Golden CD

lois1112

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all - currently on the Golden until February 2 when Billy Hygate will take over.

Billy will remain on board until the start of June, and then I will return.

In regards to a permanent assignment - as of now the Golden will be my assignment for the forseeable future. Princess does assign CDs to full time assignments - meaning we do our rotations four months on / two months off and then return back to the same vessel. It happens all the time. But it is not permanent -meaning staying on the same ship FOREVER no vacation ..... that would not be healthy - not to mention we would be disowned by our loved ones!

I am looking forward to Brett's arrival today - he replaces Deputy CD Paul Hancox - who is also incredible and has been very popular with the passengers. Although I have never had the pleasure of working with Brett, I hear great things! The team on the Golden is absoluetly superb - so I'm sure he will fit right in!

Of course, as always, that is the plan at the moment which is ALWAYS subject to change.

PAM IN MA - when are we going to get to sail together again?????

COLO-CRUISER - I'll drop you an email this week.

DREAMORONE-Paul's (or Pol as he says) last name is Hancox - PAUL ROCKS!!!

TEACHERGAL29 - If the rotation does not change I will be returning to Golden Dec. 1 , 2008 - but in cruise ship staffing that is like decades away!

Keep Cruising and I hope to sail with you all soon!

All the best - Rich Joseph CD

Hello to all - currently on the Golden until February 2 when Billy Hygate will take over.

Billy will remain on board until the start of June, and then I will return.

In regards to a permanent assignment - as of now the Golden will be my assignment for the forseeable future. Princess does assign CDs to full time assignments - meaning we do our rotations four months on / two months off and then return back to the same vessel. It happens all the time. But it is not permanent -meaning staying on the same ship FOREVER no vacation ..... that would not be healthy - not to mention we would be disowned by our loved ones!

I am looking forward to Brett's arrival today - he replaces Deputy CD Paul Hancox - who is also incredible and has been very popular with the passengers. Although I have never had the pleasure of working with Brett, I hear great things! The team on the Golden is absoluetly superb - so I'm sure he will fit right in!

Of course, as always, that is the plan at the moment which is ALWAYS subject to change.

COLO-CRUISER - I'll drop you an email this week.

DREAMORONE-Paul's (or Pol as he says) last name is Hancox - PAUL ROCKS!!!

TEACHERGAL29 - If the rotation does not change I will be returning to Golden Dec. 1 , 2008 - but in cruise ship staffing that is like decades away!

Keep Cruising and I hope to sail with you all soon!

Thank you for the info. I had been trying to find out who the CD would be for someone on our 2/2 Golden thread.

I had no idea you post on this board as well. You and Paul are a great team. We enjoyed the "show" you all put on for us New Year's Eve. I like the way Paul and his staff of 5 (or maybe 6) guys and gals who got the crowd going dancing the night away!

When I mentioned to my 8YO daughter that Paul left the ship today, my daughter said, it's not "Paul", but "Pol". I guess he left a big impression on her at the Muster Drill.

Thank you for a fun-filled cruise!

...I am looking forward to Brett's arrival today - he replaces Deputy CD Paul Hancox - who is also incredible and has been very popular with the passengers. Although I have never had the pleasure of working with Brett, I hear great things! The team on the Golden is absoluetly superb - so I'm sure he will fit right in!...

Hey Richard,

Tell Brett we (Derrick & Chris) will see him in 5 short weeks. Brett was the first Princess employee we met on our first cruise and we have been friends since. He's the reason we booked this cruise!

Sorry we won't meet you though.

We board this Saturday, and are thrilled that Brett will be there. Brett was one of the first Princess employees we met on our first cruise and he was great!

We haven't sailed with you, Richard, but are looking forward to it.

Bryan & Jani

Hey Rich...don't know if you remember me. We said with you on the Island, Panama Canal in 2004. We had a very large Cruise Critic group and you were wonderful. We were on the Golden in Novemeber and will be back in April/May. Where will you be when not on the Golden?

JoyceC

Just keep telling us where you are and we'll plan something. We're already planning our cruises well into 2009 so who knows? Would love to cruise with you again; you really are the best. :)

• 11 months later...

My it is quite a time we have keeping up with the CD's assignments

you are all so informative

does anyone know if Billy Hygate will be on the Golden for the April Hawaii run or how long will he be on the Sapphire ?

thanks so much

Seababe & Seabouy

Archived