Another Formal Night Question

max44

On Formal night at about what time does dinning finish?

Is there any dancing after dinner or do you have to go to one of the nighclubs? is there a ballroom for dancing?

Would be nice to be able to have dinner and then a bit of dancing and go back and forth to your table.

Ladies, if your wearing a nice long dress do you usually get changed into something else if your going to one of the shows or nightclubing.:confused:

On Formal night at about what time does dinning finish?

Same time as any other night. I tend to figure about 2 hrs for dinner.

Is there any dancing after dinner or do you have to go to one of the nighclubs? is there a ballroom for dancing?

Would be nice to be able to have dinner and then a bit of dancing and go back and forth to your table.

There is no dancing area for passengers in the dining room; there's simply no room. It's all full of dining tables. Various lounges/clubs on the ship may have music you'd like to dance to. I haven't seen a ballroom on any RCCL ship, but the ones I've been on have each had one lounge/club area with a good-sized dance floor. Unfortunately, when I've found a band onboard that plays music suitable for ballroom dancing, it's always been in an area with a dance floor the size of a postage stamp! On ships with a Centrum (instead of a Promenade), I've seen a small dance floor and a trio or quartet playing nearby.

Ladies, if your wearing a nice long dress do you usually get changed into something else if your going to one of the shows or nightclubing.:confused:

Nope. If I'm going through all tlhe trouble to get dressed up, I'm staying that way till bedtime!!

Figure on dinner taking approx. 2 hours. There is no dancing in the dining room. There are no specific "Ball Rooms", dancing takes place in various lounges on the ship. Some people change out of formal clothes for the remainder of the evening and some don't.

Dinner for us is about an hour and a half. There is no dancing in the dining rooms. On the first formal night we walk around a little after dinner, have pictures taken, whatever, then we change clothes and are more comfortable throughout the night. On the 2nd formal night we still dress up, but just a little more relaxed. (suit instead of tux, dress instead of gown), and we usually do not change on this night. DO what makes you comfortable and happy!

Dinner is the same length, whether formal or not! Some folks do change, but many do not! I figure, if I'm looking great in my finery, why would I change into something less flattering????

Many times, the smaller band (in the Centrum area) will be playing more sedate, dancable music than what you will find in the nightclub.

We don't change. Why would we? We got dressed up to look great, we should enjoy it.

I agree, dancing would be nice, but I don't think it would work even if there was room. Dinner is approximately timed so that both seatings finish. There wouldn't really be time for dancing during first seating, and the waiters want to get everyone out after second seating so they can set up for breakfast and go to bed.

Archived