Anything You Ever Needed to Know About Carnival FREEDOM

kiffrig

Found the buffet at dinner usually served a few of the same dishes they were serving in the dining room - also some of the same desserts. We were surprised to see chocolate melting cake at the buffet at dinner time. Can't help you with lunch, though.

OK, I know most of you cruisers were not there for the exercise, but DH and I are taking B2B cruises on the Freedom starting April 26th. We are doing the Transatlantic voyage and then doing the May 10th Mediterranean. There are way too many opportunities for caloric overindulgances on the cruise, and we need to know how to work off all the goodies!

Our torture of choice is water aerobics. Do they offer this onboard? If not, what do they offer class wise that doesn't cost (I'm sure Carnival will part us from our money in many, many other ways.)

Do they do dance classes?

We don't want to come home to our water aerobics classes here in Virginia looking like the Blobs Who Ate the Freedom!

TIA

There definitely was water aerobics a few times in the pool. It was very popular, and the pool was jammed during these sessions. There was line dancing on the showroom stage - we watched this once, but I think it was offered twice during our cruise. As for exercise classes, I know they had some - don't know if there was a charge or not. DH used the treadmills in the gym for his exercise - I walked the track every day, and enjoyed it very much. And remember, there are spa choices on the menu every lunch and dinner, along with sugar free desserts. (some not too bad!)

Hello All:) We are going on the Freedom this Saturday(Feb. 23rd) We so far have the Chic 6:15 dinning time (Know this is no guarentee until onboard and see my sail & Sign Card) To those who recently sailed the Freedom and had the 6:15 Chic dinning room, how was it? I read on here and had people tell me that I should try and switch to the Posh dinning room, that the service and experience was better, but I can't really believe that one dinning room would be so much better. I know that the Chic is smaller than the Posh and the Posh has more of a better view 3 walls of surrounding windows vs Chic with 2 walls of windows. Having heard what people said, I would never let this ruin my cruise but just wondering if recent Freedom Cruisers felt this to be true. So any feedback about how the food/service was in the Chic 6:15 dining room would be higlhy appreciated. Thanks:)

We did a Med cruise back in July, seems like so long ago now.

There are many ship reviews on this board and they cover a huge range of topics and cruisers so you should be able to get a good spread of opinions.

We loved our time on Freedom (12 night port intensive cruise). It has the usual problems with that class with access from bow to stern at certain levels. The decor is a real mixture of subtle to garish but nothing is so bad that it would spoil a cruise. Wouldn't use the decor for my hoem however.

Hi DavidandPaula (or anyone else who can answer my question) -

from your post it looks like you sailed on the itinerary we are looking at for August, that leaves from Rome? Is this correct? Can you tell me what ports you visited? I would love to speak to anyone who did the Mediterranean sailing on the Freedom, I need help making a decision!

Feel free to e-mail me at lyssa13@ufl.edu - if you want to help! Thanks.

Hi DavidandPaula (or anyone else who can answer my question) -

from your post it looks like you sailed on the itinerary we are looking at for August, that leaves from Rome? Is this correct? Can you tell me what ports you visited? I would love to speak to anyone who did the Mediterranean sailing on the Freedom, I need help making a decision!

Feel free to e-mail me at lyssa13@ufl.edu - if you want to help! Thanks.

My son and I sailed on the 12 day out of Rome last July. We loved the cruise, and the ship! The ports we visited were Livorno (Florence), Athens, Istanbul Turkey, Rome (over-night), Naples, Izmit Turkey, Rhodes Greece and Katakolon Greece. As others have mentioned...VERY port intensive, but wouldn't have missed it for anything. My fav ports were Florence, Istanbul (my favorite), Naples and Rome....but I loved them all.

