Why cruise Carnival?

WinnieinWA

I always recommend Carnival because you can't beat what you get for the price. The ships I have been on were always clean and had a lot to offer. I know that I don't have anything to compare it to, but if it ain't broke don't fix it. In other words, I have no desire to try another cruiseline. I'm slowly but surely working my way to platinum.:D

Carnival totally meets the needs of my family, besides giving the best bang for the buck. As we can only travel during peak vacation times, we find Carnival to be the least expensive, with the largest cabins comparing apples to apples with other lines. My family is comfortable on Carnival - but we are low maintenance while on vacation. Some people are higher maintenance. Coming from all-inclusive vacations to cruising, we have found that Carnival's service is top-notch. (we sailed Disney before Carnival, so we do have a comparison) Again, a cruise vacation is what you make of it - look for the negative, and you will always find something wrong. Roll with the glitches may occur, and you will have a blast!

Carnival totally meets the needs of my family, besides giving the best bang for the buck. As we can only travel during peak vacation times, we find Carnival to be the least expensive, with the largest cabins comparing apples to apples with other lines. My family is comfortable on Carnival - but we are low maintenance while on vacation. Some people are higher maintenance. Coming from all-inclusive vacations to cruising, we have found that Carnival's service is top-notch. (we sailed Disney before Carnival, so we do have a comparison) Again, a cruise vacation is what you make of it - look for the negative, and you will always find something wrong. Roll with the glitches may occur, and you will have a blast!

Personally, I like the experience. Whatever it is that they do, in funship style, sets a tone for the ship that I don't experience on other lines.

Add the food, the entertainment, the spacious cabins, the service, and just the endless list of things to do, we keep returning.

Wow! That was like looking in a mirror! That's exactly how we are. We have however tried RCCL and NCLA. Still like Carnival best.

Carnival is one of the few cruise lines that offers great military discounts even if you only served 2 yrs. My DH retired from the Navy after 22 years and once we found out about Carnival's military discounts we've pretty much stuck with them. Alot of bang for the buck!

When we booked our first cruise in 2005 we chose Carnival because of its "Fun Ship" reputation. At the time our DS was only 12 years old so it seemed like it was a good choice. After we boarded the ship we realized it was a good choice all the way around. There was much to do for both DS and the rest of our cruise group. The value is also another reason to keep us coming back. I also like the laid back & casual atmosphere on Carnival. It seeems that other than formal nights most passengers are in a neat/casual way of dressing. I have not yet cruised any other lines but if the price is right & the itinerary is something I want to do I am open for it. A part of me wants to try another just to compare but I truly am happy with what I get from Carnival.:)

Bang for the buck.......and when I get the Military and friend/family......8 of us go for BIG BANG for the buck (just over $4k for 7 people in 4 cabins (3 balcony and an adjoining interior) on an 8 day southern Miracle).

I'm not opposed to another line...but I'm with the "if it ain't broke" crowd

My son wants to "flowride" on RCCL........not so sure he can get $1k worth of flowride and rock wall to make it worth a change.........someday.

My son wants to "flowride" on RCCL........not so sure he can get $1k worth of flowride and rock wall to make it worth a change.........someday.

I just hook up two water hoses to the driveway and let it flow.

I prefer Royal Caribbean, but I've been cruising on Carnival lately because my hubby is a VERY picky eater, and Carnival has 24 hr. pizza (versus Royal Caribbean which closes it at around 2am or something). :) So, Carnival wins!

It truly depends on the friends. I have helped a friend book several RCCL cruises because it was a better fit for them.

Not huge differences, but little things like decor that (for her) would make a better experience for her and the new non-smoking in the cabins. That is what will keep her with RCCL.

I really don't ever "recommend" Carnival over any other cruise line unless I think it is a good fit for that person.

Now, if it is good fit...then I tell them that Carnival is not a 5 star experience, but you will definately get your money's worth.

