Aft Balcony Rooms ? (ryndam)

Hello - I'm new to the HAL Board - not having sailed with them - But we like the (unique) 10-Day Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez itinerary - (Ryndam) wondering if anyone can describe what type of "AFT BALCONY" rooms are available on the Ryndam (We are hooked on the Aft Balcony mini-suites available on Princess)...can anyone compare ?

Thanks !

Hello - I'm new to the HAL Board - not having sailed with them - But we like the (unique) 10-Day Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez itinerary - (Ryndam) wondering if anyone can describe what type of "AFT BALCONY" rooms are available on the Ryndam (We are hooked on the Aft Balcony mini-suites available on Princess)...can anyone compare ?

Thanks !

There are no aft facing cabins on the Ryndam Sorry about that;)

If you'll look at your deckplans, you'll see that there are no aft-facing verandah staterooms aboard Ryndam or any of the other S and R Class ships.

There are, however, two side-facing balcony staterooms at the aft corners of Deck 6 on Ryndam - Their verandahs simply extend a bit wider than normal but it appears that they lose a bit of interior space to the stairs descending past the Dining Room to Lower Promenade...

If you'll look at your deckplans, you'll see that there are no aft-facing verandah staterooms aboard Ryndam or any of the other S and R Class ships.

There are, however, two side-facing balcony staterooms at the aft corners of Deck 6 on Ryndam - Their verandahs simply extend a bit wider than normal but it appears that they lose a bit of interior space to the stairs descending past the Dining Room to Lower Promenade...

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE - I DID SEE THOSE (THE SIDE-FACING STATEROOMS AT THE AFT OF THE SHIP) ON THE DECKPLAN - WAS UNABLE TO TELL JUST EXACTLY HOW FAR BACK THE BALCONY EXTENDED - AM HOPING TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS STAYED IN ONE OF THEM ---

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE - I DID SEE THOSE (THE SIDE-FACING STATEROOMS AT THE AFT OF THE SHIP) ON THE DECKPLAN - WAS UNABLE TO TELL JUST EXACTLY HOW FAR BACK THE BALCONY EXTENDED - AM HOPING TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS STAYED IN ONE OF THEM ---

Back in 2004 I had cabins BC 218 and BA 220... in the BA 220 the balcony is twice as long. it was real nice

Back in 2004 I had cabins BC 218 and BA 220... in the BA 220 the balcony is twice as long. it was real nice

THANK YOU !! - BA 220 WAS ONE OF THE ONES THAT I WAS LOOKING AT (ON THE DECK PLANS) - IT'S GOOD TO HEAR THAT I WAS LOOKING AT THE DIAGRAMS CORRECTLY (AND THAT THE BALCONIES ARE LONGER) -

COULD YOU TELL IF THE SIZE OF THE ROOM WAS AFFECTED BY THE STAIRCASE THAT YOU SEE ON THE DECK PLAN ?

THANK YOU !! - BA 220 WAS ONE OF THE ONES THAT I WAS LOOKING AT (ON THE DECK PLANS) - IT'S GOOD TO HEAR THAT I WAS LOOKING AT THE DIAGRAMS CORRECTLY (AND THAT THE BALCONIES ARE LONGER) -

COULD YOU TELL IF THE SIZE OF THE ROOM WAS AFFECTED BY THE STAIRCASE THAT YOU SEE ON THE DECK PLAN ?

I really don't recall the cabin size being affected. However even if it is, I think the Balcony makes up for it. Since we had adjoining cabins that cruise I really wasn't paying attention to the size of our cabins that week... sorry I wish i could be more help to you...

I stayed in BA205 on the Ryndam this fall when she was in Alaska. There was no change in cabin size and the huge verandah was a bonus. In fact we spent a lot of time out there. You can actually see right across the back of the ship to the other side.

2660383100086199872S500x500Q85.jpg

2293799480086199872S500x500Q85.jpg

2344296010086199872S500x500Q85.jpg

2402737790086199872S500x500Q85.jpg

We just came back from Nov. 10 cruise in BA 220 and our friends were in BA 205. We loved the aft cabin and we could see the wake of the ship. Our sunset pictures are wonderful and we could wave at our buddies across the stern. Was quick to go back and forth on the aft deck from one cabin to another. One caveat: Those cabins have doors that can be adjoining to the next door cabin. We had no problem with ours, but our friends had a cigar smoker next to them and it was awful. They not only couldn't use their verandah when he was out, but the smoke infiltrated their cabin through that door. I never leave home without duct tape and so they taped their door and that did help along with a wet towel across the bottom. HAL wasn't very helpful in this situation as smokers have rights, too. One evening their cabin actually had a haze in it. I was a little slow remembering the tape ( I bring it to repair suitcases if necessary) or they could have remedied the situation sooner. We used our verandah to avoid the smoke. You'll love the location and you'll walk off calories getting to and from the elevator/stairs!! joyous

• 3 weeks later...

Great images. When I upload photos to the board, they are much smaller. If I try to increase them, I get a message on size limitations.

Bill

I stayed in BA205 on the Ryndam this fall when she was in Alaska. There was no change in cabin size and the huge verandah was a bonus. In fact we spent a lot of time out there. You can actually see right across the back of the ship to the other side.

2660383100086199872S500x500Q85.jpg

2293799480086199872S500x500Q85.jpg

2344296010086199872S500x500Q85.jpg

2402737790086199872S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived