Do you think of the current Zuiderdam pax ........

sail7seas

7, hi:) its raining and windy here......and it should be that way all day:eek: ....I guess I should be glad tomorrow is a holiday...no need to worry about driving to work......hoping Tues morning I will be able to get to the office.

Question for you, (sort of hypothetical;) )....I sail on Saturday....even though Ivan is out there.....and I am guessing by Friday, FLL will have the power back on...(hopefully) do you think the 9-11 sailing will go on as scheduled? (Just asking your opinion...THANK YOU:) )

Lois....I so much want to say to you, Don't Worry, You'll go just fine......But, unfortunately, looking at the map that Lithium just posted, it is impossible to know. IF it tracks the way it possibly could, it is horrifying to think that Florida could once again be facing a hurricane nightmare.

I don't know how people dig deep enough inside themselves to find the strength to cope but....Ivan is not looking good. It is already classified a Level One....has graduated from Tropical Storm. He's out there and moving.

Of course, Frances is all the talk on the news stations and weather station and because Frances is the here and now it should be, but very soon they are going to have to start talking about Ivan.

If ever prayers were needed for the people of Florida, now is a REAL GOOD Time to start praying. IMO

I fear, Lois, those on the September 11 are in a wait and see situation.

God Bless you All.

hmmm....maybe I should talk to my Travel Agent.....? See what her opinion is....

I see where the Maasdam sails on 9-11 too...from Boston to Montreal...

Lois - That is a FABULOUS itinerary....You could do the Caribbean ANYTIME...just a thought :). Although, I think the airfare would be $$$.

I was fortunate to use a FF ticket when I flew to Boston, for the Maasdam.

Marie

I just heard a report on Fox News. Their reporter is at the NHC and one of the reasons NHC has not turned over the release of info to FEMA (Homeland Security) re: Frances is because Ivan is moving at an incredible 21 mph and could be at Puerto Rico by Wednesday and......without a change in course, onto the Bahamas and then South Florida faces it Friday or Saturday.

Of course, anything can happen between now and then and the course can change and it can weaken......but it has to be watched.

I so hate writing this!

Lois.....DO IT.....DO IT!!!! That's a great cruise.

And, of course, that's "MY" Maasdam we are talking about!!!! :) Love that 'dam' ship!!

Unfortunately, I think the ship could be sold out.

hi Marie...Amber says hi:)

I am staying with this cruise to the Caribbean....Frances shouldn't have an effect on the 9-11 sailing.....IF..IF Ivan does...well, I am just going to play it by ear. But I cannot just "change sailings".....even with the unsteady Caribbean. I knew it was hurricane season when I booked....

I will just have a good attitude and hope things go smoothly;) ....If they have to change itinerary so be it....but, she said she feels like the Z should leave Saturday as scheduled.

Hi Gretchen:) too funny...IVAN the a*****e LOL.....

No, haven't started packing yet...but I am way passed the list mode too. I was going to start this weekend but my mind has been wandering...with Frances and everything:eek: ........The clothes are out on the bed in the 2nd bedroom though.....it won't take me much time to pack....

Thanks for making me smile:)

Ahhh, the old complainer syndrome.

Would I care if people were complaining on board that ship - no, its their right to.

now, I am not saying HAL should put anyone in harms way by heading back to FLL to early. BUT, HAL could have - for those pax who really needed to depart for whatever reason - made a quick port stop on Saturday at somewhere safe (ie New Orleans or Galveston) and let whomever wanted to get off, disembark.

Would HAL have to do some extra work to do so - YES. but no one should sit there in the comfort of your home and criticize pax on board who you know nothing about and who may have reasons why they need to disembark.

Me - I would be happy with the extra few days cruising. But thats just me. No one know the circumstances of other folks lives. So don't criticize them - even hypothetically.

- for those pax who really needed to depart for whatever reason - made a quick port stop on Saturday at somewhere safe (ie New Orleans or Galveston) and let whomever wanted to get off, disembark.
I'm sure that if they knew the hurricane would put on the breaks and creep across Florida, they could have considered alternate ports. But, with the information they had, a decision to divert to a port that could be in the path of the storm was unlikely. I think what they did was the safest thing to do. Hurricanes are powerful and often unpredictible. You take a risk when you book a cruise during hurricane season & I'm praying that the storms are all gone when we sail Oct 2. :) I'll take the risk and I'm with you - make a couple of quick phone calls then relax and enjoy your extended vacation.

hi Marie...Amber says hi:)

[/quote

How comes we never 'see' her anymore? I miss her here.

Hope she's okay....send my best wishes, please.

Hi Sail - I suspect it is because she is very busy with her business. She's a neat lady, isn't she?

Marie

I'm sure that if they knew the hurricane would put on the breaks and creep across Florida, they could have considered alternate ports. But, with the information they had, a decision to divert to a port that could be in the path of the storm was unlikely. I think what they did was the safest thing to do. Hurricanes are powerful and often unpredictible. You take a risk when you book a cruise during hurricane season & I'm praying that the storms are all gone when we sail Oct 2. :) I'll take the risk and I'm with you - make a couple of quick phone calls then relax and enjoy your extended vacation.

I'm sure hoping we get to HMC....that we get to cruise at all!!! I am already mentally preparing myself that the way this Hurricane Season is going.....Our good luck of never having any storm interference may come to an end. As it is, we are looking forward to boarding with you and hope all goes smoothly.

Thanks, Lois. We have never 'spoken' but I always enjoy her posts and she has contributed so much here. I look forward to when she has time to come back and join in again.

Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for you this week. :)

7:) thanks.......

I know I booked this cruise during hurricane season...the chance I took~.....who woulda thunk we would have a back to back:confused: ......(possibly to back)....

I'm no dummy but it seems as is some one is trying to to embellish a non existing situation. (in the origional posting)......Am I crazy or what??????

Read back and you will see .......I did three times, and the first time I was wondering who the people were that were upset, because I never read a thread that was expressing their displeasure!

I'm no dummy but it seems as is some one is trying to to embellish a non existing situation. (in the origional posting)......Am I crazy or what??????

Read back and you will see .......I did three times, and the first time I was wondering who the people were that were upset, because I never read a thread that was expressing their displeasure!

Since YOU ASKED....and I say this in the nicest way, you're crazy or what :).

I don't believe the original posting was trying to embellish anything....it was just a WHAT IF question, nothing more, nothing less :). Have a great evening.

Marie

Archived