When will we know about Princess Cays?

laginog

Doris,

Your generosity never ceases to amaze. Always working toward the common good. Since I'm feeling generous today myself, I'll go with you! :D

Seriously, I wonder what the real condition of the island is and how the residents fared?

We're going on the CP September 18,,,going to who knows where..St Kitts is a GREAT idea...I've heard from a friend who's been that it's magnificent. Let's call and SUGGEST it! Key west would be ggod too....you'd get no complaints here. :rolleyes: By the way....I see YOU have 2....2....2....cruises in the next several weeks????? How lucky is THAT!!!
Enjoy!
[quote name='TinaLee']I understand they can't plan, and maybe they don't even KNOW where they are going, but you'd think when passengers call asking questions they could at least acknowledge that there might be a change in itinerary?!? Just a simple... we are not really sure if the ships will be able to call at Princess Cays, that is still being assessed would work!

The only thing that really irritated me last week was that after the port had been closed for HOURS people calling Princess were still being told that there was no change in itinerary, the port was still open, Caribbean Princess was coming home as planned.

At least acknowledge that you are aware there is something going on... you know? Hence my reference to ostrichism... uh, ostrichood... :D

TinaLee[/QUOTE]

OK all of you volunteers!!! Please hurry so you can get that island cleaned up before our CP 9/25 cruise!! I know that only gives you 2 weeks but....I bet you can get more help here on the boards!! Thanks for the help!!!
Ha-Ha!!
And PaulSue---looks like you're on the week before us. If we don't hear ahead of time that they're "replacing" Princess Cays with something else, can you get online and report what they do with you that day? Since this week's CP is a "short" one, we can't really use it for "comparison". So...we only have the next two to go on! Thanks for the help!!!

I'll send the first person a six pack:D of their favorite beer or a $10 bottle of wine :D if they can find out a definative answer if they are replacing the port or just another sea day. Ok It's not much of an essentive but we sail on 10/9 and every penny is going to the cruise. What's with Princess anyway, what's the big secret??? they must know where CP is going for next week since the leave on Sat right??? Am I missing something???

I don't know if it's a big secret as much as they probably don't feel they need to make an announcement that the ship isn't going to Princess Cays. Especially for the Sept 11 cruise, since Ivan is probably going to mess that one up to, so why bother making announcement after announcement with port changes.

I agree with Dan... particularly with Ivan the Terrible on his way. Why make an announcement and set expectations that will probably be changed. Also, when you book a cruise, you know that the cruiseline, and the captain, can change the itinerary at any time. Even when you're on a cruise, you may miss one or more ports due to weather.

You are right about the fact they won't abandon Princess Cays. There is too much at stake in terms of revenue to not rebuild. The opportunity to grab a bigger share of "excursion" dollars by having a full ship spend time and bucks at PC's own island.

It truly is a beautiful spot and one of the highlights of any cruise where it is a port of call. Lots of great memories over the last 12 years we have been visiting it.

We truly look forward to the quick recovery of this spot and all the rest of the islands hit over this past hurricane season.

Did they post it somewhere...or did you call them? I'm sure it will be the same for us for the next week. Wonder how they'll do shore excursions in Nassau, if any? Guess we'll have to wait until we board to book them.

Archived