One week later and I still have a craving for...

Lisa63

... the wonderful oatmeal served at breakfast. I had a small bowl every day, whether it was in the Lido or dining room (or both!).

Are there any foods you still miss after returning home from a cruise? Anything from the exotic to the ordinary...

Yes, I really miss on the Rotterdam

The Deli Counter, really great choices of sandwiches especially the Sandwiche of the Day.

The Stir-Fry Counter, many of the dishes were interesting and some were abit spicy and stay away from those.

The hors d’oeuvres served in the Ocean Bar at cocktail time before dinner.

Smoked Salmon, all you want thru out the entire cruise!!!!!!!!!

Some of my favorite things, to many to mention...........

Regards,

Ed S.

Salad Bar....everything all cleaned and cut up for me!!! Great variety.

Someone else doing the meal planning, grocery shopping, cooking, serving, clearing, washing and putting away. Ahhh....I need (another) cruise.

I miss the wonderful raisin buns at breakfast. We have them in England and eat them toasted in the afternoon with tea. HAL ships are the only place where I can get them that taste just like "home" I always have my fill of them while onboard....jean :cool:

Salmon. I have salmon every morning at breakfast while on board ship. Doesn't matter what else I eat ... I must have some slices of salmon with a few capers. Man, I miss that right now! :)

Ditto , me too Jim and at almost every meal:p

I also miss the Swiss Museli, they do serve a Museli a the Bellagio Buffet they call it Bircher Museli it is very similar to HAL's but HAL has the better one. Other wise I have never seen any where else.

Omelets for breakfast ... made while I watch. YUM. And HAL's fantastic hash browns. :) I adore breakfast at sea. Fresh squeezed OJ, coffee, omelet, hash browns, fruit ... I'm almost not interested in lunch even as late as 1 am.

Almost ...

Being from the flatlands, like ExaltHim, I miss having my breakfast coffee looking at the snowcapped mountains of Alaska. We may be in the minority in actually loving the cruise ship coffee. It is one item that we continually talk about. It might have been great coffee, but then again it just might have been the environment in which it was served.

Ron

... the wonderful oatmeal served at breakfast. I had a small bowl every day, whether it was in the Lido or dining room (or both!).

That too funny. I am an oatmeal lover, but not the instant kind. Last month I got a nice bowl added some fresh fruit and took one spoonful and it was the worst I had ever eaten. Worse than wallpaper paste.

I love eating breakfast and lunch in the dining room. It's always so nice and relaxing. I hate the crowds in the Lido especially after you get your tray and can't find a table - that's so annoying. :(

Archived