weather in feb.

ajrs

headed on our first cruise in feb on vos. ports are cozumel, grand cayman and jamaica. what are the temps like in feb? it's hard to imagine warmth right now, as it's about 30 and snowing here in western new york! is it warm enough to swim? lots of rain? any info would be great, thanks.

The Caribbean does not have season beyond gorgeous, rain, hurricane and back the gorgeous. Feb used to be high season because the weather is so wonderful with little humidity and nice temps in the 80's. You will love it.

In 06 we went at the end of January and it was perfect. We went snorkling in Grand Cayman, climbed the falls in Jamaica and shopping in Cozumel. I got a major sunburn too. I remember sitting near the pool thinking that I can't believe it was the end of January, and it was 83 degrees out. I know what you mean about hard to imagine. It is 25 degrees and 17" of snow on the ground right now in Maine. I can't wait until this January to go again.

Have a wonderful cruise.:D

headed on our first cruise in feb on vos. ports are cozumel, grand cayman and jamaica. what are the temps like in feb? it's hard to imagine warmth right now, as it's about 30 and snowing here in western new york! is it warm enough to swim? lots of rain? any info would be great, thanks.

According to Yahoo weather the averages in February are as follows:

Cozumel: Average high of 84 and low of 68.

Montego Bay (Jamaica): Average high of 82 and low of 72.

George Town (Cayman Islands): Average of 81 low of 73.

Sure beats New York! :)

One thing. If you are sailing Voyager out of Galveston, you might encounter some cold air the first day or so (and the last full day) until you get close to the Yucatan Peninsula, especially if a cold front goes through Galveston.

Hopefully, the weather will be gorgeous. :D

Will you be sailing w/ me on the 3rd or later on the 17th?

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised at the end of February/beginning of March this year. Our weather was perfect! :) Before we left home (West Virginia), the weather report called for rain each day of our cruise. Fortunately, we didn't get any rain! It was very warm... perfect for beach days. As a previous poster noted, it was on the cool side when we left Pt. Canaveral (not cold, just capris with a sweater chilly for me). This wasn't a big deal as we spent our departure day exploring the ship, drinking a few cocktails, eating, and drinking a few more cocktails... ;)

I wish you all the weather we had!!!

PS Need to note that we hit high seas the first night... smooth as glass the rest of the trip.

I think I'm the only one who didn't have good weather on a February cruise. A couple of years ago we sailed out of Tampa to Grand Cayman, Costa Rica, Cozumel, and Costa Maya. It rained when we left, rained the first day at sea, we almost missed Grand Cayman because of winds (couldn't swim because the seas were too rough), it rained in Costa Rica, it rained in Costa Maya, and it poured in Cozumel. The only day of sun was our last day at sea. But we still had a great cruise -- it's all what you make of it. My husband blamed it on me :D . While the Northeast was getting hammered with snow, the front extended all the way down to Central America so we got rain and waves. Here are the pictures to prove it!! Check out the long pants and jackets in Costa Maya!

1110506529_LOSCostaMaya.jpg.24f83d33546e1acb5ab428bfba3fa1fe.jpg

51211408_LOSinRaininCozumel.jpg.6d20daeda21a785e3a0a932cc1ea4634.jpg

1560843981_NCLBelize.jpg.b688ed383d226d7787194af46011845f.jpg

thanks for all the info! i feel much better. and yes, we are flying in to tx the day before for the feb 17th sailing.

ajrs, we'll be on the same trip! We're coming from the Seattle area though but, flying into Houston on the 16th just the same as you. It's my (and my family's) first cruise so, I'm pretty darned excited. Oldest daughter was born in Houston and we haven't been back to Texas since she was 3 so, we're taking a day before and a day after the cruise to "say Hi" to an old friend. Too bad it's not crawfish season. It's the only thing I really miss about Texas.

But, I digress...

Maybe we'll run into each other. (tee-hee, yeah right. With all those people on board I'll be lucky if I don't lose my husband)

I think I'm the only one who didn't have good weather on a February cruise.

Feb05 wasn't that warm either. We had some really freezing days in FLA before we left. The swimming on the first few days on deck was a little chilly. By the time we got to the Carribean, it was beautiful. In the 80's. We did have some pretty high swells that made us miss an island.

Archived