Quick Hello From Voyageur - Dec 7-14th

Robroy

Thought I'd drop a quick line to give our overall impression of the Voyageur - it is absolutely wonderful! The service/food/ambience have surpassed our expecations. Food is excellent - service outstanding - cabin service excellent - couldn't ask for more. Signatures was a lovely evening - we've been in Compass Rose every other day although we'll try La Veranda tonite for a change. Wine and overall beverage service is exceptional and certainly the "free pour" situation in the dining venues is just that!

It'll certainly take some time to put together a review but just wanted to say thank you for the good insights many have offered over the past few months and we will certainly be back. As a matter of fact, we have just found our favorite cruise line!

Rob

Hi,Rob, we're on also and having a great time. For those unfortunates at home, this cruise will see the presentation of three new shows and another having only its second performance. The ship has everyone involved in the production teams, from producers to seamstress, so it is a rather "artsy" group of passengers. The idea of the new shows is to keep them simple, with no big sets, so Regent doesn't have to run them for three years to amortize the cost of the production. This will allow new shows to be introduced more often. The canned music has also been eliminated with the upsizing of the orchestra to nine musicians who will play for all the shows. The singers are also singing live. Later this week they will premier a new show that is a book musical with only two performers. That should be interesting. Another new show will be introduced next week, giving the ship five entirely new productions.

I'm also running into an unusual number of Crystal regulars who are on their first cruise, usually due to recommendations from friends. They all seem to think they will become loyal members of the Seven Seas Society.:)

I love the all inclusive. It's raining here in San Juan, but as we spent three or four days in SJ last year when we took Navigator, we figure it's better to stay on board and enjoy the ship rather than get wet. I'm off to the Horizon Lounge to continue working my way through the cocktail menu.

Hi Folks!

Back again - in St. Thomas today. Hello to HVSteve1 also! Nice day today but we've had some interesting weather courtesy of "Olga" and it sounds like we're going to enjoy more of her offerings over the next couple of days. Our stewardess said everything will be battened down later this afternoon so it sounds like we're in for more rock and roll without the musical accompaniment! Princess Cay might be dodgy based on what I see on StormCarib.com but then again - we're on a cruise ship - how bad can things be???

We're continuing to be impressed with everything this ship has to offer and it just seems to keep getting better.

Now if we could only adjust the weather a little bit.......!

Rob

We will be onboard in a few weeks and are wondering if they have gotten the new TVs' working yet. We love to watch movies late at night.

Hope the weather holds out for you and you keep enjoying our favorite ship.

By the way, is Frankie Holiday still entertaining up in the Observation Lounge?

Oh my god. Here we go, a hurricane! Poor you. But I admit, I'm more worried about poor me, heading down there on the next trip on Voyager! I wonder if it's bad in the Yucatan by Saturday, will they just make this an eastern instead of a western trip! Oh well, a week on Voyager is great, no matter what.

Loved reading about your cruise on the Voyager. . . really hope the weather improves (we were in the Yucatan yesterday -- beautiful weather). Just curious -- was there any feedback from passengers about the sale of Regent to Apollo? We are not a bit concerned -- in fact, just booked a 2009 cruise.

Keep posting!

We've had gorgeous weather today at Princess Cay and a great finish to the trip. Evidently Olga was last seen heading toward Cozumel so hopefully next the next cruise won't find any remnants....

Full review coming up on the weekend!

Rob

Robroy --

We, too, were on the Voyager 12/7-14 cruise. We heard a rumor that the two women who they paged as we were leaving GT and were also paged in ST, actually were left in ST. Having been warned once, they got left the second time. Did you hear anything about that?

We were at the staff captain's table one night, and he confirmed they did not reboard the ship in St. Thomas. It seems that was their choice. If not that, then their carelessness. The ship waited an extra half-hour for them, but had to leave after that.

SCM -

We heard about this from Jamie Logan. He confirmed they did miss the ship and would have to pick up their luggage in Ft. Lauderdale plus be responsible for all costs incurred to return there.

Hope they had a good time!!!

Rob

p.s. What a great trip though, eh? Still sorting through things and get a brief review together this week.

Rob -- a cruise full of serendipities. Meeting some other Canadians, besides you, was one of them (my wife's father was Canadian). Did you get to the Canadian party?

If I can get through the 400 unread e-mails that piled up, I will get a review written as well, although I agree with much of what you said earlier.

We were also on this cruise, our first on Regent. The Wi-Fi in our room was very good. So much progress in a few years. We enjoyed Lattitudes a lot. This surprised us a little based on some comments. Mary Ann, our room attendent was soooo good. Service in CR was mixed. Felix introduced himself and remembered our name each time we saw him. Others hardly said a word past asking for our order. Food was very good, with much heavier spicing then on Celebrity.

The ship was fairly stable in the storm, but the room creaked and groaned, and made loud noises - as if the ship were about to snap in two. The bolt that attached the table to the floor was loose, and the table rocked, and the shower door kept opening and banging against the toilet.

Overall a great trip.

Yeah, kinda sounded like a ghost ship those nights. I managed to buy the last set of earplugs in the boutique and that helped. I think the suite is so loud because of all the woodwork. The wood rubbing sounds sort of like the old wooden ships in those pirate movies. With your shower door banging open, you sound like you were far forward or astern.

Actually we were pretty close to dead center, mid 930's, but we were "lucky" enough to skirt the 10th named storm in December since 1851, Olga. The ship really was pretty stable, but the noise makes you think otherwise - perception is reality!!!

Archived