Man falls 50 feet on Majesty - Emergency stop made

CruisinMatt

I agree -- way too early to speculate about what happened. I am beginning to wonder, however, why these accidents keep happening on the Majesty. Haven't there been at least 2 or 3 serious falls on the Majesty this year :confused: ??

I haven't sailed on the Majesty either. I seem to remember reading not too long ago about a teen-age or maybe even younger girl who fell a long distance on an inside stairaway. That's what prompted my question about a possibly dangerous situation on the Majesty.

There is not a large enough atrium on the Majesty, but I have seen a photo of an interior stairwell that wraps around an open space that goes down 4 or 5 stories. There have been falls there at least twice before, including a 22-yr old who died this past June. Looks like one would have to try to slide down on the banister to fall. Sad but true. Maybe this time NCL will decide to put some sort of barriers to block the drop.

Majesty has an opening about six feet by three feet in each stairwell, that runs from the top to bottom.

A while back a drunk guy fell down it and died, after a night in Bermuda.

It is not something you would fall over by accident - it's a regular rail, but if you tried to slide down it and slipped, it would be all over.

I have seen some cruise lines put big metal studs on the rails to discourage sliding. Any guy who tried it would end up singing falsetto!

I feel sorry for the family. I hope bumps can be added to prevent "foolish" people from attempting something stupid.

This reminds me of the man who I saw climb over the guard rail on the US side of Niagra Falls and his wife handed him their baby. He held the baby over the falls and the wife took the picture. Security arrived and the police. They arrested the man.

We were on the Majesty in July a couple of weeks after the young man died after falling down the stairwell. I was near that same stairwell when I saw three young boys aged 9-11 yrs old playing on the stairs. The older boy was climbing on the the banister and I went over and had a little talk with them and told them what happened a couple of weeks before. The older boy started talking rather fresh and showing off for the younger boys so I directed my converstion to the younger boys and begged them to leave the stairwell. They did leave but I went and found a couple of security guards and explained the situation. They took off and tried to find the boys. My question - where were their parents?

We were on the Majesty in July a couple of weeks after the young man died after falling down the stairwell. I was near that same stairwell when I saw three young boys aged 9-11 yrs old playing on the stairs. The older boy was climbing on the the banister and I went over and had a little talk with them and told them what happened a couple of weeks before. The older boy started talking rather fresh and showing off for the younger boys so I directed my converstion to the younger boys and begged them to leave the stairwell. They did leave but I went and found a couple of security guards and explained the situation. They took off and tried to find the boys. My question - where were their parents?

Unfortunately, there are parents who think, "We're on a ship, the kids can't go anywhere so what can happen to them?"

I was on the Majesty during President's Week and saw many unaccompanied children at all hours. Quite a few seemed to be congregating in and around the stairwells.:(

The children can be annoying, but do you notice, it's always the adults who do the really, really stupid things. Maybe there should be no unsupervised adults allowed! :D

My husband works in the legal field, and I'm in customer service. After 22 years of this, I'm convinced that some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Yeah, buddy ........... We're in Charleston now, boarding the Majesty tomorrow .......... I am supervised ....... My wife is with me, but she is "many drinks" ahead of me !!

I am so envious... we'll be there in May on the way to beautiful Bermuda.

Have fun!

Prop s to the Majesty..they don t water down

the drink s :D ..my bad..:p

people really have to start taking ownership of their

familie s and themselve s even on a cruise ship..

as much as the crew trie s to attend to the need s

of the passenger s..THEY ARE NOT BABYSITTERS

for the ship adult population..

This is just another example of someone having too much to drink -- how else could something like this happen?

Let me see if I can find the picture I took of the stairwell on the Majesty where I suspect this happened...

Sorry, I can't find it...

Judge not neither shall you be judged.

Archived