Man falls 50 feet on Majesty - Emergency stop made

CruisinMatt

just how combative can someone be after falling

5 storie s?:confused:

Actually after a head injury(and 5 stories would certainly give you that!:eek:) People are usually combative. Head injury/combative kind of go hand in hand.

I just got home from this trip!!! I was discussing yesterday that in the middle of the night (Friday after 1am (this was when i went to sleep) I heard the captain on the loudspeaker stating "Attention crew, code alpha!". Then I heard some ladies walking past my door speaking to each other in inquisitive tones. I was half asleep so since I didn't hear anything further so I thought nothing more of it.

I can't believe that though. Especially since we still got to port on time!

We were on a different line in Bermuda this summer (late June) docked next to the Majesty. We heard rumors of a death on the ship the day before. We watched the Bermuda news that night and they reported on a 22-year-old man, intoxicated, who tried to slide down an interior banister railing and fell five stories, landing on his head and dying.

Maybe I am wrong, but if the story above is true that said he fell to a WOODEN deck,that rules out the stairwell and leans towards the outside deck, yes?

And WHY do people always jump to the conclusion that alcohol is to blame. Stupidity, ego, etc is often to blame.

And WHY do people always jump to the conclusion that alcohol is to blame. Stupidity, ego, etc is often to blame.

The reason people have "jumped" to the conclusion that alcohol was involved is that at 4am the most likely reason he would be up and walking around the ship is he was drunk and the bar closed. Anything is possible but as a 24 year old I can say I don't know many people my age who like to get up at 4am...and the only other reason to be up at that hour is if you were at the bar all night. It's an educated guess, not stupidity.

Maybe I am wrong, but if the story above is true that said he fell to a WOODEN deck,that rules out the stairwell and leans towards the outside deck, yes?

I think you're mixing up two different incidents. The latest incident said the young man fell 8 stories to a wooden deck below and he seemed intoxicated. The second incident happened in Bermuda and the story in the Royal Gazette stated this young man was intoxicated, tried to slide down an interior bannister, fell and died. Seems alcohol WAS involved in both cases.

... It's an educated guess, not stupidity.

My comment about STUPIDITY was related to the idiot that feel, not your educated guess - which by the way is probably correct. When you add in macho, ego and stupidity along with drinking, bad things happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Just off Majesty and they had someone at all times "guarding" the middle stair areas where there is a larger space. I was told by one of the NCL staff on guard that "this is what happens when you drink too much". There were nets on all of the areas like this when we boarded then they installed the additional rails similar to the hand rails durring the cruise. In my opinion I think they did a great job - looks like it was there all along.

Survival of the fittest. I drove home though Dallas traffic, not even on the freeways. It took less than 30 minutes for the " brand new, today! " HOV lanes to have a major collision (radio traffic reports).

G-d bless us all; Merry Christmas to everyone!

Any "Walton's fans"?

Archived