On all ships there are going to be things you like better than other things, that is just part of the experience in my mind anyway. Yes, the decor is loud, yes, there are lounge-hogs by the pool, yes, nothing is perfect. Unless you want to spent ALOT more money,I think you have to go with that mindset. Overall, I thought the shipwas great, so great, I am going back this June for the Grand Mediterranian cruise...also 12 days, but

overnight in Venice, a stop in Cannes, in Barcelona etc. I was able to snag one of those 1A cabins w/ portholes, so I can't wait. Carnival offers the best bang for my dollar.

Has anyone stayed in one of the wrap around balcony cabins on the Freedom? I'm wondering what the configuration is like. We had a wrap around cabin on the Miracle and it was a suite. I notice on the Freedom that they are considered a cat 9A. We are looking at the 12 day Med next year.

Can we get back to the more SERIOUS QUESTIONS, which of the bars specialize in Martinis?????

There is a bar called "Bar Noveau" on Promenade deck. They specialized in martinis. Had a few "dirty" ones there. It is also close to the sushi bar. Each night I would get a snack of sushi, bring it over to the Bar Noveau and have a drink. If you are in Posh upper dining room, it is just a short staircase away which makes it a perfect pre-dinner cocktail spot.

There is a bar called "Bar Noveau" on Promenade deck. They specialized in martinis. Had a few "dirty" ones there. It is also close to the sushi bar. Each night I would get a snack of sushi, bring it over to the Bar Noveau and have a drink. If you are in Posh upper dining room, it is just a short staircase away which makes it a perfect pre-dinner cocktail spot.

Thank you sir that sounds like a plan, we have requested 8p dinner so we have time for a sushi snack and drink so that will work out great.

Thank you sir that sounds like a plan, we have requested 8p dinner so we have time for a sushi snack and drink so that will work out great.

You're welcome. If you like sake, they also have that at the sushi place as well for a charge.

Enjoy the cruise. I liked the Freedom ship very much.

For IslandCruiser87, We were on the January 26th cruise. We had table 183 in the Chic Dining Room at 6:15. The service could not have been better. The dancing and singing were great. It was a wonderful cruise.

Have a fantastic time. Boop

For IslandCruiser87, We were on the January 26th cruise. We had table 183 in the Chic Dining Room at 6:15. The service could not have been better. The dancing and singing were great. It was a wonderful cruise.

Have a fantastic time. Boop

Thanks! I can't wait to sail the Freedom. Only a couple more days and im off. :)

I was on the Freedom Transatlantic in October.

Had a wonderful time.

My one discomfort was the ship felt so warm most of that trip. I am generally always cold and couldn't believe how I was sweating in the dining room at dinner. Also before dinner, wandering around the Promenade deck, it was hot and stuffy. Again one of those areas where people congregate. And no, I'm not having personal summers, yet..................

I'm thinking perhaps it was wherever masses of people were congregating, those areas get warm.

Any comments on the ship temp. lately?

i booked a balcony gtr (TBA) for March 29th, still not assigned, from talking to my PVP this morning looks like it should be at least 8c or 8d as only one 8c left and no 8a or 8b.

if get 8d or higher we will have saved at least $300 a piece.

I had the pleasure of doing an Eastern Med cruise in September 2007 on the Freedom! Very port intensive and depending on the type of tour you choose - there is lots of walking! You won't gain weight. Unless of course you get greedy and order several entrees and desserts.

But the service was fine, food was ok and the ports were amazing (the main reason I took the cruise).

I did not see any water aerobic classess offered - I enjoy doing that type of exercise too and would definately signed up if they were offered.

We were staying on the lowest deck in an inside cabin - took us 2 minutes to get off (just down one flight of stairs to the gangway) and we took the stairs where possible.

i booked a balcony gtr (TBA) for March 29th, still not assigned, from talking to my PVP this morning looks like it should be at least 8c or 8d as only one 8c left and no 8a or 8b.

if get 8d or higher we will have saved at least $300 a piece.

How does a balcony guarantee work? Do you have the best available and as the higher categories get filled you get bumped down until you can't get bumped any lower than an 8A (or whatever the guarantee states)?

Archived