Coka You're It!!!!

pgh

I found out today that the ceremony is inside. Sooo, that rules out any outdoor gear. The fashion board gals gave me some ideas but now I am thinking snow leopard being from VT and all! Pgh, I have not found out yet if Colin is going to be there but I am sure I will blush if I have the opportunity to shake his hand...and believe me, it takes A LOT to get me to blush in real life!

Coka

Hi, me again,

Hey Coka, since you've got the inside information on the ceremony ;) , do you know if they are going to be webcasting it this time?

Here's my letter--

Dear NCL: please, please, please webcast or record and distribute in some manner the inaugural ceremony and the naming of the Godmother of the Norwegian Gem!!! This whole process has been so fun and exciting that it would be a fine culmination to be able to watch the grand event!!!

I'm off to vote!

FINALLY I actually agree with a judge's decision! I've never met you, Coka, but oh do I LOVE those reviews of yours. When you get back from a cruise, I fix myself a nice drink, pull up a chair, and let you take me away. Always funny, informative, amusing, and thoughtful. And I imagine those reviews accurately reflect the same character traits in you. I'm not the groupie type, but I just voted 10 times, bookmarked the dang site, and I'll be back again tomorrow and all the following days to help vote you in as the Gem's "IT" Girl. Congrats

Thank you for the review compliments! Wowsa, wowsa, wowsa! This is BIG! The Miami office employees are wonderful! I have spoken to a few and have received information via email. The FedEx package arrived in time and I am officially a finalist. I think I get to board the ship on the 18th before the suite passengers (shhh, do not tell them)!

The NCL Miami office employees are upbeat and fun people. I think hubby is on a first-name basis with some of them because they reach him first at home before me at work! After every communication, they encourage me to contact them if I have any questions. They let me know they are working on flight and the media will be there upon arrival (gasp)! They will also communicate with the media where I live before I go (double gasp)!

Zimmerjulie, I can ask about your question but I did not hear about whether or not it will be broadcast yet.

My office assistant is helping search for the win/lose ceremony outfit but now think I need a meet-the-press outfit and a boarding-ship-outfit. No worries on the dance-til-the-disco closes outfits...I already have those!

I fly down on the 18th. I thought, "what if there is a major snowstorm?" I answered that if it did, it sure would make for a crazy review! I think to stay true to myself, I am going to chose to not stress...to just have fun with the whole experience (and to share it with all of you of course)!

Coka

Please keep us posted Coka.

I'll be leaving on a HAL trip tomorrow, and I'd rather spend my internet minutes voting for you than checking in here, but when I come home, I would just love to read everything.

Good luck with all the planning!

Zimmerjulie, I forwarded your message!

Pgh, have a safe travel to your ship and enjoy your cruise!

Jetsetter, thank you for the vote!

Everyone else, have a happy Thanksgiving holiday! I am thankful to all of you!

Coka

Happy Thanksgiving coka!

Liz and I just got our votes in for today. We have been voting everyday and really hope that you are named the Godmother.

P.S. We are planning on a 2-day on the Jade next December. We had so much fun on the Dawn 2-day, we are going to go again. Maybe you need to come and show us some of those dance moves!

Jimswims, what date is your Jade cruise?

Thanks Crewmom!

Well, I planned out what I am wearing...ordered online (yikes) so I cross my fingers it will fit the occasion!

I am more excited though about baby Gem's surprise. I have been working on it the past few days and am pleased with the concept. Will tell you in the review what it is. I think you will be pleased too!

Coka

Jimswims, what date is your Jade cruise?

Thanks Crewmom!

Well, I planned out what I am wearing...ordered online (yikes) so I cross my fingers it will fit the occasion!

I am more excited though about baby Gem's surprise. I have been working on it the past few days and am pleased with the concept. Will tell you in the review what it is. I think you will be pleased too!

Coka

Hi coka!

Liz and I are still voting every day:) .

The Jade weekend cruise is 12/12/08 out of NYC. It is another Friday-Sunday.

Hi coka!

Liz and I are still voting every day:) .

The Jade weekend cruise is 12/12/08 out of NYC. It is another Friday-Sunday.

Jim

One problem as the Godmother of the Gem I don't think Coka can cruise on the Jade :eek: :D :D She will have to remain loyal to her ship;)

Jim

One problem as the Godmother of the Gem I don't think Coka can cruise on the Jade :eek: :D :D She will have to remain loyal to her ship;)

:D You have a good point. I think that coka will make it her mission as Godmother to visit all of the NCL ships as much as she can :)

Back from a busy weekend, but I made time to vote every day, 10 times, plus votes from family & friends! It's getting closer!

Thanks, Coka, for mentioning the webcast request to NCL. That would be so cool to watch the ceremony! Can you give us a little hint about the gift so that we can try to figure it out?;)

Wow, thank you! I am not sure what is more difficult: making a 90 second video, finding an appropriate leopard outfit, or remembering to vote! Hmmm, let's see, a hint...okay...it is something that can be given whether I win or lose, and it is also something that cruisecritics can partake in for future cruises on baby Gem. Any guesses?

