Audio Books

LynnAB

Good for you!!!! IS the IOS the same class as the ones you took before?

Yes, Jim. IOS is in the Freedom class ... sister ship to Freedom of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas, both of which we've cruised on. Indy is the newest ship, though, and mostly sails in England. Right now she is on her transatlantic, on her way to ME <g>. I'll be sailing out of Port Everglades, a first for us but fine since we're half way between Port Everglades and Port of Miami. Also this will be different because we're doing an 8-night cruise ... with new shoes for us. I'm also looking forward to going back to St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Hey guys, about 1/4 the way through Conroy's audio book "My loosing Season" regarding his basketball days (non-fiction) at the Citadel. Not bad, read by the author. Boy does he have a screwed up family!

I think that's why his books have so much anger and dysfunction in them <g>.

I'm getting closer to the end of M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin audiobooks. I have 3 or 4 more (I'm thinking 3). They're very light but fun to listen to in the car because I like the narrator, Donada Peters, so much.

I just read The Gift of the Magi on my Kindle. I have no idea why other than I came across it and liked its seasonal aspect. I read it years and years and years ago :)

I think that's why his books have so much anger and dysfunction in them <g>.

I'm getting closer to the end of M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin audiobooks. I have 3 or 4 more (I'm thinking 3). They're very light but fun to listen to in the car because I like the narrator, Donada Peters, so much.

I just read The Gift of the Magi on my Kindle. I have no idea why other than I came across it and liked its seasonal aspect. I read it years and years and years ago :)

LOL...wow, think I last read that in 7th grade...:) And trust me that was years and years ago.

Listening to classics is not such a bad idea though....

Was thinking of putting To Kill a Mocking bird on my list.

I really enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird when I read it ... last spring, I think it was.

LOL...wow, think I last read that in 7th grade...:) And trust me that was years and years ago.

That is probably the last time I read it, too <g>. I can't believe how SHORT the story is. For some reason I had it in my head that it was really LONG. Odd! Age does change perspective, doesn't it?

That is probably the last time I read it, too <g>. I can't believe how SHORT the story is. For some reason I had it in my head that it was really LONG. Odd! Age does change perspective, doesn't it?

Sure does....used to be a long hair liberal, Now I am short haired more conservative than I would have imagined I could have been and lost importantly what I viewed as old age I now view as middle age.:eek:

Lynn, finished "my loosing season" by Pat Conroy. Pretty good, but it does have a strong sports theme, so I am not sure you would enjoy it. At the end of the book he talks on how he and his father get back together in the last years of his father's life.

Jim

Lynn, finished "my loosing season" by Pat Conroy. Pretty good, but it does have a strong sports theme, so I am not sure you would enjoy it. At the end of the book he talks on how he and his father get back together in the last years of his father's life.

Jim

I guess it's good they got back together, but if they were as nutty as the characters in the books, he probably should have run far, far away <g>.

What kind of sports? I'm a Marlins baseball fanatic. My son got me interested back in 1997, and I've been a real fan since ... including going to some games but always trying to at least watch the games. See, I'm not always wussy <g>.

I didn't have time to read all the posts, but I wanted to mention that when I bought my Garmin Nuvi GPS, it has an audiobook feature in it... I believe I even got a coupon with it for some free audiobooks from Audible dot com....

I really like it because it has the bookmarking feature, but also while I'm driving and need to make a turn, it interrupts the book to give directions.... No extra speakers needed either.

It's very easy to use.... Don't know if this was mentioned before.

I guess it's good they got back together, but if they were as nutty as the characters in the books, he probably should have run far, far away <g>.

What kind of sports? I'm a Marlins baseball fanatic. My son got me interested back in 1997, and I've been a real fan since ... including going to some games but always trying to at least watch the games. See, I'm not always wussy <g>.

College basketball

I didn't have time to read all the posts, but I wanted to mention that when I bought my Garmin Nuvi GPS, it has an audiobook feature in it... I believe I even got a coupon with it for some free audiobooks from Audible dot com....

I really like it because it has the bookmarking feature, but also while I'm driving and need to make a turn, it interrupts the book to give directions.... No extra speakers needed either.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it before. Welcome to the blog! Get some audiobooks and let us know what you think

That's interesting! I never knew that about a Garmin. Is that only the newer Garmins that do that? My son has one that I could steal (I mean borrow) from him since he doesn't use it anymore. His new car stereo came with a GPS in it.

It interrupts your BOOK just to give you directions? Hmmm. I don't think I like that feature. I'm just kidding! Honest! That's great!!!

And welcome to the boards. Please jump in ANY TIME with your opinions, suggestions, etc.

College basketball

Oh <g>. We were very involved with watching the Miami Heat a while back, so I dooooooooooooo understand basketball, too. I'm not just a well-read, intellectual woman, you know <lol>.

Oh <g>. We were very involved with watching the Miami Heat a while back, so I dooooooooooooo understand basketball, too. I'm not just a well-read, intellectual woman, you know <lol>.

LOL doubt that is so....(the not well read comment).:) It is really a reflection of his last year as a player for the Citadel. Talks not so glowingly about his coach and really hammers his father (which he says softened considerably in the last years of his life). You don't have to be a true basketball fan, but it would help IMHO....

LOL doubt that is so....(the not well read comment).:) It is really a reflection of his last year as a player for the Citadel. Talks not so glowingly about his coach and really hammers his father (which he says softened considerably in the last years of his life). You don't have to be a true basketball fan, but it would help IMHO....

I was just teasing with that comment. Guess I was in a silly mood <g>.

AHHHH I see. You get glib and sneaky when you only a couple of days away from another cruise....huh?:D:D

And light-headed, with butterflies in my stomach. Of course, these symptoms can be cured by a wonderful sailaway with a Miami Vice in my hand <g>.

Hi I just bought the audio of New York. I am just getting started on it, and so far it is really good. The author is Edward Rutherford. It is a novel based on the history of NY.

Oooh. I would love it if you would continue to give us your reviews. This book has been taunting me since it came out. I can't decide whether it's going to be dry or a really good story. I'm a former New Yorker (still a New Yorker at heart), and this book sounds very interesting to me.

Hi I just bought the audio of New York. I am just getting started on it, and so far it is really good. The author is Edward Rutherford. It is a novel based on the history of NY.

That does sound interesting! As Lynn mentioned, please give some updates as you get into it!