Visa for Egypt

Wilba

Has anyone been to Egypt recently? I am aware on the Ships Tours, a Visa is part of the Tour price. Any independent travelers know the Visa charge & or do we need one just to disembark to the local shops. We are visiting Alexandria on a Christmas Cruise so any info would be gratefully received.

Has anyone been to Egypt recently? I am aware on the Ships Tours, a Visa is part of the Tour price. Any independent travelers know the Visa charge & or do we need one just to disembark to the local shops. We are visiting Alexandria on a Christmas Cruise so any info would be gratefully received.

hi., a visa at the airport is $us15, I imagine its the same for the ship pasengers. Yes you will need a visa even if you just want to disembark to go to the shops.....but thats a bit of a waste....alexandria is really interesting in a french sort of architectural way. Most of the old city has been destroyed and built of in modern times but if you like your history there are still some interesting sites.

Enjoy Egypt...its incredible.:D

You will likely be required that you have the visa whether or not you get off the ship. I know for us it was required. Our cruise line took care of getting us the visa as our cruise did not begin in Egpyt. Check with your cruise line to find out whether or not they will take care of purchasing the visa for you and if it is required whether or not you get off the ship.

On top of this, a few day before we arrived in Egypt we filled out another form on board the ship that listed various information about ourselves and also asked that we list how much money we were taking into port and the model number and type of camera equipment we were taking with us on land.

Keith

Archived