Favorite Princess Ship

wdonnieb

Which ship is your favorite?  

388 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship is your favorite?

[QUOTE][b][color=#8b0000]Was the Regal, now the Coral... Layout and staffing perfect.. [/color][/b] [/QUOTE] [font='Bookman Old Style']Did you by any chance write up a review, or do you have any impressions you’d like to pass along? Thinking of Island Princess in the spring and I’m wondering how she’ll hold up to my favorite Regal…?[/font][font='Bookman Old Style'][/font]

I vote for the Coral Princess as an overall ship. It has all the attributes I like in the Sun Class and Grand Class combined in a great size ship!

Though having done both the Coral and Dawn to Alaska - I did prefer the Dawn Princess in Alaska.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's how the votes break down, after 226 responses:

Diamond/Sapphire - 5340 berthss, 17.3% of Princess total berths, gets 10.6% of votes cast

Island/Coral - 3940 cabins, 12.8% of Princess total berths, gets 13.7%

Grand class inc. Caribbean - 13510 cabins, 43.8% of total berths, gets 28.3%

Tahitian/Island - 1360 berths, 4.4% of total berths, gets 8.0% of votes cast

Sun/Dawn - 3900 berths, 12.7% of total Princess berths, gets 23.0% of votes cast

Regal - 1590 berths, 5.2% of total berths, gets 9.8% of votes cast

Royal - 1200 berths, 3.9% of total berths, gets 6.6% of votes cast

The smaller ships get a disproportionately high number of votes based on their lower berth capacity. I included only lower berths because uppers are mostly used by children who are too young to vote. Regal Princess gets the highest loyalty rating ratio at 1.9 (defined as percentage of votes received divided by percentage of berths the ship/class represents). Tahitian/Island and Sun-class ships come in a close second at 1.8. Oddly, the Island/Coral don't get the same loyalty as the Sun-class ships although they are similar in many respects.

At this juncture, the Regal Princess is the favorite Princess ship!

And yes, it's a little slow around here today...:D

I didn't get in on the vote but I really liked the Royal, sailed on her twice, 86 and 2001 fifteen yrs. later still great! I also liked the original Love Boats, Island/Pacific, on a longer cruise you would get to know so many people!

However, I was on the Golden and liked her real well, too! :-) Only Princess ship I didn't care for was the Crown, hard to understand all those votes for the Regal. I just didn't care for the layout of those two ships, I felt like I was in a capsule of sorts!

I can't wait to try the Sun class when I sail on the Sea Princess next year!

• 3 weeks later...
I voted for the Regal, since that is the only Princess ship that I have been on. Will be going on the Coral in April so my mind may change. I loved the Regal though. I have never been on a really bad cruise. I think the worst was on the Independance in 1990. It wasn't the ship so much as the crew.:) I was use to the Italian crew on Sitmar. The American crew weren't as personable.:p Delores

• 7 months later...
I vote for the Coral. I have been on her twice (Alaska and Panama Canal) and like the mid-size ship that it is. I have been on larger ships (Grand) and a HAL ship and to me the Coral is my favorite. I would like to go on her again someday.

Ray

So far I've been on the Sun and Crown (the old one) - getting ready to get on the Golden next Saturday. I absolutely loved the Crown - layout of public rooms was magnificent. For the same reason, the Sun is not among my favorites - lounge where piano is set up is very poor - people constantly walking through - like a main lobby. Not having been on the Golden - my mind might change.

I guess to answer your question - since the Crown is no longer in service (anxiously awaiting the new Crown) I would have to vote for its sister ship - the Regal.

I, too, vote for the Regal - elegant interior, nice size, great minisuites. I've sailed on the Star, Dawn and Diamond (too big!) also, and I'm very sorry the Regal is leaving the fleet.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived