fee and tax change

robgvic

I received a notice from Princess about an increase of my fees and taxes for my cruise on Emerald Princess January 15. It was 0.82 USD. Anyone ever had this happen before. Seems rather cheap of Princess to assess an amount of so little but I guess it is convenient to be able to put it on my ship board account.

I received a notice from Princess about an increase of my fees and taxes for my cruise on Emerald Princess January 15. It was 0.82 USD. Anyone ever had this happen before. Seems rather cheap of Princess to assess an amount of so little but I guess it is convenient to be able to put it on my ship board account.
This happens all the time. I'm not sure why you think Princess is cheap for passing along increased port fees or taxes. Or, do you think they should eat the difference? Where would the cut-off line be if port charges and taxes were raised that Princess should pass on or pay themselves? As a passenger, it's your responsibility to pay the port charges and fees.

May seem cheap but mutiple that by thousands of cruisers and multiple increases each year and it does add up.

May seem cheap but mutiple that by thousands of cruisers and multiple increases each year and it does add up.

its cheap. It cost more than .82 to collect it. You even have a problem charging it and the credit card companies normally charge an extra fee for charging something under a dollar. What most cruise lines do is they accumulate it when it passes a certain amount they send it out. Less than a dollar per person they eat.

It is cheap. How silly to send me an email for under $1.00. They should eat this charge. It is silly and poor public relations to bill us for this. We have already paid in full and most cruise lines do not do this.

If Princess choses to eat the .82, they will lose a lot of money. It really doesnt sound like a lot but add it up. if a ship carries 3000 passangers, thats almost $2500. then multiply that by the amount of voyages that a given ship will take (say 52) 1 for each week of the year. thats almost $128,000 (per ship.) do you think any cruise line would be willing to or should eat that amount? as crazy as it sounds charging another .82, its necessary.

If Princess choses to eat the .82, they will lose a lot of money. It really doesnt sound like a lot but add it up. if a ship carries 3000 passangers, thats almost $2500. then multiply that by the amount of voyages that a given ship will take (say 52) 1 for each week of the year. thats almost $128,000 (per ship.) do you think any cruise line would be willing to or should eat that amount? as crazy as it sounds charging another .82, its necessary.

ok lets do the math. sending a letter just postage to 1500 passengers costs $600.00 in postage alone. making a phone call etc, writing an email. Posting the .82 cents accounting for it. The collection of this .82 costs more than this also. No one said you shouldn't collect it with the final payment if due, its only when the only amount billed is .82 after the person has made final payment so the numbers you use besides being all wet are out to sea.

What if the price of lettuce goes up?

Archived