Coka You're It!!!!

pgh

If it couldn't be Coka, I'm glad that Cindy won. Her video looked like it might've been professionally done by a studio (which might've been what put her over the top).

BTW karfest-yes Cindy was the one who had her first "kiss" on a ship (some parents just don't supervise their kids on board ;) )

Well' date=' although Cruise Critic darling Coka didn't win, it looks like the Christening Ceremony was a blast ... to see a clip from the ceremony (you can see Coka in the front row) go to: http://gemitgirl.com/VideoWinner.aspx.[/quote']

Thanks for the link:)

We must all be happy that Coka (and Lu) are enjoying this wonderful cruise and we can be SURE that she is enjoying it!

Coka would not like us to post any derogatory remarks so I won't but...Coka would NEVER have held a bouquet of long stem roses DOWN!

Flowers grow UP not DOWN:eek: Not derogatory, just an observation;)

Wish we were able to see Coka's dress.

Coka would not like us to post any derogatory remarks so I won't but...Coka would NEVER have held a bouquet of long stem roses DOWN!

I noticed that too - among some other things.

I can't wait for her review!

Coka, I join so many others in saying you will always and forever be our "IT Girl!"

It's difficult to take the high road and refrain from expressing the many thoughts flooding through my mind when I heard the news that the Gem's Godmother is Cindy. :eek: But, in deference to your well known reputation for class and graciousness, I will simply say, "Amazing!"

Congratulations to you for being so creative and following the rules exactly as they were written! You're tops with us, and we loved supporting you! Hope you had a blast! :)

Coka,

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm trying to take it in stride but I feel that

you were ROBBED girl! I personally think you would have been the obvious choice. (like others, i think Cindy's video was professionally done...ick.)

Anyway, to all of us here at Cruise Critic - YOU are the REAL Godmother of the Gem. The It girl is simply the stepmother.

We can't wait to hear about your experience,

Mary

Coka, I join so many others in saying you will always and forever be our "IT Girl!"

It's difficult to take the high road and refrain from expressing the many thoughts flooding through my mind when I heard the news that the Gem's Godmother is Cindy. :eek: But, in deference to your well known reputation for class and graciousness, I will simply say, "Amazing!"

Congratulations to you for being so creative and following the rules exactly as they were written! You're tops with us, and we loved supporting you! Hope you had a blast! :)

Ditto x

BTW karfest-yes Cindy was the one who had her first "kiss" on a ship (some parents just don't supervise their kids on board ;) )

Well, it doesn't say how old she was when she had her first kiss. I'd hold off on the judgment about parental supervision.

Well, it doesn't say how old she was when she had her first kiss. I'd hold off on the judgment about parental supervision.

Yikes-seems I might've touched a sensitive subject! But you're certainly right - maybe she was fully supervised during that kiss! Or maybe it happened during her elderly years ;) (but actually I was making light of the comments in the past, in many threads, about parents not supervising their kids on cruises and wasn't making judgement at all)

I better retract the horses head comment also :eek: before PETA comes after me!

-Monte

I am baaaaaack everyone! I see my family did not log in!

EVERYTHING was absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! We all had an AWESOME time! You are right...I am exhausted...but not in a bad way! I have sooooooo many cool things to tell you! I will start my review tomorrow and continue through the weekend.

Cindy is more beautiful in person and her hubby is a hoot! She is a darling and she makes an excellent godmother. She excudes both gemitgirl and godmother qualities. Believe me, nobody was thinking about how to hold the flowers as the entire first day and pre-ceremony stuff was fun, interesting, and amazing to be a part of. The finalists hung out together many times throughout the two days and I would be proud to have any one of them serve.

Remember I wrote after receiving the agenda, that there is no way any one of us could feel like losers? Well, I was not only right, but NCL totally went waaaaaaay above and beyond what I thought! I look forward to telling you about it! We were all celebrities!

OH, in true Coka fashion, I had a dress malfunction right before the big event....

I want to start writing the review right now (Ihave my notes), but I really really need to go to bed. I only napped a total of 6 hours and have been awake the rest (well, er dancing for most of it) during the last 60 hours...and I go back to work in 12 hours.

Cruisecritics Jana and Melissa are awesome...I met them too!

Last quick words...Baby Gem is everything I hoped NCL berthed her for! You are going to be psyched! I sure am!

Coka

Welcome home!!!

We all knew you would have a great time. You were all winners, and it's wonderful that you had fun together!

Sleep well, and rest those tootsies. We'll be waiting to hear all about 'Coka's Excellent Adventure' :D

Coka,

You will always be the GODMOTHER in my mind.....

Sorry - I voted many, many times for you....Sorry you did not win....:(

I was on the GEM this past weekend in Boston and she is beautiful...JUST LIKE YOU!!!

You will always be the godmother in our HOUSE!!!

Hope to meet you on the GEM someday!!!!

Can't wait to see and hear all about your trip!!!!

Cindy

First, my apologies. I really tried with the video, I took one but forgot to hit the sound button so it's kind of lame. And then the Internet service was very slow and I chose not to try to upload it while onboard.

I got home (in California) about an hour ago. Left the ship at 9 a.m. and had a 2:30 p.m. flight out of Kennedy. Ick. Got to LAX and had to drive to Oceanside, near San Diego. It was a long day.

Meeting Coka was one of the many highlights of my two-night Gem trip. She is a genuine gem: generous and funny, full of spirit, always smiling, grateful for her experiences, willing to offer help to anyone. Meeting her and spending time with her was like an early Christmas gift for me. She towered over my pint-sized sister Midgie (her real name) who was equally in Coka's thrall. And Lucille, Coka's traveling companion... oh my. Another true gem. I think we have a newly-minted cruiseaholic in our midst :)

The five finalists spent time together and seemed to really enjoy each others' company. They were all more beautiful than in their videos, all with fantastic and funny personalities. The "event" succeeded on many levels, not least of which were the personalities of the finalists and their visible joie de vivre.

Gem is beautiful with a stellar staff. Everyone bent over backwards to make the guests feel welcome. The food and entertainment were wonderful too, and you can tell it's a happy ship. I can't wait to go on board for more than two nights.

Jana

Thanks for the link:)

Cindy is not holding the red roses upside down, the red you see in the picture is the lining of her coat. The staff had taken the flowers from her so she could christen the ship.

I had several opportunities to chat with coka, she is absolutely delightful. Loads of fun, great dancer and all around classy gal.

Archived