luggage

Hi

We are a family of 4 going on our first cruise this summer .... soooooo many questions but seem to be finding a lot of answers by reading thru the site ... I guess we will make a lot of newbie mistakes, but hope that they wont be too costly !!!!

Can someone please tell me how much luggage you are allowed to take on board? Is it limited to one case each - as we may have around 6 cases (we are from the UK and will be doing the cruise as part of a 6 week holiday in Florida). We have 2 cabins - one for us and one for our kids ...

will that be ok ??

They officially say allowable luggage is 200 pounds per customer. The actual fact is that you can pretty much bring whatever you wish. The most limiting factor will be whatever your airline allows. Don't worry about the ship's limit.

Hypo

I don't believe that there is a limit on how many bags you may bring onboard. You may only walk bags on board that are typically carry on size at an airport as these also have to go through scanners. Keep in mind that your cabin is VERY limited on space. The fewer bags you can manage to bring the better.

They officially say allowable luggage is 200 pounds per customer. The actual fact is that you can pretty much bring whatever you wish. The most limiting factor will be whatever your airline allows. Don't worry about the ship's limit.

Hypo

In all RCCL documents it says a passenger is allowed only 200 lbs of luggage each to bring on board. ;)

I believe the small bags of extras we carry on are definitely not counted. ;) :D

I don't believe that there is a limit on how many bags you may bring onboard. You may only walk bags on board that are typically carry on size at an airport as these also have to go through scanners. Keep in mind that your cabin is VERY limited on space. The fewer bags you can manage to bring the better.

We've always stored our luggage under the bed and have never had a problem with space.

Archived