Do you tip your T.A.?

Dee777

If you do, how much percentage wise? We booked a cruise for 17 people, and some are extending their cruise to rent a car and do Disney World, etc. She put in a lot of time, and had much patience fielding all of our questions, even welcomed us to contact her at her home email during her off time.

I would like to show our appreciation, but am not sure exactly how much to give her, and do not want to insult!

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Dee

This subject has come up before and from what I remember most people do not tip the TA. However, it sounds like your TA put a lot of work in so it would be nice to make some gesture. Personally I would not give a tip, I would send some champagne and flowers or bring a nice gift back.

Our TA goes above and beyond, but no, we do not tip her. We do try to bring back something appropriate from the region we have visited, like vanilla beans from Tahiti, a terra cotta warrior replica from China. It's mostly to let her know that we were thinking of her when we were off having a grand time due to her efforts.

I'll bet your TA would enjoy a thank you card signed by all 17 travellers, along with their sentiments. Sometimes a sincere thank you is gift enough.

Charlie

I agree.. no tipping the T.A. They get their commisions and if they do an outstanding job, you will use them again and recommend them to others. Their job is customer service and count on that word of mouth business.

We had 2 family cruises of over 18 people and after each we gave the T.A. a letter with all all appreciations. The T.A. uses parts of it for promotional literature. "Good for her business".

We have had excellent TAs over the years. We often have brought back gifts (a perfume we knew they liked, jewelry, etc.), we have taken our TAs out for dinner and given them holiday gifts as expressions of our appreciation for their service.

We give a doctor who provides excellent care gifts. We even give our cleaners t-shirts when we travel, they love being remembered. We take small gifts for staff at hotels, airline personnel and customer service staff on board ships.

The bottom line is people do love being appreciated and thanked for services or simply surprised by an act of thoughtfulness. Do what feels good for you.

My current TA became my TA by fixing someone else's mistake. I knew that she was going on a special trip a couple of weeks before we were so I gave her a journal to use as a keepsake. She was really touched and told me just the other day that she just used the journal again for her last vacation.

Karysa

Archived