All Things Glory...

kinggartk

We'll be on the Glory 3/5 and wondering if we need a bungee cord to hold the door open. Lately we've been on ships with sliding doors so please let me know if a bungee cord is needed. I already did a search and couldn't find any answer to this relative to the Glory.

Also any fifties kind of dancing anywhere? I know several years ago on the Spirit, they had nice dancing music in the pay restaurant even if you weren't eating there you could participate. Any lounge with dancing? Thank you.

I believe you will need the bungee cord. Just one word of warning, if you do that put a towel across your cabin door, this stops the wind tunnel effect!!! We are on the same sailing 3/8, two weeks today we will be in Florida!!!

See you there

Mel

We are going to be in room 8268. Is this one of the rooms that has the overhang from the Lido deck? It seems to be under other rooms from the deck plan so I thought we would get some sun. It is our first balcony and don't want to be covered up by the deck. tHANKS

Platinum Dining Room is located aft. It has windows portside, starboardside and aft. Dining times are 5:45 PM and 8:00 PM.

Golden Dining Room is located midship. It has windows portside and starboardside. Dining times are 6:15 PM and 8:30 PM.

Has it stopped snowing yet on the Cape? Just got back in from shoveling 8 to 9 in., and it's still snowing.

I need another cruise.

Jerry

Thanks for the info,BCfan. I got let out of work early because of the snow in Plymouth. The roads were really bad. There was only about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground, though and it was raining. It was sleeting when I left Plymouth. I can't shovel due to medical problems. Have to let it melt. I hope it stays that 2-3 inches. You were supposd to get hit harder further north.

We'll be on the Glory 3/5 and wondering if we need a bungee cord to hold the door open. Lately we've been on ships with sliding doors so please let me know if a bungee cord is needed. I already did a search and couldn't find any answer to this relative to the Glory.

Also any fifties kind of dancing anywhere? I know several years ago on the Spirit, they had nice dancing music in the pay restaurant even if you weren't eating there you could participate. Any lounge with dancing? Thank you.

We saw dancing in the Lobby Lounge. They had a duet there almost every nght. We really didn't frequent the lounges so can't offer anymore than that. We did steal away one afternoon to the Blue Bar to practice our Ball Room steps...no music..had the place to ourselves to practice. There is a large pole right in the center of that dance floor though...made it a bit sporting!

We saw dancing in the Lobby Lounge. They had a duet there almost every nght. We really didn't frequent the lounges so can't offer anymore than that. We did steal away one afternoon to the Blue Bar to practice our Ball Room steps...no music..had the place to ourselves to practice. There is a large pole right in the center of that dance floor though...made it a bit sporting!
Now Now,,,,,,,I thought you your practicing up on your ball room dancing steps?

Does anyone have a link to the most recent Glory western capers? I can only find ones for 2006.

I will also be looking for Western Capers - particulary for this itinerary: Cozumel/Belize/Roatan/Freeport. As there is still a while to go (sigh...) I am hoping someone who has gone on that itinerary will be kind enuf to post their capers (and provide a review too of course!)

TIA:)

Froufie:cool:

Yes a bungee cord will be needed for the balcony door. As someone else mentioned there is a MAJOR wind tunnel effect. I would recommend closing the balcony door before trying to exit your room, I nearly got stuck in the door twice, only to have the crew members laugh at me.

The Blue Bar does have a live band. However being that I am one of those nasty smokers, I have no idea what type of music they played, since the Blue Bar is a non-smoking lounge. The White Heat disco had a nice dance floor, but limited on the range of music played. There was a very small area for dancing in the piano bar, I believe it is called the Burgandy room.

I will also be looking for Western Capers - particulary for this itinerary: Cozumel/Belize/Roatan/Freeport. As there is still a while to go (sigh...) I am hoping someone who has gone on that itinerary will be kind enuf to post their capers (and provide a review too of course!)

TIA:)

Froufie:cool:

Froufie! When are you going (sorry, I have sigs turned off, just in case you have it in yours).

Come with Claire and I in May!

Can anyone answer my question regarding the room assignment being right below the Lido Deck. We are in room 8268 and wondered if the balcony was going to be covered by the lido deck? That would stink.

Not sure I understand "covered" by the Lido deck. All of the balconies have covers over them as it is the floor of the Balcony above you. what you may experience is the sound of deck chairs being set up early in the AM though. We were in 1009 and heard the thumping start about 8:00-9:00 evry morning.

Here is a link to a photo of what the balcony looks like...deck 8 is the third deck above the words Carnival Glory. (Not my website, but if you look midway down on the right, you will see a pic of the side of the ship.)

Glory Balconies

Froufie! When are you going (sorry, I have sigs turned off, just in case you have it in yours).

Come with Claire and I in May!

