How do I get a visa for China?

Dorothy & Morty

We got our visas from China by going to the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC. Fortunately my daughter lives right outside of DC and was able to go there to get them. If you don't live near an embassy or consulate you may need to use a visa service as I don't think you can do them by mail.

Most ships do not handle such visas. I am going to South America on the 10th on Azamara and we had to handle our own visas. Fortunately Brazil lets you do it by mail to your nearest consultate.

I got my China visa by mail, but that's been many years ago...If your cruise has more than one stop in China, you will need an entry visa equal to the number of visits. For instance, if the cruise goes to Beijing (or whatever port is for Beijing) and Shanghai, you will need a two entry visa. If you fail to get the double entry visa, they won't let you ashore at the second port. EM

I've had to obtain visas for China on two different occassions. Both times I chose to go through a visa service since it requires you to send off your passport along with a photo and all the paperwork. I use Zeier (sp?) at zvs.com. The web site has a download of everything you need.

Archived