Alcohol in carry on

SPARKY12

There are a lot of threads discussing whether trying to smuggle is wise. It's NOT my intention to re-hash that debate here. But, I'd be remiss in not mentioning: cruise lines have the right to deny you boarding if they catch you - no cruise. It's happened.

That said, consider taking a raincoat, and wearing it into the terminal. In pocket(s) place filled Rum Runner plastic bottle(s).

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Anything carried on is placed on the conveyor and X-rayed. Suspicious bottle shaped objects will be checked. The cruise lines are wise to the "water bottle" and "mouthwash" tricks. But, as far as I know, no one is patting down the customers. Just make sure you don't make sloshing noises when you walk!

If they find it, and they're very good at doing that, they will take it from you. Are you planning on buying this run at the cruise terminal? Because if you're bringing it from home, and you're flying, it cannot be brought on board the plane. Three ozs is the limit for liquids.

Also depends what Cruise line .We were on Princess Dep from Tahiti This year & we could take a Bottle of Champagne & local Hinos Beer for the Cruise.I believe it was on the manifest or whatever they call it I know it was written down some where in the info they provided. Even though they are owned now by Carnival They seem to operate independantly.

There are a lot of threads discussing whether trying to smuggle is wise. It's NOT my intention to re-hash that debate here. But, I'd be remiss in not mentioning: cruise lines have the right to deny you boarding if they catch you - no cruise. It's happened.

That said, consider taking a raincoat, and wearing it into the terminal. In pocket(s) place filled Rum Runner plastic bottle(s).

http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Anything carried on is placed on the conveyor and X-rayed. Suspicious bottle shaped objects will be checked. The cruise lines are wise to the "water bottle" and "mouthwash" tricks. But, as far as I know, no one is patting down the customers. Just make sure you don't make sloshing noises when you walk!

i believe they make you take off your coat to go thru the magnetometer so the coat would go thru the scanner....don't think it would work.....

What's the best way to get some rum on board while checking in? I don't check any luggage so I can't put it there. Hide in carry on or put in water or wine bottle in a bag? Has anyone done this successfully?
;) Ok go buy a cheap plastic bottle of mouthwash (green/blue in color).Slowly cut plastic wrap on cap and save.Empty out mouthwash and rinse many,many times. Air dry and do it again until all mouthwash smell is gone.Now fill with Rum.Add food color (dye) and match the Org color. Put plastic wrap back on cap and put small drop or two of crazy glue or nail glue.Now take a hairdryer and heat plastic until it shrinks a little. This works very well. The only draw back is Blue Rum (mixed with coke looks bad) I have done this many times. I have even put beer cans in side of 12 pack cases...with coke on the outside beer in the middle.Put it in checked bag and they xray and see cans.If you look at the 12 pack it shows coke from the outside. Good Luck.

;) Ok go buy a cheap plastic bottle of mouthwash (green/blue in color).Slowly cut plastic wrap on cap and save.Empty out mouthwash and rinse many,many times. Air dry and do it again until all mouthwash smell is gone.Now fill with Rum.Add food color (dye) and match the Org color. Put plastic wrap back on cap and put small drop or two of crazy glue or nail glue.Now take a hairdryer and heat plastic until it shrinks a little. This works very well. The only draw back is Blue Rum (mixed with coke looks bad) I have done this many times. I have even put beer cans in side of 12 pack cases...with coke on the outside beer in the middle.Put it in checked bag and they xray and see cans.If you look at the 12 pack it shows coke from the outside. Good Luck.

I like it!:D

That sound like an awful lot of trouble just to save a few bucks! Just budget the cost of your drinks into the vacation!

It was but we did alot of preparty in our cabins.I had a group of 11 cabins with 23 people.I took 2 cases of beer,4 rum,2 vodka, with pepsi/coke.The beer was funny.They only sold the Alum Bottle and we had cans.They had to know I had it due to all the empties went into my trash can. Would I do it again...................NO....But it can be done I did it.:cool:

Actually, it is very little trouble at all - my dtr and i each took on the equivalent of 2 of the largest bottles of smirnoff, in alternative bottles, well taped and zip locked - as i have said elsewhere, the cost of the drinks on board is ridiculous (+ 18%) and the amount of liquor in them almost null - i didn't feel a bit bad about it - esp when other people were getting their final bills with VERY HIGH alcohol charges - also, i paid ahead of sail for a bar set up with 3 bottles of absolut besides - (no we 2 didn't drink all that - it was shared among a group) -

Checked luggage goes through a TSA check and they don't give a damn about anything that isn't designed to make a big bang. TSA is not employed by the cruise company so if they see it in the bag, they are not obligated to report it. The personal check made of carry on and you is a different matter from what I've been told and seen. But, there is still that chance you could get caught. :eek: I hear many do this and get away with it.

Archived