Christian's walkng tours or Mr Miles by car

Fogfog

Ok

Tell me what you have done and which you think will give us the flavor of the real Cartagena..

I am contacting Christian who does walking tours and Mr Miles (the Emerald man)

We are a party of 4 so unless we find roll call people to make us 6-8--

We'd be 4 in a car with a driver...

or 4 on a walking tour of the historic city...

Is it important to do lunch locally--or is there a mid-morning snack (like Italian merenda) thats more convenient with touring..

We're in port 7am-4pm...

Any advice?:confused:

Fogfog, It might depend on who is in your group and how mobile they are. I have read great reviews about both so I don't think you can go wrong with either. I guess the main difference is that Mr. Miles is vehicle based and Christian Martinez is walking based. I have booked with Martinez as I liked the idea of some exercise and walking through the streets. We likely won't physically see as much as we won't have the mobility of a vehicle. Another consideration may be the heat. Not sure how humid it will be. There are four of us doing the walking tour and we all like to be active but not everyone may like/be able to walk for three/four hours. Food for thought.

Deb.

Humm

ok current conditins

Current conditions as of 2:00 pm COT

Feels Like: 93° Barometer: 29.82 in and falling Humidity: 66% Visibility: 6.21 mi Dewpoint: 73° Wind: NNE 9 mph Sunrise: 6:04 am Sunset: 5:38 pm pretty warm...and humid--though not as bad as summer here in Fl!

• 3 weeks later...

We went with Lee Myles 2 weeks ago and had a great day. We took the van (we had 16 people) to the fort for a photo stop only, to the monestary, and 2 shopping stops. Then we did a walking tour of the old city with stops at several churches and The Gold Museum. Lee will customize the tour and do whatever you want. Claudia our guide was very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. We did not stop for lunch. Our tour lasted about 5 ½ hours, we returned at 1:30 and had lunch on the ship. It was a great day. I highly reccomend this tour.

Archived