All Things Glory...

kinggartk

Fot those staying at the Radisson and wanting to use their shuttle service to the pier, you must sign up for this free service before midnight of the day before you need it. Actually, you can call them right now and get your name on the list ahead of the rush. They have already starting taking shuttle reservations for bookings in 2009! Mine is for next month and I reserved my spots for the shuttle sometime last month. Just give them a call today and cross that off of your things to do list :D

Thanks for this advice. There are 8 of us all booked for the Radisson (for months now). We're cruising July 5th, but I wasn't sure when to call about the shuttle list. I'll do it right away!

Just got back from the Glory on Saturday -- flew Southwest -- and no, they don't do the express luggage. If you're looking for a shuttle to the port, I highly recommend Art's Shuttle. They were very reasonable and it was a good ride.

Does anyone know if there are veggie burgers on board? I'm a vegetarian and know I certainly won't starve, but every now and then it's nice to have a veggie burger and fries by the pool. Just wondering if I'll have that option or not.

Also, we are doing the Eastern itinerary and will most likely just spend the days at the beach when in port. Anyone remember if any of the food options at any of the beaches had veggie burgers or other vegetarian options?

Again, I'm not worried about starving, just wondering what my options might be.

Thanks for this advice. There are 8 of us all booked for the Radisson (for months now). We're cruising July 5th, but I wasn't sure when to call about the shuttle list. I'll do it right away!

A month ago I booked a shuttle from the Radisson for Dec. 6, 2008 and they gave me an 11:30am time, they start at 10:30 I belive so there were already people signed up!

Just got back from the Glory on Saturday -- flew Southwest -- and no, they don't do the express luggage. If you're looking for a shuttle to the port, I highly recommend Art's Shuttle. They were very reasonable and it was a good ride.

Do you happen to remember what the charge was to use Art's Shuttle? We are also flying in on SW. I keep hearing that it's cheaper to rent a car and then use the rental shuttle at Cape Canaveral. Just interested in the difference in price to use a shuttle service from airport to port vs. the car rental ($50).

Thanks in advance. :)

Do you happen to remember what the charge was to use Art's Shuttle? We are also flying in on SW. I keep hearing that it's cheaper to rent a car and then use the rental shuttle at Cape Canaveral. Just interested in the difference in price to use a shuttle service from airport to port vs. the car rental ($50).

Thanks in advance. :)

Check the thread I mentioned earlier on the Florida Departures board.

All that useful info is located there.

I just booked air after all (was going to drive but - amazingly - found air for $306 for the two of us!). Pretty sure the shuttle was quite a lot more expensive than renting a car for the day. Of course, if there are a bunch of people with tons of luggage, the shuttle may make more sense.

Once in that thread (it's many, many pages long), you can search for "shuttle" or "car rental" and find the posts within that thread with the details.

sounds like a good website...but not sure if its worth the 11.99 to join,.,,

You don't need to join. The free portion shows all the deck plans and gives all the useful info about where the laundry rooms are located. Gives details of what is in every cabin, the bed types, the windows, whether there's a fridge, etc.

Hi guys, my PVP just sent me a pdf with 50+ pages of pics and info on the Glory! I uploaded it to ***** so you guys can download it! It's very informative with great pics of all the public areas. Let me know if it doesn't work! Sorry if someone has posted this before.

Carnival Glory

I'm sorry i couldn't get the link to work could you please email me the file junespradlin@yahoo.com

I read somewhere, can't remeber where, that Glory was voted, best ship in Carnival's Fleet. Did anyone else see that? I beleive is was some Travel Magazine or AAA or something like that.

I've read this somewhere too, but I also can't seem to remember! I've been on 17 Carnival ships, and I sailed the Glory 4 years ago and she has ALWAYS been my favorite! I'll be on her again in July so hopefully she is still in great shape!

I have only been on the Miracle so far and we are going on the Glory in November. I see that there are 2 dining rooms plus the supper club. Do you choose 1 dining room, or can you use both? The miracle just had the one plus the supper club.

You'll be assigned a time. Based on that, you'll get one or the other. One will have the early 1st seating and early 2nd seating, and the other will have the later 1st seating and the later 2nd seating. Makes sense, I hope.

If you don't get your requested time, go to the dining room after boarding and see the Maitre 'd to see if you can change. Often you can, sometimes not, just depends on the sort of demand they had for the different seatings.

But, no, you can't switch back and forth, because they're at different times.

I made a little video slideshow of pics I took while on Glory last week. I am by no means a professional photographer. In fact I think I may have been drunk when taking half of them. But there is a good 100-150 pics here. Figured maybe some would like to see....

So glad I was reading this thread today. We sail in 49 days. I just called and got our group of 11 on the list for 11:30. I usually like to be on this ship by that time, guess that will just have to be good enough!

I made a little video slideshow of pics I took while on Glory last week. I am by no means a professional photographer. In fact I think I may have been drunk when taking half of them. But there is a good 100-150 pics here. Figured maybe some would like to see....

Thank you for sharing your pictures. I enjoyed looking at them.

Thanks for the slide show. I'm now to the point where I'm starting to panic, wondering how I'm going to get everything together in only a few days. Still have to drive down and retrieve DD from school!

I'm anxiously awaiting a post from anyone who got off the ship this morning. They were the first sailing of the "new" Western itinerary.

I read somewhere, can't remeber where, that Glory was voted, best ship in Carnival's Fleet. Did anyone else see that? I beleive is was some Travel Magazine or AAA or something like that.

We were on the 4/26 Glory (Eastern) and apparently an award was presented that week for the Glory being the Best. We found out about it after all the Big Brass left and they had the award showcased in the atrium. We think they awarded it while we were on shore excursions. The Glory is a wonderful ship and the staff were awesome! Cant say enough good thinks about our waiters and cabin steward. We've really missed them this week.

We were on the 4/26 Glory (Eastern) and apparently an award was presented that week for the Glory being the Best. We found out about it after all the Big Brass left and they had the award showcased in the atrium. We think they awarded it while we were on shore excursions. The Glory is a wonderful ship and the staff were awesome! Cant say enough good thinks about our waiters and cabin steward. We've really missed them this week.

I'm with you. I keep waiting for the buffet to open :(

Awesome job! You really picked some good music too! Very inventive shots. Thank you.

Does anyone have a picture of a balcony room that sleeps four? How are the beds arranged in a room that sleeps four with a balcony. I saw from the you tube clip the inside room has the bunks over top of the main bed. I was wondering what the balcony rooms looked like that sleep four.

Archived