Australia Visa Warning

lawra09

Prior to your cruise, be sure to check with your cruise line to make sure your Australian Visas are in order. Princess sent my t/a a fax notifying them of a problem with my husband's visa and that advised that we would have to take care of obtaining it ourselves. Unfortunately, my t/a failed to notify me and by chance, I called Princess to make sure everything was in order 2 weeks prior to our departure. When I was advised, I had to make numerous phone calls, e-mails, etc. and submit to new application and finally, 5 days before our departure, my husband's electronic visa came through. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT - WITHOUT AN AUSTRALIAN VISA, YOU WOULD NOT BE PERMITTED IN THE COUNTRY.

When we travelled with Hal IN Nov/Dec. 06 the visa situation was handled by our TA. We didn't have to do a thing, fact is as we neared the time I got into a discussion here about the visa, that I finally had to call by TA and ask if we were ok and she assured me we were ok and she was correct. So between our TA and HAL it was handled.

I seem to remember on our Roll Call for earlier this year, several people had been 'missed' by Princess, even though Princess had charged for the ETA. We didn't get the option in the UK, but no problem. It takes about 3 minutes per person to do it online and costs AUS$20/person. Heres the link for your online visa(ETA). http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/

Simon

Yes, they won't let you in without the ETA (for which you need a passport). In fact the way it works is that the airline should check your passport number against a database to see if it has been granted an ETA. If not, they shouldn't let you on the aeroplane. Don't worry that you have no 'physical' ETA. Try and make a note of the number if you can, but the ETA itself is held in 'cyberspace'...so you will only be at the mercy of a glorified adding machine!!

Simon

The ETA can be processed online for $20 Aust., but if your TA does it for you it doesn't cost you anything. My printer was kaput and I was worried about getting a new one in time to do the ETA, so my TA did it for me and mailed me the printouts.

Since then I have a new printer and have printed out the Express Boarding passes for our Mercury cruise. Leaving home on 1/17 and can't wait!!!

The ETA can be processed online for $20 Aust., but if your TA does it for you it doesn't cost you anything. My printer was kaput and I was worried about getting a new one in time to do the ETA, so my TA did it for me and mailed me the printouts.

Since then I have a new printer and have printed out the Express Boarding passes for our Mercury cruise. Leaving home on 1/17 and can't wait!!!

Just 'rechecked' ours & it says we are fine...so looks like it is a GO>>>>--hey lots of wind today--BIG windchill--I'm ready---leave the house in 11 days!!!!! :D :cool: ...warmer weather here we come!!

AGAIN I am following YOU around these boards...LOL...Hope the BBgame went well. Just dawned on me--we will be gone AGAIN on the Mercury over Super Bowl Sunday--wonder if "downunder" will show it?? If it is the last Sunday in Jan--it will be the 27th & it will be a SEA day.

Archived