BTW, did you read about the Southern Living Award that Carnival got?

http://www.att.net/s/fc.dll?ep=44&Time=Jan%2002,%202008%2012:19%20PM%20ET&storyid=477b1a50_4173_002p4090&dyn=1&ch=mo&s=fn&ss=&keyword=

We love CCL for many reasons.

First and foremost is, it is fun. I didn't realize what this meant until I tried a line that wasn't.

I love the demographic of passengers...Old, young and in between. I sailed another line where everyone was old...no fun. I'm not saying old people are not fun, I'm saying you need a mix.

I have been fortunate to have had crew on my cruises that were wonderful. They were professional without being stuffy and uptight. They made the atmosphere on board feel nice.

For some crazy reason, despite what some people think, I actually think of the 3 lines I've cruised so far that CCL has better food....not drastically better, but I feel (in my opinion) that my meals have been more enjoyable on CCL.

I don't like the crazy singing waiters in the dining room, but hey...I can deal with it because everything else makes up for it.

I've enjoyed every one of my cruises on each line, but CCL feels like 'home' to me. I will add that I just tried NCL and found the same fun factor. Fun is what I'm looking for right now in a cruise. If it is too laid back and too quiet, I don't want it.

We cruise Carnival because it's cheap. The decor is a little guady for my taste, and we've had better food on other cruise lines, but otherwise, they all seem about the same. As long as it goes to the Caribbean, doesn't matter the cruise line. In our family, we don't really care about the decor so much, and if we don't like the food, just get pizza, so it's not that big a deal.

I've tried RCCL, Norwegian and Celebrity. Always come back to Carnival. Our cruise group of seven ladies range in age from 35 to 68 (a bit younger when we first started cruising). Carnival seems to be the only line able to satisfy everyone in our diverse age group. And the level of service is impeccable--the staff seems to always know what you want (or don't want). Sometimes you just want to be left alone, sometimes you want to be pampered -- I don't know how they always know what I want! [When I was on Celebrity a few years ago you couldn't walk across the buffet area without being approached several times with an offer of help to carry your tray (or your water glass). I'm just not that needy and appreciate the ability of the Carnival staff to know when to offer help and when a nice smile and hello is all you need! Somehow they always know -- I think maybe they read minds!] Anway, whenever it's my turn to make the arrangements I always choose Carnival.

I love the night life. I can party all night and not have to worry about driving ( I have a couple of coctails of course ). They have such a variety to do. They have a piano bar, a night club, a club that has a

live band and more. Once you're finish you can stop at the pizzeria for a night cap. They also have parties on the lido deck that include a buffet.

I LOVE CARNIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for my next cruise in November 08 ( HONEYMOON ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you recommend to a friend to cruise Carnival over other lines? What do you like best about Carnival?:confused:

Winnie <-----> wants to cruise them all :D

After one Carnival cruise, I would not recommend Carnival to a friend. Just my view. :) It also seems that most of the Carnival cheerleaders on this board have never tried another line. :)

After one Carnival cruise, I would not recommend Carnival to a friend. Just my view. :) It also seems that most of the Carnival cheerleaders on this board have never tried another line. :)

Just call me blissfully ignorant! I actually would love to cruise other lines, but our schedules have forced us to choose only 4 or 5 day cruises and the closest port is New Orleans. Unfortunately, Carnival is the only line to bring short cruises to New Orleans. I could go to Galveston, but I would be scared to drive the extra few hours down on the day of the cruise, so the overnight stay would require an extra day of expenses and grandma babysitting. I like the idea of supporting my "home" port, also, which is New Orleans. Carnival has always been a very enjoyable experience for us, and while I know there may be bigger and better out there, we enjoy the incredible military discounts and fun atmosphere of Carnival in the meantime. For the price and location (N.O.), Carnival is just fine for now.

p.s. I'm not even sure they still do RCI short cruises from Galveston, but at one time they did.

Archived