Srphnx live on Sapphire instead of Diamond for once

srphnx

That's what I figured. The English Channel is legendary for it's rough sea, but I'm hoping that comes from people in small boats in any season other than summer. (Can you tell I'm trying to be optimistic and reason away my fears?)

I'm hoping we'll be lucky and not face what the Sapphire is facing. Seems to me that wind causes more movement than waves. At least we'll be in port 8 days out of 11. (again, trying to be optimistic here!)

I've learned so much on these boards! We didn't think it possible or were too shy to ask for more than one lobster tail (actually my husband since I don't care for lobster), in fact many a night I agonized over my dessert selection, not thinking to ask for more than one.
Due to my enlightenment I will probably have to change my answer to the "How much do you gain on a cruise" poll. :)

[quote name='Druke I']We have booked 'round the Horn, Mar 06, on Regal Princess. They say that it is often very bumpy down there.

Michael[/QUOTE]
As two who like to rock and roll a bit at sea, my friend and I were hopefully anticipating some action around Cape Horn. Instead, we got the calmest seas some of the officers said they had seen in 30+ years of rounding the Horn, and I, (not the most graceful among us) was able to complete a yoga class while viewing Cape Horn in the distance. Oh well! Better luck to you!

[quote name='srphnx'][b]My evil plan is working perfectly, the captain just announced GALE force winds on our approach to Victoria on second formal night (lobster night) we should have 12-15 foot seas.. more shellfish for me! Yippee... go green![/b][/QUOTE]
[size=3][color=indigo]Steve, glad you're having a good time! Your comment here, is why we aren't getting off the Diamond next June, in Victoria! We will go back to Seattle, and take the ferry back to Victoria! ;) [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082]Thanks for you ongoing review! :D [/color][/size]

[b][color=black]Your wish is my command sue.. a big fat piece at first dinner with my initial 3 tails. At second dinner I will concentrate on lobster alone. We just finished Sabatinis so I am 3 lobsters into the day already.[/color][/b][quote name='sue d. miller']OH, Please have some lobster for me!! Any Prime Rib tonight?? :D[/QUOTE]

50 mph isn't that bad. We were on a ship during Hurricane Andrew, and aside from high seas and a bit of leaning here and there, along with torrential downpours, it wasn't that bad. The mega liners can take much more than 50 mph winds. The tours we have taken of the bridges has provided a LOT of info from the Captain and his crew. ;)

We had 70 knot winds in the Gulf of Alaska on the Dawn when we sailed in Sept. a few years ago.
People were in the atrium trying to get sleep and stability. Everyone handles it differently, never sick but for whatever reason you can get sick.

Remember going to the dining room for breakfast. Crew said not to look out the windows. We were fortunate not to be sick, just watched the giant swells and ate our breakfast.

[font=Times New Roman][size=3] [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Rough seas, Sapphire handles rough seas admirably but we had 60 mph winds and waves over 20 feet. So in a nod to caution we had only one dinner of prime rib and lobsters. We ate in Sterling on Deck 5 and on two separate times had waves crash OVER the window. It got wilder through the night and we were rockin and rollin all night. We were grateful for our inside cabin, nearer the center axis for pitch and much less noise. The captain came on repeatedly to give weather updates and for the two roughest days banned opening balconies as the winds combines with ships speed exceeded 80mph. [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]This ship feels very well capable of handing even rougher seas but I am in no hurry to prove my point. According to one announcement late on Saturday we were in seas that only occur 3% of the time so we got “lucky”. There were many pale and or green faces and because of my iron clad stomach I didn’t recognize the air sick bags strategically placed all over the place for what they were for a few hours.[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]A word about beverages, I found the coffee to be just fine in both HC and dining rooms but the iced tea was way too strong, made from a syrup and nearly undrinkable until diluted fifty percent with water and more ice. Service was overall good but for some reason the clearing of entree plates was slow across the board in all rooms for all meals. [/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]We ate in Sabatinis and the service was outstanding, the waiters ordering special pastas or going to other rooms to fill in the gaps where the menu didn’t meet our every expectation. In a departure from our usual practice we added a gratuity to the check we were so impressed. The captains circle host could not explain why the wireless isn’t free for platinum and the access is somewhat limited, available in the atrium and the internet café only. I like having the use of my own computer but won’t bring it and pay for access just for the advantage of being able to post pictures in my CC posts. It is a lot less convenient than using your card at a terminal and you have to keep an eye on a valuable laptop.[/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]We much favor express debarkation, carrying off of all of our bags, we get to the customs people first before they get overwhelmed and have plenty of time at the airport with no worries about TSA or the like. I find debarkation to be very sad and want it done and over with in one quick pull like a band aid. [/size][/font]

Archived