Coka

It's time to introduce myself to all you supporters of Coka, and to thank you for all the good wishes and vibes (not to mention votes) you've sent her way. I'm the personal assistant Coka invited along to share this "Gemitgirl" finalist drama. If you've read the reasons she gave for selecting me, you can only imagine how touched and grateful I am. That long week before the holidays I dreaded, has become a source of adventure and a feeling there's always someone watching over me. Who could have imagined an NCR contest would reach out and impact my life in such a positive way?

For those of you who know Coka, you're already plugging in those 10 votes a day. For those who don't but are just impressed by her great and thoughtful video, she IS the ultimate GEMITGIRL. NCL would have as the godmother of the GEM someone who could represent them in every positive way imaginable. Fun loving, friendly, articulate, gutsy, attractive, energetic, knowledgeable about cruising and all the attributes that would reflect well on NCL and all cruise loving people. Thanks for letting Coka know you approved of her thoughtfulness and thanks to her family for letting me share this special time with her. Gotta go vote!

It's time to introduce myself to all you supporters of Coka, and to thank you for all the good wishes and vibes (not to mention votes) you've sent her way. I'm the personal assistant Coka invited along to share this "Gemitgirl" finalist drama. If you've read the reasons she gave for selecting me, you can only imagine how touched and grateful I am. That long week before the holidays I dreaded, has become a source of adventure and a feeling there's always someone watching over me. Who could have imagined an NCR contest would reach out and impact my life in such a positive way?

For those of you who know Coka, you're already plugging in those 10 votes a day. For those who don't but are just impressed by her great and thoughtful video, she IS the ultimate GEMITGIRL. NCL would have as the godmother of the GEM someone who could represent them in every positive way imaginable. Fun loving, friendly, articulate, gutsy, attractive, energetic, knowledgeable about cruising and all the attributes that would reflect well on NCL and all cruise loving people. Thanks for letting Coka know you approved of her thoughtfulness and thanks to her family for letting me share this special time with her. Gotta go vote!

Welcome, "Lu" - I assume the "1217" is your "flying" day. Good for you:)

I haven't flown in a few years BUT when I did, as soon as that beverage cart came down the aisle, I ordered a Bloody Mary;)

It was so great that Bob gave you the "signs". My mom passed away almost two years ago and she, too, sends many signs. We just have to learn to "look" for them.

I feel that I know you already from Coka's wonderful description of you. How fortunate that you have one another to plan this exciting adventure.

Hope you will take notes of EVERY single moment and lots of pictures.

Take good care of the "Godmother":)

And now that you've posted, you are not longer a "guest" - you're now a CC member:D

Wow, thank you! I am not sure what is more difficult: making a 90 second video, finding an appropriate leopard outfit, or remembering to vote! Hmmm, let's see, a hint...okay...it is something that can be given whether I win or lose, and it is also something that cruisecritics can partake in for future cruises on baby Gem. Any guesses?

Coka

Hmmmmm.....you're signing a waiver that will give us all "bar tabs on Coka" on all of our Gem cruises:D

Coka

Good luck Coka! We have been voting daily. :D

Could it be a log book for every Cruise Critic member to sign during their trips on the Gem?

Maybe a special recipe for a leopard looking dessert or a caramel and chocolate martini mixed to look leopardy...;)

Hi All, We are taking our first NCL cruise on Gem in April. I have to tell you all, that this "it girl" has been tons of fun for us. I was not too keen on switching cruise lines, but loved the itinerary on Gem. Then, when I started reading all about the contest, and looking at the pictures of Gem everyone has posted ,my two sisters and my daughter and I got "Gemitis". When I read that leopard was Gem's favorite color, that sealed the deal. We have always had a leopard night and a leopard day on our past trips . (we all wear leopard outfits.) It was one of those signs you all are talking about.

Coka, Good luck to you, You truly have shown yourself to be IT.

Connie

Cosmo, no, it will be all "bar tabs on LU1217!"

LU, I still want that report ON my desk IN the morning! mwuahhhhhh!

I love the ideas of a leopardy gemit cocktail and cruisecritic log-in book. I did not think of those. Maybe NCL will already have that.

Runnerandme, that is one of the fun things about cruising...the preparation! Tell me though, where do you find your leopard outfits? Mine arrived in the mail today...I tried it on...looked in the mirror...and exclaimed, "Shoot IT!"

Coka

BeckyThane, Plan A and plan B both arrived. Plan B was too summery. Other than plan A being a bit too loud, I like it and will wear it (that slit-thing-you-know-where was not as bad as I thought it would be). Let's just say given my size, one can certainly 'spot' me in it! It is certainly all dress. I do love the leopard shoes though!

Coka

Archived