Anyone been on Celebrity w/ 12 yr old

JSR

Hi!

Our DD and her friend are cruising with us this Saturday. I have been concerned for awhile about the fact that 12 yr olds are in the kids program and not the teen program. Can anyone with first hand experiene, tell me about thier 12 yr old's experience on an M class Celebrity ship. DD has not done the kids club in the last couple of cruises as she has really out grown it. We are new to Celebrity but not to cruising or traveling.

Thanks for the help...I know I am just being a nervous nelly here....:eek:

Our children are older now but they were in the program on Celebrity ships many times. Celebrity does a nice job with their programs. It's always a challenge where to break the age groups off. Clearly some children are more mature than others. My experience is that children have a wonderful time in the program. If one is on the older side that's fine as well. I wouldn't worry about a thing and more importantly spend the time looking forward to your cruise.

Keith

We sail the 17th--with a 12 yr old and 14 1/2 yr old boys--

So will compare notes with you at the end of the month.

Our last cruise younger DS was 10 but also too mature for the kids groups he was assigned to but too young and not mature enough to hang with the teens.

Hoping that both of our guys enjoy meeting kids their ages

Depending on how many kids are on board- they may combine some age groups. Something tells me the week of the 17th- won't be as busy as the 22nd! So there may be some interaction between the two age groups. These things are supervised-so its not like there can't be.

However, kids 12 and 14 are probably not going to want to participate much in planned activities. They will meet kids by the pool and make new friends.

Archived