Where do I buy TSA locks?

wilson9112

This poster is most likely a troll. If you will note, her questions are pretty lame. Especially if she has been a handful of cruises.

Why are you RUDE? I'm asking a simple question. If you don't like it, don't respond! Yes, I have been on many cruises but never used a lock. Do you have a problem????????????

This poster is most likely a troll. If you will note, her questions are pretty lame. Especially if she has been a handful of cruises.

Ok, just for argument sake, let's say this is a fake question. It is still a good valid question many folks may have and worth an answer without judgement.

Ok, just for argument sake, let's say this is a fake question. It is still a good valid question many folks may have and worth an answer without judgement.

Thanks for the advise. I didnt know where to go. What is the purpose of a fake question anyway? Doesn't make sense that he would say that. He or she has a sarcastic answer many times on these threads. This is supposed to be a Q&A thread! :D :D

Why are you RUDE? I'm asking a simple question. If you don't like it, don't respond! Yes, I have been on many cruises but never used a lock. Do you have a problem????????????

Blindrid's comment was really uncalled for. If they don't like the question, they should just go on to another thread instead of posting insults. Glad you did get some good answers after that.

Your right, I'm done responding. But to those that check her other threads they are always questions that anyone that has been one handful of cruises would know or at least have the ability to check pp's regarding the subject.

Blindrid's comment was really uncalled for. If they don't like the question, they should just go on to another thread instead of posting insults. Glad you did get some good answers after that.

Thanks, I did get some good answers. I still dont know why Blindrid has a negative comment again? This is supposed to be a friendly site. Why am I being judged as to what questions are good enough or not? Anyway, Im glad there are people like you on this site. :D

Don't waste your money. TSA will cut them off IF: the supervisor is on a break (the one with the key), the supervisor calls in sick, the employees are toooo lazy to go get the supervisor (most likely scenario). I laugh every time I walk into Phoenix Sky Harbor or JFK. Big red BOLT CUTTERS are sitting right next/on top of the "drop your baggage" machine. And yes, they get used.

Go to Home Depot, Lowe's, the Dollar Store, etc. etc. etc and buy some brightly colored zip ties. Cheap and makes your luggage stand out.

I fly over 100,000 miles per year on business (in fact, I am writing this from the LAN lounge in Lima). I bought those stupid TSA locks when they first came out. They were cut off (2 sets) within 3 months. Went to the zip ties. I can tell IMMEDIATELY if TSA (or someone) has been in my suitcase-I am partial to florescent green, orange and bright pink. TSA replaces the locks/zip ties with creme/gray zip ties (and usually a nice little note). If I see NO zip ties, I won't even pick up my luggage off the carousel. I go first to the airline baggage office, so an agent can witness me opening the suitcase.

Makes it really easy to spot your luggage-bright pink sticks out. Don't forget to put a pair of nail clippers in your carryon or you will be running around looking for a pair of scissors (been there, done that).

Don't waste your money. TSA will cut them off IF: the supervisor is on a break (the one with the key), the supervisor calls in sick, the employees are toooo lazy to go get the supervisor (most likely scenario). I laugh every time I walk into Phoenix Sky Harbor or JFK. Big red BOLT CUTTERS are sitting right next/on top of the "drop your baggage" machine. And yes, they get used.

Go to Home Depot, Lowe's, the Dollar Store, etc. etc. etc and buy some brightly colored zip ties. Cheap and makes your luggage stand out.

I fly over 100,000 miles per year on business (in fact, I am writing this from the LAN lounge in Lima). I bought those stupid TSA locks when they first came out. They were cut off (2 sets) within 3 months. Went to the zip ties. I can tell IMMEDIATELY if TSA (or someone) has been in my suitcase-I am partial to florescent green, orange and bright pink. TSA replaces the locks/zip ties with creme/gray zip ties (and usually a nice little note). If I see NO zip ties, I won't even pick up my luggage off the carousel. I go first to the airline baggage office, so an agent can witness me opening the suitcase.

Makes it really easy to spot your luggage-bright pink sticks out. Don't forget to put a pair of nail clippers in your carryon or you will be running around looking for a pair of scissors (been there, done that).

Nice info! Thanks for your response. Ok, now I changed my mind and I will take your advise. Thanks for taking the time out. Have a good trip!:D

Thanks, I did get some good answers. I still dont know why Blindrid has a negative comment again? This is supposed to be a friendly site. Why am I being judged as to what questions are good enough or not? Anyway, Im glad there are people like you on this site. :D

Wilson: You're right and I owe you an apology as well as the other posters. I'll try not to post anything when I'm grumpy in the future. Thanks for putting me in my place......Randy

Wilson: You're right and I owe you an apology as well as the other posters. I'll try not to post anything when I'm grumpy in the future. Thanks for putting me in my place......Randy

We all have our moments. Thanks for the apology. Maybe book a cruise and you will be happy, there is room on my sailing:D Have a great day!:)

I have been using the TSA locks since they first came out years ago and have never had a problem with them or had them cut off. I bought mine online at Magellan's. I do not want my bags unlocked...

I use zip ties for flying, but just bought some TSA locks. I am going to use the locks just before I check in my luggage at the pier with the porter and when I put out my luggage into the hall the night before we leave. I will then take the locks off before checking them in for our flight and just use the zip ties.

Archived