Cruise Port in Papeete

Karynanne

Do you of you have the actual name of the port that the cruise ship use in Papeete?

We have a Circle Island tour booked, and our driver emailed me, requesting the name of the port. Apparently there are two ports that can be used.

Thank you in advance,

Karyn

Everything I've looked up says Port of Papeete. The TP used to dock right beside the ferries and the PG docked right beside the TP, although closer to shore. They were constructing a new pier that was more south when we were there in 04'.

Perhaps Meherio can be of more help - sorry

Charlie

The inquiry our tour guide asked was, " Is it Cooks Bay or Opunoau Bay?" Anyone know?

Thanks,

Karyn

Karyn, arn't both those bays on Moorea?

Lonely planet guide says all cruise ships moor at the Quai d'Honneur in Papeete, hope this helps, we have a private guide booked and he is meeting us at the wharf, he didnt ask which one, and on Moorea he is meeting us at Cooks Bay at the Kaveka hotel.

Chez

xx

Ah, so it's Papeete for sure, not Moorea. It's certainly more complex in Moorea, since sometimes the ships themselves don't know which bay they will anchor in--sometimes it depends on weather. And I agree that if it were Moorea, your guide could figure it out--the local tour operators always do!

Never seen a cruise port other than the main one. Since you always get to the port an hour or 2 before you can get off - the driver would surely see where you are ! I can't beleive a local driver would email for such info.

I think the port is called finger something - that's what I remember about my last Princess Patter the other day.

Have fun !

Larry

Archived