Hi there - and thanks for the invite - I am actually going November 1 - but you do have a point - maybe I should go in May so I can do proper 'research' and be really ready for my cruise in November? ha ha ha

I rarely book this far in advance and it's killing me (esp with the piles of snow all around me) Unfortunately can't travel in spring due to dd who is a competitive dancer and we are in competitions (and on the road) on many weekends between April and June!

Can't wait to hear about the cruise when you get back - I know you will have great pics and review - I am already doing research on excursions and would love to hear about where you went as well! I did check with Carnival for you and they ASSURED me that Alice would not be on your ship in May so you should be okay! teehee:D ;) :D

Frouf

We go ballroom dancing every week. Did you find any place with music to dance. I like the dance club kind of dancing too but husband hates it; so if there isn't any fox trot or Latin music, then I'm sunk.

Any ideas.

There are many places throughout the ship with live music of all types. I didn't get to experience all of it but I found the lobby bar at certain times might have more of the type of music you are looking for and quite often people were dancing there. Also in the Ebony Caberet Lounge during the Captain's party, before the first formal dinner, they had a live band and dancing.

"kiss on the lips" sounds sooooo yummy!!! Will have to have some on board. Planning and packing for a cruise is fun for me too, soooooo maybe it would be so much more fun if I made some at home to drink while I planned for our cruise????

I however do not know what frozen mango mix is??? Can someone please help me with that???:confused:

You should be able to find it at the grocery store with the cans of frozen lemonade, OJ, etc. That's where I found it anyway. If that doesn't work you can substitute with mango mix and crushed ice. The mango mix is usually with other drink mixers.

Does anyone know if they still do laundry for you, for a fee? From what I remember the Glory does not have laundry facilities but at mid-week you have an option to have your steward wash some stuff. I find this a better option than buying and bringing 7 pants per male. Does anyone know the prices?

Does anyone know if they still do laundry for you, for a fee? From what I remember the Glory does not have laundry facilities but at mid-week you have an option to have your steward wash some stuff. I find this a better option than buying and bringing 7 pants per male. Does anyone know the prices?

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Laundry_Facilities_-_Self_Service_Launderettes.aspx

...and yes there usually is a 'special' towards the end of the cruise where you can get a 'bagful' of laundry done for $15 - via room steward!

Have fun

Froufie

There were some post where people were complaining ( on other threads) that some of the room have an over hang from the Lido deck that blocks out the sun and were disappointed with that. I was just wondering if room 8268 was one of those rooms. Sorry for being unclear on what I was asking.

I think our room was 8437, and all night and day all the time we heard the scraping of chairs (people moving them, getting into and out of them) and because we were towards the rear of the ship we were near the 24 hr pizza thing so it went on ALL night too and we even heard one of their staff parties go on till all hours of the morning too. We didnt complain or anything and it was nice just having to walk up one flight to the lido deck but I dont think I will get rooms around there again.

There were some post where people were complaining ( on other threads) that some of the room have an over hang from the Lido deck that blocks out the sun and were disappointed with that. I was just wondering if room 8268 was one of those rooms. Sorry for being unclear on what I was asking.

We just returned from the Glory. We were in room 8270, which is the next room down from yours. There was no Lido overhang. We were directly under Lido deck rooms, so there were no chairs scraping the deck over us either.

Ann

I have to bookmark this because I refer someone to it nearly every day.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Carnival/glory.php

Select "cabin details by deck" and they will tell you where the laundry rooms are, ice machines, vending, etc.

Other links give you cabin sizes, bed configurations, other amenities.

Very, very useful site.

Can't vouch that it's 100% accurate, but they're probably more accurate that most other sources (including us because I doubt that any of us have been in every type of cabin on every class of ship).

We just returned from the Glory. We were in room 8270, which is the next room down from yours. There was no Lido overhang. We were directly under Lido deck rooms, so there were no chairs scraping the deck over us either.

Ann

Thanks so much! How did you like the eastern itenerary? We were trying to figure out what the heck to do without spending the money with Carnival to book an excursion in St. Martin and St. Thomas. We made that mistake once and will never do that again.

As someone else said, there is a laundry service. However there are also laundry facilities for you to do your own if you like. It's $2 for a wash, $2 for a dry and $1 for a little box of detergent. On Page 2 of this document http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/images/5/5a/Carnival_Glory.pdf it tells you where the laundry room is located on each deck.

Which itinerary is the best?

Glory tied to the dock in Port Canaveral for 7days would be a great vacation. IMO, weather and seas better western, scenery better eastern. Port Canaveral is the BEST! Don't miss the chocolate buffet at lunch last sea day lido. Don't miss the French side of St. Maarten!!! If time allows, try and make it to St. John from St. Thomas. We did the 5 Star St. John Trunk Bay excursion aboard the Leylan Sneed, FANTASTIC! Anyone that doesn't LOVE this ship is hopelessly ill.

What are the excursions you mention? Through Carnival?

Archived