Need recommendations for excursions!

Happy Grandmom

In Grand Cayman if you just want to walk around the town is very nice. If you would rather snorkel a highlight would be the stingrays.

I am not a fan of Ocho Rios. But a good tour is the Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios.

Princess Cays is the private island that Princess uses. It offers a nice relaxing day on the beach. So, you don't have to sign up for any tours there.

Cozumel. It's a nice town so if you want you can just walk around and browse the stores.

Keith

Congratulations on your first cruise!! You picked one of our favorites, Grand Princess we did the 16 day cruise from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale in Oct/Nov. and it was wonderful.

NOw my recommendations would be for a first timer, the high lights tour on Grand Caymen, it goes to a few places including 7 mile beach, and Hell!!:D

Ocho Rios, please don't go out on your own while there, it can get scary if you are found wondering around without a group. They are very pushy when trying to sell you anyhting, including drugs. This is my personal opinion, but we don't even get off of the ship anymore in that port.

Cozumel, is nice, and if you check thru the tour book you can find a few things that you might like. One good thing about Princess they tell you the cost, time of tour, how long it takes, and if you have any special needs if you should do it or not. I lenjoy just walking odwn town, and browsing thne shops, but know you have to be firm but nice when you say NO Thank You!;)

As for Princess Cays, that is their fun island for swimming and other things to do, they also have a wonderful BBQ for lunch.

Good luck and if I can help you with any thing just ask.:)

almost forgot this is the web page for the Ports of Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Hello,

In Grand Cayman you can walk around this very interesting city. You can also take a taxi to one of the hotels on the beach, and use the beach.

In Cozumel you might want to look into a tour of Tulum Mayan ruins. Or just spend the day walking around Cozumel and spend no money.

I have not visited Ochos Rios.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Get yourself a good guidebook on the Caribbean ports--they have them in libraries (for free!) or bookstores! Read up on the ports you'll be visiting, so you'll know what's available, how safe it is, costs of transportation, shopping, restaurants, etc..... A little info goes a long way toward having a great trip!

Archived