Room Safes

jeno

We will be on the QV World in "steerage". I am assuming that there willl be a safe in our cabin. How secure do you think "in cabin" safes are? Is it possible to get a safe deposit box at the purser's desk? Thanks for any insight on this. Jeanne

In my experience you get an in cabin safe even in steerage.:)

I have no problems with them and they seem safe. You make up your own combination. If you enter it wrong enough times ( 2 or 3) it locks and you have to call the purser and security comes and opens it for you.

I don't know about safe deposit boxes..but I am sure some one does.

Denise

Thanks Denise,

I am sure we do get a safe. I just thought that the people in the grill classes might get a super duper safe. I never doubted it before, but I have heard from some people that they are not very secure. See you soon! Jeanne

Yes locking it helps, you do get a safe in streerage, and you can either swipe a credit card or somethig with a metalic strip or use a pin number, pin is best, I supose they are easy for the right person to crack, lol, but in general I dont think they attract burglars, you will security if you forget your number.

I have to say that anything I have ever left in the cabin has always been safe, not many people have access to the cabin and if something went missing, it has to be on the ship somewhere.

I would worry too much enjoy your cruise

rob

You are, I believe, a steerage passenger :eek: and are thus being rather over-familiar; kindly don't speak until spoken to.

Cat - you are not even a passenger. You can't even claim to be livestock since your meeting with Bear :)

And a handy little tip that came up a while ago - take a worthless card with a magnetic strip (eg Tesco clubcard) to secure the safe.

Mary

Can I use my Cats' Protection League card ? It's certainly worthless?

David

To put the thread back on topic the safes are secure. The only problem with them is that they are not airtight - you can't use them for killing cats (you need a dog by the name of Bear for that:) )

Okay, they aren't airtight. But they are cat-tight. So you book a MI as well as a Q2, put the cat in the safe in the MI, and retire to your Q2. Wait for the complaints about the smell.........

Matthew

To put the thread back on topic the safes are secure. The only problem with them is that they are not airtight - you can't use them for killing cats (you need a dog by the name of Bear for that:) )

Still delusional I see. Perhaps your loooonnnnnnggggggg upcoming journey will bring you back to your senses. You will no doubt be in the debt of a certain cat when you return if you ever wish to have your identity returned.:D

HRH

I know, you sleep in our bath!:D

Sharon

Sharon, when we've been acquainted for a little longer you'll realise that the person in the bath will be you. I shall have the queen-size bed. Still, the good news from your point of view is that you don't have to wait to speak until spoken to, as you're not steerage.:)

Sir Martinxx

Think of the next unfortunate occupant of the cabin.

Imagine opening the safe to place your valuables in it only to find a putrescent, rancid blob of orange slime already there.

What tip would the steward then expect to clean up the mess? Does the auto-tip cover it?

David

Think of the next unfortunate occupant of the cabin.

Imagine opening the safe to place your valuables in it only to find a putrescent, rancid blob of orange slime already there.

What tip would the steward then expect to clean up the mess? Does the auto-tip cover it?

David

Use the toilet brush.

Don't want to leave a mess for the steward to have to clean up!

Anon

Archived