Suite Beds

cactusrose

Mattresses are as bad (if not worse) that we have found in the minis. On the Dawn, the one thing we DID love was that our suite was not two twins pushed together but an actual queen bed. But it still needed TWO eggcrate mattress pads to make it tolerable. Funny, but the room steward had two new ones ready for us when we boarded, he said he knew how terrible the mattress was from previous passengers. With both mattress pads, it wasn't too bad, but far from what I would call a 'good' nites sleep.

Princess needs to bite the bullet and order new (real) beds.

I remember when they upgraded the minisuite beds. We had a minisuite and I made a comment to the room steward that these hadn't been upgraded yet and he informed me that they were upgraded a week or two earlier.

Princess needs to bite the bullet and order new (real) beds.

I remember when they upgraded the minisuite beds. We had a minisuite and I made a comment to the room steward that these hadn't been upgraded yet and he informed me that they were upgraded a week or two earlier.

Coral, same here, I couldn't wait to try the 'new upgraded mattresses', that is, until I found out that those were the upgraded mattresses. I honestly don't feel they are any better than the old ones. :( With so many of the other cruise lines now having the 'great mattress' wars, it's time for Princess to take notice and join the party. ;)

I like a firmer mattress, and found the upgraded bedding to be extremely comfortable.

Me too and most of the time Princess beds have been more like hammocks.:(

I hope the beds on The Golden will have been updated by February.;)

Mike:)

Guess we must have been lucky as we were in a full suite last week on the Golden. It was a queen size, with no center divider, both of us remarked that it was an extremely comfortable bed.

Wow! That is great news as we are on The Golden in a suite in 6 weeks and this will be the first time that we have had anything other than two twins pushed together.

Mike:)

The Coral still has the two beds pushed together--at least as of early Dec--in the suites. There was an egg crate mattress pad waiting under the bed, which we had the room steward put on when he made up the cabin the first evening. DH and I both like a firm mattress, but agree with previous posters that the Princess beds just do not stack up to what most hotels are using or what people have in their own homes. Time to do the right thing and get decent beds!

Archived