The OV was ok, but the inside cabin didnt even have the little drawer thingee, just the desk to put things in, no other storage just 4 desk drawers...now thats impossible to me.

btw if you notice the upper bunks in the ceiling...this cabin is a QUAD!!!

Picture053.jpg

So if I can get a 4th of response I'll be happy. How do the cabin size's vary on different lines. Looking at pictures the other cruise lines cabins look so much smaller compared to Conquest which is the oly one I have been on. We are going on the Glory
Damn smart. This is the smallest cabin you can get on the Glory: Stateroom.jpg

Carnival offers the largest cabins for the $. All the standard cabins were 185 sq ft. I just doubled checked the Glory and it shows the OV at 185 sq ft. The OV room I have booked on the Monarch is 122 sq st.

I dont know the Glory, but the standard OVs on Conquest are 220 s.f. and some are even larger, back of Main deck and 6Es for instance...220 s.f. are the smallest on Conquest for OVs.

I thought the Glory was a Conquest type ship??? 185 s.f. is the size of the insides.

The Majesty of the Sea and the Sovereign of the Sea (sister ships) for RCI, the insides are 119 s.f. and the O.Vs are 122 s.f.

I had thought the cabins on the Rhapsody were small, but there were lots of cubby holes to put things away and a teensy litle couch to sit on (or put stuff on), but I thought the cabins on the SOV were just too small, I must be spoiled. Heck the Carnival Ecstasy the insides are 185 s.f. and we had 145 s.f. on the Princess Grand and 192 s.f obstructed on the Caribbean Princess. We did the SOV about a month ago, and its the smallest cabin(s) we ever stayed in. We did B2B so we had one of each inside and OV.

Princess cabins are smaller than Carnival, but I still like Princess a lot.

IMO when you bring up cabin sizes, RCI folks will right away tell you how big RCI's newer ships are and dont mention how darn small the cabins are on their older ships.

Here is what a 122 s.f. OV looks like, this is pretty much the whole cabin, no sofa and just the one chair by the tiny desk and a 2 drawer thing to put stuff in. The OV was ok, but the inside cabin didnt even have the little drawer thingee, just the desk to put things in, no other storage just 4 desk drawers...now thats impossible to me.

btw if you notice the upper bunks in the ceiling...this cabin is a QUAD!!!

Picture053.jpg

OMG!!!~MY MASTER BATH IS BIGGER THEN THAT. U deserve an award. I would have cried my eyes out if I'd paid money and had to stay in that more then 1 night. I know what not to go on.. THANK YOU. We use to sail commadore when it was in business and our cabin was small but we had a bathtub. Where did you hang your clothes???

Thanks,

Lynda

Damn smart. This is the smallest cabin you can get on the Glory: Stateroom.jpg

It's pretty like the lights around the ceiling but where is the bed?? was it a single? Oh what deck was that. Post before you said Glory O.V. was 185sq ft. But our TA and carnival said 220. I sked because deck plan looked really small and their was handicapped rooms on each side of ours well the stairs is right next to ours. We will be on the lido deck smack dab in front. Great picture Good Camera.

thanks,

Lynda

I dont know the Glory, but the standard OVs on Conquest are 220 s.f. and some are even larger, back of Main deck and 6Es for instance...220 s.f. are the smallest on Conquest for OVs.

I thought the Glory was a Conquest type ship??? 185 s.f. is the size of the insides.

Me too went on conquest and it was bigger but I was upgraded to a wrap around balcony on upper think it's a 9E not sure anyway the Ov's I saw were big. The inside cabins looked REALLY small. My cousin likes inside says she isn't in her room long enough but i want to see out, moon stars or see if it's raining before I get dressed.. The picture ov on SOV u had earlier looked like the old saying "you can- - shower and shave all at once.

We had an OV on the Fascination for the two of us, plenty of room. Then the four of us went in the Sovereign (RC) and we had a SOV (superior ocean view) and we didn't feel cramped. Two of us traveling were kids so that may have helped and also we didn't stay in the cabin much but still, it was fine by us. I am not sure how the regular OV are though on the Sovereign.

Glory OV [cat.6] 220 sf [pretty much the norm on ALL Carnival ships]

Glory BL [cat.8] 185 sf +balcony= 220sf total

Voyager BL [cat E] 173sf+bal 47sf=220 sf total

Voyager BL [cat. D] 202sf+bal 50sf=252sf total

Voyager larger OV [cat,F] 211sf

Voyager OV [cat.H] 180 sf

Not a lot of difference on either line

Source: Cruisedeckplans.com

Dan

Yes, it is and the deck plans show the Conquest class OV's are 185 s.f.

8050001000001259_MINI.jpgOceanview Stateroom

8150001000002300_SWATCHICON.gif 6B

Larger Photo

This stateroom features two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed, porthole or picture window, sitting area with sofa, TV with remote control, complimentary room service, and bathroom with shower. Stateroom category 5A has two portholes. Stateroom category 6E has floor-to-ceiling picture windows. (185 sq. ft.)

This is from a different site Dan. Going to take my tape with me on the Liberty:)

Yes, it is and the deck plans show the Conquest class OV's are 185 s.f.

8050001000001259_MINI.jpgOceanview Stateroom

8150001000002300_SWATCHICON.gif 6B

Larger Photo

This stateroom features two twin beds that convert to a king-size bed, porthole or picture window, sitting area with sofa, TV with remote control, complimentary room service, and bathroom with shower. Stateroom category 5A has two portholes. Stateroom category 6E has floor-to-ceiling picture windows. (185 sq. ft.)

This is from a different site Dan. Going to take my tape with me on the Liberty:)

This is from another site and it confirms that the Glory has the same size OVs as other Conquest ships. I cant imagine the Glory having smaller cabins than other ships in the same category? Wouldnt make sense to me. Fantasy class ships have 185 s.f. and maybe the site you are looking at is confused. If its the one I think they had another error I caught.

OCEAN VIEW STATEROOM

Category 5A, 6A-6E ocean view stateroom (also called outside cabin) are 220 sq. ft. in size, featuring two lower beds that convert to a king bed, closet, bathrobes, and private bathroom (with shower, sink & toilet).

Categories 6A, 6B, 6E have a picture window as shown, category 5A cabins (not shown) only have twin portholes

Get a balcony cabin and you won't have to worry about the square foot of the cabin lol! Really the difference is not that big of deal. Most people on here say they won't get a balcony because they never spend time in their cabins anyways:rolleyes:

The picture of SOV is a little deceiving. Yes they are smaller then Carnivals fantasy class cabins. But the picture does not show the whole cabin. We had a dressing table and a small chair. Never had a problem with storage either.

You have to watch the descriptions, too. Some sites include the balcony in the total square footage; some indicate cabin + balcony.

My OV on Empress was miniscule. Very tiny.

Fantasy class inside & OV were the 185 sq ft. I even sailed with 2 18-year old young ladies and there was room for 3 of us.

My upcoming Miracle is also 185 sq ft but we have a 60 sq ft balcony.

It isn't easy to compare all ships across all cruise lines. People just need to do their research.

Get a balcony cabin and you won't have to worry about the square foot of the cabin lol! Really the difference is not that big of deal. Most people on here say they won't get a balcony because they never spend time in their cabins anyways:rolleyes:

The picture of SOV is a little deceiving. Yes they are smaller then Carnivals fantasy class cabins. But the picture does not show the whole cabin. We had a dressing table and a small chair. Never had a problem with storage either.

I did say there was a desk with a desk chair, if that is what you mean by a dressing table and chair. It was tiny.

We thought the inside cabin had no storage, much worse than the OV on the SOV. The inside had no shelves in the closet and half the hangers were broken and so half the closet couldnt be used. We could have complained I guess, but let it go. For some reason they gave us another quad on the inside, one of the bunks was broken and came down one night in the rough seas and could have hurt someone. Other than the desk drawers there was NO other storage in the inside cabin on the SOV. I just was on it the end of September, in both the OV and the inside. I dont think 4 desk drawers and no shelves in the closet and broken hangers is sufficient storage....we lived out of our suitcase, no where else to put clothes. ... and we are light packers.

You can say the pic is deceptive if you feel that way, I didnt think it was decptive as I did admit there was also a tiny desk and chair. In fact I feel so strongly I said I would never do such a tiny cabin again more than likely. I dont need a palace, but that inside was too small for me. Just my opinion. I know plenty say its fine with them. We disliked that cabin. Having the broken bunk didnt help and broken hangers that would not hold any clothes. Just overall poor condition in that cabin.

Here is a another pic of SOV

4_1451_PORTHOLE_CP1_s.JPG

It states it is 122 sq.ft. This is the cabin we had.

Yes, they do the L shaped on most of the OVs which means you cant stand in front of the window and look out. I was expecting the L shape, forgot the deck plans even showed a quad, so that is probably why our beds were along both walls. We had to pull them out from the walls to sleep because of the balastrade or whatever they call that thing that sticks out from the walls a good foot that is padded. I kept hitting it when I tried to turn over at night, so we pulled the beds out which means there was almost no room to walk between the beds, but at least we could stand by our window, unlike when the beds are in this L shape.

Archived