Rccl Credit Card Points:: Can They Be Gifted???

kendy

My son plans to close his Rccl credit card account because of not being able to go on a cruise for the next several years. I am going on the Mariner in February. He has offered me his balance of 32,000 points on his account. Can he order the certificates for on board credit and then can I use them?? Has anyone ever done this?? Can it be done???

My son plans to close his Rccl credit card account because of not being able to go on a cruise for the next several years. I am going on the Mariner in February. He has offered me his balance of 32,000 points on his account. Can he order the certificates for on board credit and then can I use them?? Has anyone ever done this?? Can it be done???
Yes you can. I would have him request 2 15,000 point certificates. You'll get $300 OBC when you fill them out and send them to the address on the back.

He should check with the bank before he closes this account. There is no reasons to close it simply because he is not going to cruise. Unless the rates or terms are bad why would her close it, that doesn't make good business sense.

You'd better check before you get 2 $150 OBC certificates. I tried to do that recently because I had about 31000 points and wanted to maximixe my points value. I was told that you can only apply one certificate per sailing per cabin. It's possible that the rules have changed, but do check it out first. You may be better off getting one $250 OBC for 25,000 points as I did.

You'd better check before you get 2 $150 OBC certificates. I tried to do that recently because I had about 31000 points and wanted to maximixe my points value. I was told that you can only apply one certificate per sailing per cabin. It's possible that the rules have changed, but do check it out first. You may be better off getting one $250 OBC for 25,000 points as I did.

Not so. I've done it many times.

I hope they did not change the rules. I wanted to use 2 or 3 $150 coupons to reduce the price of the cruise -- basically to make it more cost effective to upgrade to a JS.

I hope they did not change the rules. I wanted to use 2 or 3 $150 coupons to reduce the price of the cruise -- basically to make it more cost effective to upgrade to a JS.
I know you can use more than 1 for OBC, but not sure about using multiples for cruise discount. If you have a TA, you would make them happy by not using your coupons to reduce the cost of your cruise. The reduction translates into lost commission.

I know you can use more than 1 for OBC, but not sure about using multiples for cruise discount. If you have a TA, you would make them happy by not using your coupons to reduce the cost of your cruise. The reduction translates into lost commission.
I send my TA enough business that this would not be a problem.

I If you have a TA, you would make them happy by not using your coupons to reduce the cost of your cruise. The reduction translates into lost commission.

Are you kidding? When you book a cruise you do it for yourself not to make a TA happy, however if you feel you would hurt a TA by using your credit just book directly with RCL.

I never take the money off the cruise price because I would lose 10% obc from the TA, by lowering the cruise portion. I maximize the money given to me from OBC with booking a future cruise certificate while on board, then using my visa and booking with a ta that gives obc. I have used multiple vouchers and just cash out at the end of the cruise and take the money home. Then I use that for the next cruise... Yes, have him get you the coupons. On the back you would fill in YOUR BOOKing number and the name on the certificate will be diff from your name so on the back you would also fill in your name and info asked for. Do not have him close out the account until weeks after.... I found out that they actually call VISA to verify that the points were used. A closed account will lose all of that info.

I send my TA enough business that this would not be a problem.

By using the certificates for the money off the cruise, you are taking money out of your TA's pocket. This will reduce or eliminate the incentive they give you if they do that. Using the certificates for OBC doesn't reduce your TA's commission.

I thought that i called and was told the person's name who is on the coupon muxt be in the cabin where the OBC is used.....I hope I was told wrong.....has anyone used OBC coupons that were issued to another person....thanks to all....CC is always so helpful.

Judy

By using the certificates for the money off the cruise, you are taking money out of your TA's pocket. This will reduce or eliminate the incentive they give you if they do that. Using the certificates for OBC doesn't reduce your TA's commission.

As I will be using it to book a JS rather than a D1 or D2, which I would book if I did not have the coupon, it is a wash or even a bit more per person for her. We've talked about this.

It looks like I may have been given incorrect information from CS. I know that's never happened to anyone before! :rolleyes: I'm glad you can apply two certificates from the RCCL credit card because I want to do that for my Med cruise in May.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived