Conquest about to leave galveston-weekly web visit !

rob6465

I wish someone on board would get online ;)

I agree!! What's up with those inconsiderate people, anyway??? ;)

I'm betting they're all having WAY too much fun on the Lido Deck!!

Anyone remember how Carnival got named 'The Fun Ships'???? :D

May I presume y'all are "watching the Harbor Cam??

Decks ablaze in huge white light, and bow lines still attached at what appears to be 19:02 hours??

Well, my daughter and grandkids just left, and the ship is STILL there!! I wonder what time they will get to leave, IF they get to leave?? I would be onboard having fun anyway!!:D

Hi Mach...I should know the answer to this...I am reading "Selling the Sea" by Dickenson...annnnnnd I had the good fortune a few weeks ago to sit in on an on-line interview with Dickenson.

Let me take a stab at this....in the beginning the line was started with one little ship and trying to reach a new "cruise market" they advertised the cruise as a "vacation" instead of a cruise...and the "fun" of vacationing on a ship instead of land...then "fun" kind of stuck and they incorporated it into their slogan..."that's my story and I stickin to it"...:D

Hi Mach...I should know the answer to this...I am reading "Selling the Sea" by Dickenson...annnnnnd I had the good fortune a few weeks ago to sit in on an on-line interview with Dickenson.

Let me take a stab at this....in the beginning the line was started with one little ship and trying to reach a new "cruise market" they advertised the cruise as a "vacation" instead of a cruise...and the "fun" of vacationing on a ship instead of land...then "fun" kind of stuck and they incorporated it into their slogan..."that's my story and I stickin to it"...:D

That sounds good, but to my memory it came about when the Carnival Mardi Gras ran aground on a sand bar on her maiden voyage out of the Port of Miami in 1972. The Captain, being rather quick witted, had the crew open the bars and bought the drinks! The captain of another vessel passing by heard all the ruckus from the ship, radioed the captain of the Mardi Gras and made the comment 'Now, THAT'S a fun ship!'... At least that's the story that I've heard quite a few times at the Past Guest receptions!!!

:D

Its 6:24pm here in Phoenix and I am still here. Need to get a life Maybe????????????

Robb

You aren't the only one!! I watched it dock at noon our time and I am still watching at 730 p.m. I have done laundry, cooked supper, done dishes, run out to drop papers off to recycling and I'm back here!!!!

I agree!! What's up with those inconsiderate people, anyway??? ;)

I'm betting they're all having WAY too much fun on the Lido Deck!!

This is why they call it the funships. Adult only warning. LOL. http://**************************************

That sounds good, but to my memory it came about when the Carnival Mardi Gras ran aground on a sand bar on her maiden voyage out of the Port of Miami in 1972. The Captain, being rather quick witted, had the crew open the bars and bought the drinks! The captain of another vessel passing by heard all the ruckus from the ship, radioed the captain of the Mardi Gras and made the comment 'Now, THAT'S a fun ship!'... At least that's the story that I've heard quite a few times at the Past Guest receptions!!! :D

Hi Mach...I do remember something about that in the book...but all I could think of was their marketing plan and thought "what a great idea"...so that is what got stuck in my head. I am just going on my second Carnival cruise so have not been to the past guest recpition...I will definately pay attention when I go...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRR viewpost.gif

Decks ablaze in huge white light, and bow lines still attached at what appears to be 19:02 hours??

Well, my daughter and grandkids just left, and the ship is STILL there!! I wonder what time they will get to leave, IF they get to leave?? I would be onboard having fun anyway!!:D

Well, that didn't really answer my question, but for lack of a better one, I'll just play along and think that I'm looking at a cuise ship tied to the dock...:rolleyes:

Hi Mach...I do remember something about that in the book...but all I could think of was their marketing plan and thought "what a great idea"...so that is what got stuck in my head. I am just going on my second Carnival cruise so have not been to the past guest recpition...I will definately pay attention when I go...:D

You should hear it as part of the presentation either just prior to or after the Senior Staff are introduced. On my last sailing on the Conquest the cruise director, Butch Begovich, had the crowd whipped up into a pretty amazing frenzy when he told that story! Of course, everyone had been sucking down free drinks for the last 45 minutes so they were pretty well primed!!!

:D

It looks like the fog is worse now? I know when we went on our Conquest cruise we drove up an Ecstacy was still there. That was a surprise to 2 Carnival ships there. It was supposed to leave the day before. Soemone told us it had been fogged in and they hadnt left yet because they had been letting the passengers off and on. it left at 12 noon. Maybe Conquest cant leave till in the morning. That would be a bummer.

You should hear it as part of the resentation either just prior to or after the Senior Staff are introduced. On my last sailing on the Conquest the cruise director, Butch Begovich, had the crowd whipped up into a pretty amazing frenzy when he told that story! Of course, everyone had been sucking down free drinks for the last 45 minutes so they were pretty well primed!!! :D

Thanks Mach...will Butch still be the CD in February? I have heard that he is a lot of fun...and boy I dooooo love those free drinks....:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDRR viewpost.gif

Well, that didn't really answer my question, but for lack of a better one, I'll just play along and think that I'm looking at a cuise ship tied to the dock...:rolleyes:

Uh, yes, we are watching the Harbor Cam. I'm sorry, did I quote YOUR post when I did that reply? I guess I'm confused...:confused: Wouldn't be the first time...:D

Thanks Mach...will Butch still be the CD in February? I have heard that he is a lot of fun...and boy I dooooo love those free drinks....:D

I dunno... I know Butch really loves the Conquest. John Heald promised me an updated list of cruise director assignments for 2008. I'll post it here as soon as I get it.

Archived